Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Good puck mover with a good shot, not that good defensively. Sens are 3-5 since they got him. He is a minus 2 with really only two standout games.

Was worried the Oilers would overpay him, thank god they got Ekholm who is a much better player and physical. Is plus 13 in 8 games where Oilers are 6-2 and made them a much better team.

Best pickup at deadline and it isn't close.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
No disrespect to Columbus but I hope Bedard ends up in Chicago or a Cali team.

1. Don't want him in the east as a leafs fan.
2. Players don't seem to commit to CBJ. How long before we're talking about Bedard wanting out?
I'm legit conflicted. I don't want him in a horrible organization like Chicago. But I also don't want him in a state that's passed so many oppressive laws like Ohio. Yet despite all of this playing in the same division as the Flames? Lol nope.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I don't know enough about your roster either way, would it unlock Chabot offensively if he was continually activated / didn't have to worry about playing defense? Maybe it would, idk. Potentially worth a try I guess, I mean, why not try at least esp if the team keeps losing. Playoffs are still possible but you guys have just started a really tough stretch, hopefully DJ can get all you guys firing together

Chabot has been playing with Zub lately, who is a great defender, and that can't save Chabot. He needs a new coach who is willing to bench him.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Was worried the Oilers would overpay him, thank god they got Ekholm who is a much better player and physical. Is plus 13 in 8 games where Oilers are 6-2 and made them a much better team.

Don't think the Sens were as concerned about immediate results, but here's your pat on the back.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
So if Ottawa finishes out of the bottom 5, but wins the lottery and moves into the top 5, does Arizona still get the pick?

1679062179474.png

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Good puck mover with a good shot, not that good defensively. Sens are 3-5 since they got him. He is a minus 2 with really only two standout games.

Blind squirrel Holland found a nut this time.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I expected the Chychrun add to improve the Sens’ playoff chances so the first would be mid first.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm legit conflicted. I don't want him in a horrible organization like Chicago. But I also don't want him in a state that's passed so many oppressive laws like Ohio. Yet despite all of this playing in the same division as the Flames? Lol nope.
This is the worst take I’ve maybe seen on here, throw your phone in a microwave

Reactions: dwonger

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

The difference being one team has McDavid and Drasaitl scoring nearly 5 goals a game while the other team is just coming out of a rebuild missing its 1C from last year. JC is almost 8 years younger and will likely be with the sens longer than Ekholm will be with the Oilers. Both teams should be happy with their respective trades as Edmonton has a nice contending window with Ekholm helping to solidify the defense while the sens should be entering theirs as soon as next year. Swap JC with Ekholm and you would likely be posting the exact same thing.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
The difference being one team has McDavid and Drasaitl scoring nearly 5 goals a game while the other team is just coming out of a rebuild missing its 1C from last year. JC is almost 8 years younger and will likely be with the sens longer than Ekholm will be with the Oilers. Both teams should be happy with their respective trades as Edmonton has a nice contending window with Ekholm helping to solidify the defense while the sens should be entering theirs as soon as next year. Swap JC with Ekholm and you would likely be posting the exact same thing.
Why would I post the same thing when JC is a much, much worse player defensively?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I wouldn't say that.

Orlov has 12 points in 10 games with the Bruins and a +10

There's several players who have been very good fits for their new team. Using " and it isn't close " is just ignorant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad