Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I read it as, Edmonton was on his no-trade list/Edmonton wasn't on his list of teams he could be traded to.

He did word it oddly, since it's a no trade list, not a list of teams he's willing to be traded to.

Does Edmonton have the cap space to make this work? Ottawa is cash strapped so they could take on a front loaded contract (ie paying less money than the cap hit states) but they couldn't afford to take a cap dump that they had to pay real dollars for (I don't know how Lucic or Russel's contracts are structured)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Late to the party but holy shit. I can't even believe a trade this bad could happen. Just... wow.

I am sorry for Ottawa fans. Melnik really is a cheap piece of shit

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Dm_vP1RU4AAGE6w.jpg

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Yeah this is a bloody fiasco.
There are so many rumours around the real reason, but all of them circle back to Eugene Melnyk, a man poor in fiance, poor in social graces and poor in recognizance of the importance of talent. A man so cheap he would make Ebenezer Scrooge and Harpagon look like free-spending partiers.

We have lost our best defenceman and player in franchise history for a pittance. Not a single European (and by this I mean Swede) to add much-needed style and grace to the team, no one with a whit of imagination outside of Balcer, and worse still? A...a friend of Tkachuk, that corn-fed yokel who will, at the very least, need to have MVP honors to make up for Karlsson's departure. We had an elite player, an outsized personality and a man who stood above keyboard warriors such as myself.

And now? Now we have...detritus. I hope no one goes to Fan Fest this Sunday, and I hope the team's enclave is empty, night after night until Melnyk is driven to ruin and a sale of the team. And since "distracted guy" memes are still amusing...

via Imgflip Meme Generator

2hymo2

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone have one of those self flagellation whips I could borrow? Pretty sure Sens fans have done something terribly wrong and the only way to fix it is to repent for our sins by whipping our backs till we cant feel them anymore... couldnt be worse pain then im feeling now :ha:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Has he been introduced to the SJ media yet? Put on the jersey yet? Pics?

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
How the hell were Subban and Karlsson traded in a window of 2 years. I had mad respect for EK he was a tremendous talent and very entertaining.

Every fans in the eastern is losing something with this madness of a trade..,

How could they not even land a blue chip asset ie Sergachev or not even Timo Meier for the freaking best D in the league...

Insanity

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I don't have a source but I read somewhere on the shark board that the earliest EK may get into San Jose is around Tuesday of next week.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
The Sens twitter is pretty entertaining right now. The replies have been negative and anti-Melnyk for some time, but it is completely ramped up now and the marketing team has been tweeting a lot more recently since the season is around the corner. 99% of replies, from both Sens and non-Sens fans, are just ripping the management.

Ottawa Senators (@Senators) | Twitter

Reactions: topshelf15

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
How the hell were Subban and Karlsson traded in a window of 2 years. I had mad respect for EK he was a tremendous talent and very entertaining.

Every fans in the eastern is losing something with this madness of a trade..,

How could they not even land a blue chip asset ie Sergachev or not even Timo Meier for the freaking best D in the league...

Insanity

That would explain the shape both clubs are in.

Reactions: Donkeyz

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The Sens twitter is pretty entertaining right now. The replies have been negative and anti-Melnyk for some time, but it is completely ramped up now and the marketing team has been tweeting a lot more recently since the season is around the corner. 99% of replies, from both Sens and non-Sens fans, are just ripping the management.

Ottawa Senators (@Senators) | Twitter

Noticed Balcers said he was happy to be there, and got an answer from what appeared to be Senators themselves. Something like welcome, and now log off Twitter forever. Harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad