Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJ] Buddy Robinson, Zack Stortini & 2017 7th-round draft pick FOR Tommy Wingels

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Wingers is a straight up boss. That dude gives it his all every shift and can actually play hockey. Pretty damn well. Somebody post his timbits pic with Sharks uniform, I can't do it :(((
Guys like this get you to the cup finals

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I like it for both teams. In fact I like it a lot.

Sharks needed to get rid of salary and open up a spot in their lineup without sacrificing depth completely. With this trade, they will have a few more options at the deadline. Robinson is a warm body in case a rash of injuries hit but there is a significant drop-off from Wingels. The 7th is good value for retaining a bit on the contract and the extra consideration lets them consider moving other picks for an upgrade elsewhere on their roster.

With MacArthur finally done for the year, Ottawa needed to add more NHL depth since they're still sitting in the playoffs. The budget doesn't allow for big deals so by sending out Robinson and Sortini and getting the Sharks to retain, the money was easy to justify. Further, if Ottawa does somehow find some good value at the deadline, Wingels would add depth to replace whatever Ottawa has to send out in a big deal.

Ottawa will get a good look at Wingels and how he might fit on the team in case they lose a forward like Lazar/Pageau in the draft. Re-signing him isn't out of the question if he fits and a fair contract can be reached. If he doesn't fit, the cost was reasonable.

Sharks essentially get a 7th rounder for a player that would conceivably pass waivers without retention.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
That dude who made the Value Of: thread for Stortini last week must really have been on to something

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There are way too many people spelling OttAwa wrong in this thread. You know that red squiggly line that appears underneath after you type Ottowa? Yeah, that means the word is spelled wrong people. Despite common belief the city was not founded by Joel Otto.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
How Huggy Bear is even still playing after be nothing more than a 4th line plug (which is still being generous) is beyond me.

Huggy Bear being Huggy Bear:

Last edited:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Love it as a Sens fan. I've always liked Wingles. I think he's a very solid bottom 6 guy

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Stortini has been a healthy scratch in the AHL for the last month....

He's more likely an ECHLer.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Very good trade here for my Senators. Wingels gives the team a good bottom 6 forward and really never gave up much for him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm happy Ottawa is making the effort to upgrade the 4th line. Boucher had a few of the guys playing under 5 minutes a night... he obviously has no confidence in them as a group.

Cooperalls

Oiler Fan!!!
Oct 5, 2010
Stortini has been a healthy scratch in the AHL for the last month....

He's more likely an ECHLer.

The AHL has rules on how many vets you can dress. That being said he was obviously not considered a player that the Sens were looking to develop either, so they'll look to get younger prospects ice time.

I liked Stortini when he was with the struggling Oilers. Embarrassing when he's dropped the gloves but you couldn't fault his effort. Something that was lacking on the Oilers during that period of dark ages.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Disappointed to give up Wingels for essentially nothing, especially after giving away Nieto, but moving Wingels had to be done so despite the nothing return this move benefits the sharks.

I hope he performs well in Ottawa. Sens fans should like him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Shoutout to the guy who made a value of: Zack Stortini thread a few weeks ago

I'm flabbergasted. I thought you were joking :laugh:

Wingels if you count prospects realistically should be about the 18th forward on a healthy cap free sharks team.

Well, he is going to be the 9th or 10th forward on the Sens

Sharks must be outscoring the Sens like crazy. Checks and see 2.69 G/GP for the Sharks and 2.63 G/GP for the Sens... Or maybe you were exaggerating with 18th?

If that's true then I feel kinda sorry for you guys since Wingels is definitely not a middle 6 LW.

LW : Hoffman, Smith, Dzingel, Pyatt
RW : Stone, Ryan, Lazar, Neil

Wingels should slot on 3rd line or 4th line RW

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Kelly-Lazar-Wingels
Neil

Ahl calibre players is better then bottom line echl players they have been dressing.

Stortini has been healthy scratched on the worst AHL team for like 15 games, and since then they can't stop winning :sarcasm:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm flabbergasted. I thought you were joking :laugh:

Well, he is going to be the 9th or 10th forward on the Sens

Sharks must be outscoring the Sens like crazy. Checks and see 2.69 G/GP for the Sharks and 2.63 G/GP for the Sens... Or maybe you were exaggerating with 18th?

LW : Hoffman, Smith, Dzingel, Pyatt
RW : Stone, Ryan, Lazar, Neil

Wingels should slot on 3rd line or 4th line RW

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Kelly-Lazar-Wingels
Neil

Stortini has been healthy scratched on the worst AHL team for like 15 games, and since then they can't stop winning :sarcasm:

Thornton, pavs, hertl
Couture, donskoi, marleau
Boedker, meier, labanc
Tierney, carpenter, goldobin
Karlsson, ward

Sorry it was 15th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad