Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Peterborough playing real well, they've looked like the better team tonight. If Ottawa can grind out a win here that'd be fantastic.

edit: Ottawa has been all over them in the third gotta love it

Last edited:
Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Fantastic to get the first W of the series. The guys came out flying in the third, completely taking control of the game. Morrison is a BEAST!

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
The Pete's 2nd goal ...hmmmm
Not so sure they beat the buzzer.
Morrison and Beck wow they were so great tonite....Marrelli is a playoff surprise for sure.
Glad we won, very entertaining game.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
The Pete's 2nd goal ...hmmmm
Not so sure they beat the buzzer.
Morrison and Beck wow they were so great tonite....Marrelli is a playoff surprise for sure.
Glad we won, very entertaining game.
I didn't think that it was in, but, strangely, no-one called me to ask. It's almost like they don't care. The zebras were their usual dreadful tonight. Tolnai gets tagged for slashing a Pete on the skate. Fair enough. Same play, opposite way, and it's a 4-on-4 instead.

The overhead is supposed to include the net and the light, but we never saw that one. Maybe it was defunct. It seems every review is bad news for Ottawa. At least this one did not affect the outcome.

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I didn't think that it was in, but, strangely, no-one called me to ask. It's almost like they don't care. The zebras were their usual dreadful tonight. Tolnai gets tagged for slashing a Pete on the skate. Fair enough. Same play, opposite way, and it's a 4-on-4 instead.

The overhead is supposed to include the net and the light, but we never saw that one. Maybe it was defunct. It seems every review is bad news for Ottawa. At least this one did not affect the outcome.

Oh the controversy on the Petes goal. It was hard to tell but I suspect it was a buzzer beater but nonetheless a win is win. I give Peterborough the overall edge in period 1 and 2 while the 67's stepped up in the 3rd. 4 on 4 favored Ottawa in this game and the 67's powerplay looked good except for their 1st attempt..... Crowd disappointing again. That place should have been packed. Hello Ottawa where are you???.....Where are the 67's going to play once they tear down the slanted roof arena? Might as well take the North Side Stands with it as well and rebuild a new complex.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Oh the controversy on the Petes goal. It was hard to tell but I suspect it was a buzzer beater but nonetheless a win is win. I give Peterborough the overall edge in period 1 and 2 while the 67's stepped up in the 3rd. 4 on 4 favored Ottawa in this game and the 67's powerplay looked good except for their 1st attempt..... Crowd disappointing again. That place should have been packed. Hello Ottawa where are you???.....Where are the 67's going to play once they tear down the slanted roof arena? Might as well take the North Side Stands with it as well and rebuild a new complex.

I was at the game tonight. I thought the 67s outplayed Peterborough in the 1st and 3rd. I’ll give the 2nd period to Peterborough, but credit to Ottawa for coming out strong in the 3rd after that goal with no time left in the 2nd (based solely on the replay we saw at the game the goal shouldn’t have counted). Against a lesser team that would have been a momentum shift going into the 3rd. In the 3rd it seemed like just a matter of time until Ottawa scored. I thought Marrelli in particular had a very strong game tonight. Mintyukov too.

Typical 67s game, they just find a way to win and it’s not always pretty or easy.

They’re building a new arena/event center underground at the east side of the football field (under the hill that’s currently there). Capacity of 5500 to 6000 I believe. That’s where the 67s will play. Two or three new high rises (40+ storys) where the north side stands currently are. Currently being studied/assessed by council.

Reactions: Race Dawg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad