Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Trying to make a case for Suomela having played better than Tierney so far this year (on their own respective teams) is probably more moronic than defensive, its true. He's just being polite.
No one is trying to make a case that Suomela has played better. Everyone is saying that Suomela has filled his role better than Tierney would. Well that’s at least what I’m saying and have been since the beginning.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
No one is trying to make a case that Suomela has played better. Everyone is saying that Suomela has filled his role better than Tierney would. Well that’s at least what I’m saying and have been since the beginning.

Dude this is a joke right? Read the thread.

Listen to your fellow sharks fans, they are not trying to hide their point. Its been stated by them over and over again (just look a few posts above).

They are legit saying Suomela has been better over the first 7 games. There is no hidden meaning to their message, we've already acknowledged a dozen times that this hot start has no bearing on the future.

Its embarrassing whats being said in here.

Edit: Can I get Joethornton or RkyMtnShark to quote the post I did above, so we can at least all agree we're talking about the same damn thing here....

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dude this is a joke right? Read the thread.

Listen to your fellow sharks fans, they are not trying to hide their point. Its been stated by them over and over again (just look a few posts above).

They are legit saying Suomela has been better over the first 7 games. There is no hidden meaning to their message, we've already acknowledged a dozen times that this hot start has no bearing on the future.

Its embarrassing whats being said in here.

Edit: Can I get Joethornton or RkyMtnShark to quote the post I did above, so we can at least all agree we're talking about the same damn thing here....

You have terrible reading comprehension and have no right to tell anybody that they have a learning disability or call them a dummy. Have fun with Caved in Chris and Dumbass Dylan. I’ll be sure to bump this thread by game 40 when they regress to the mean.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
You have terrible reading comprehension and have no right to tell anybody that they have a learning disability or call them a dummy. Have fun with Caved in Chris and Dumbass Dylan. I’ll be sure to bump this thread by game 40 when they regress to the mean.

:laugh:

So much salt. No worries we will enjoy them and the rest of the stuff you gave us. Especially when EK is walking in the summer after you guys choke again.

Last edited:
Reactions: branch

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
:laugh:

So much salt. No worries we will enjoy them and the rest of the stuff you gave us. Especially when EK is walking in the summer after you guys choke again.
Lol coming from the guy with a train wreck team and an owner who clearly doesn’t even give a **** about it. Enjoy your top 10 pick this year.... oh wait.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Everyone is arguing different things which is why this thread has become hilariously hyperbolic.

Everyone but Sens fans are arguing different things...

I dont recall one Sens fan disagreeing that the future is still TBD on Tierney.

Yet we've heard every way under the Sun as to why this stretch of good play should be null and void.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I started to read the last thread page, but I am pretty confused so I will just say this...

• Like the Duchene trade, I still don't love it, but it's aging much better than it looked upfront.
  • Karlsson's offensive production may be lackluster (0 points 5v5?) but his Game Score is still higher than guys like Hedman and Josi up to this point, so he's obviously a less noticeable but positive impact than the eyetest tells us.
If he doesn't re sign and they don't go deep, this trade could definitely be looked back on and considered much more fair than we all gave Dorion credit for. We don't know Karlsson's contract demands, that may have hurt is value more than we realize. Some of the assets they got back look much better than I expected.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
[EDIT]

Tierney and Demelo have been great through a whopping, 7 games. I have zero idea what they will look like after 82 games. Currently they have been a welcomed surprise.

I also watch Sharks games and Karlsson is playing better then his stat line. This trade is currently not looking as bad as originally announced. Which is totally normal when looking back at trades.

This is not to say it is a great trade for Ottawa, just that it's looking, so far, in a crazy short sample size, to potentially not be hot garbage. Josh Norris is starting out great in the NCAA, Balcers is playing like a stud in the AHL.

Will this all translate, long term, who knows. It doesn't matter currently, it's just been fun watching this Senators team who have had the worst year/off season a team could possibly have. We have always been a underdog team. So the salt and hate thrown this way doesn't bother me.

[EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
If you want to argue that, based on the large discrepancy in their production this season, that Tierney has been more valuable than Suomela, I can respect that.

If you want to suggest that a player is automatically better than another player over a certain span of games if they have a certain discrepancy in their production, I can respect that.

I don't think you know what respect means. It does not mean "I can try and fail to refute".

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Terrible analogy. Duchene had a proven track record before he was traded to Ottawa. Tierney is proving he can put up points in his current situation. Maybe it's just a lucky streak but that not a guarantee. Suomela hasn't proven anything other than that he can make an NHL roster.

Suomela has proven as much as Tierney in their new roles. Tierney can be productive in a scoring role through his 8 games and Suomela has shown that he can dominate the puck in a 3rd line role giving up one dangerous scoring chance for every three that he creates. Both are likely on a streak that will not maintain throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad