Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd, cdnl picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Karlsson never asked for a trade, per Dorion's presser.

Paraphrased: "We don't want to quantify the rebuild, we'll let the players dictate it"; "Veteran players [on Stone, Duchene] are aware of the process and it's up to them to decide if they want to be part of it".

Ihatekessel

Feb 24, 2014
Thunder Bay
I’m guessing that if there were any other offers on the table, and I’ll bet there was, they involved The Sens taking significant money back. A Melnyk run team will never take money back, even if it means taking a worse offer.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Let's wait and see.... I sense more to come the next few days.... What a start on camp-opening-day.... First the extension of Seguin, then this trade....

Exciting days.....

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Let's wait and see.... I sense more to come the next few days.... What a start on camp-opening-day.... First the extension of Seguin, then this trade....

Exciting days.....
Ya I thought HF boards were just crashing because of the Seguin contract then I logged back on like half an hour ago and saw this monster trade.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Uncle Eugene needs to go a new route here. Close off the upper area with the big tarps, leaving 9-10k seats. Big focus on fun. Lotsa hotdogs guns, t-shirt tosses, multiple mascots. WWE raw demographic should be target market for this dog&pony show.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They got the best defenseman the NHL has seen since Lidstrom.

And if you had Lidstrom for one year and didn't win the Cup that year..you didn't exactly gain a whole lot either. Teams operate on the premise of trying to win the Cup, so if you get a superstar you normally do so under the assumption you'll have a 5-10 year window to do so.

In this case, that window is 1 season guaranteed. Ottawa had no chance of winning the Cup in that year with or without EK so trading him was sensible. San Jose increased their chances this year, but only this year..that's less than what you'd get with a 'full' Karlsson. And that's why the trade is fair.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
And if you had Lidstrom for one year and didn't win the Cup that year..you didn't exactly gain a whole lot either. Teams operate on the premise of trying to win the Cup, so if you get a superstar you normally do so under the assumption you'll have a 5-10 year window to do so.

In this case, that window is 1 season guaranteed. Ottawa had no chance of winning the Cup in that year with or without EK so trading him was sensible. San Jose increased their chances this year, but only this year..that's less than what you'd get with a 'full' Karlsson. And that's why the trade is fair.

Whose to day they cant resign karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad