Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
ottawa 67s

It shows you where we are on the pecking order in this city when a tape game of frisbee is more important.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Goal
2ND 17:32
#8 Sasha Chmelevski (1) scores. Assists: #88 Kevin Bahl, #77 Kyle Auger Power Play
+/-
Goal
2ND 18:07
#71 Kody Clark (1) scores.
+/-
Goal
2ND 19:58
#29 Tye Felhaber (1) scores. Assists: #8 Sasha Chmelevski, #19 Travis Barron Power PlayGame Winning
+/-

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Where is Evans?

Great question. On the game sheet, his name is just crossed out just like David Pearce. Every other scratch or injury had either # for scratch or an injury comment (Robertson-knee).

On a side note, is Robertson's injury severe? I sure hope not because I think he could be in for a big year.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Great question. On the game sheet, his name is just crossed out just like David Pearce. Every other scratch or injury had either # for scratch or an injury comment (Robertson-knee).
X
On a side note, is Robertson's injury severe? I sure hope not because I think he could be in for a big year.

Don't think its severe or season ending, saw him walking at the rockland game and looked ok....just based on my med experience for what its worth.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's win 4-3

Goal
3RD 18:56
#93 Mathieu Foget (2) scores. Empty Net

Goal
3RD 19:59
#91 Ryan McLeod (2) scores.

Last edited:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Didn't the Missy TV station shut down? Maybe no more TV coverage there for games?

Yes, I believe both Toronto and Mississauga Rogers TV stations were shut down in the spring. I'm not sure how the Steelheads games are being broadcast, or if they are.

The 67's weren't dependant on Mississauga for radio however, that was on them.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
WOW is this board getting fickle. one page it is kill the gm and owner. Next it is all great games guys.

Bottom line is that this team is young, They are learning a new coaches method of playing and they have not had much time to play as a team with everyone back.

My advice is to relax. Have a EX and enjoy the roller coaster for the first 2 months.

I would rather have them come out stink the joint up learn from mistakes and then go on rather than the old Fronts way of coming out strong and fading.

This team has a positive young core that can do well. The fact that Sasha made it past rookie camp tells me that he wants to play and that SJ saw something. the NHL camp may have helped him see his deficiencies and pushed him.
Looking at the amazing stats page they have at OHL it looks like the issue may be clearing the front of the net for Kingston and this will come with strength and time.

Tourigny and his staff now have an idea of what to work on and where to make tweaks. Let's face it this team while it has the parts is still for the next 2 months a work in progress

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Junior hockey you gotta love it

Barrie 11 67's 2
67's 4 Mississauga 3
Barrie 2 North Bay 5

Barrie and 67's fortunes change in 24 hours.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
When the game against the Olympiques was announced for the 17th of December, I assumed it would be an outdoor game, but it appears not. What's the deal with that game? Every outdoor NHL game has piggybacked other games onto the same sheet of ice, AHL, college, women's leagues etc. What the sense of having the 67s play the Olympiques the very next day and having it in TDPlace Arena?

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
ottawa 67s

I heard ftom alot of fans saying they wont go if it is outdoors . Can see the game better inside.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Quite the roller coaster ride over the first weekend of the season! Lose 11-2 to the last year's dead last team in the league and then beat the league runner up and champion (albeit depleted versions)!

A few observations:
-Stratis looks like a different player over the past two games than I saw out of him last year. He looks composed and confident and moves the puck effortlessly.
-True has a high level of skill and complemented Chmelevski nicely out there tonight.
-Okhotyuk was basically Bobby Boucher on skates tonight. He is going to be a lot of fun to watch in the next few years.
-Barron and Keating look much faster.

Great weekend, let's hope for another one Stateside next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad