OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Why are we talking about the Broncos? It's Rockies season!!!!!!!!!!!!

56-106 is my prediction
Do you honestly think that can manage 56 wins? Haven't paid attention to them since they traded Arenado in what was the worst trade in sports history, until the Broncos said hold my beer with Russ.

I was looking at their roster and it sucks. Not sure how they even hit 50 wins.

Reactions: katfude

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Do you honestly think that can manage 56 wins? Haven't paid attention to them since they traded Arenado in what was the worst trade in sports history, until the Broncos said hold my beer with Russ.

I was looking at their roster and it sucks. Not sure how they even hit 50 wins.
It's a better roster than last year, Rockies usually go around .500 at home anyways so they'll hit more than 50 wins.

Only important thing this year is young players progressing. Season gets fun once guys like Beck, Romo, and Thompson gets here this year imo.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Point still stands that I ain't paying to stream that bullshit.

I would occasionally check in when it was on a channel that was part of my sports package... but I'm not dropping a penny to watch this year's clown fiesta

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think a lot depends on how healthy their rotation stays. This feels like Kyle Freeland's last chance to get his career back on track.

I know absolutely nothing about the bullpen, let alone the batting order.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Rockies used to at least sell everyone on their up and coming young talent but I guess the Monforts decided that propaganda wasn’t even worth shelling out money for. It’s truly astonishing what deadbeat owners they are, and it’s too bad MLB will probably never step in on this.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I think a lot depends on how healthy their rotation stays. This feels like Kyle Freeland's last chance to get his career back on track.

I know absolutely nothing about the bullpen, let alone the batting order.
His velocity is up during spring training so that's encouraging. Also they gave him a 5 year extension before start of last year, he's going nowhere.

Stuff wise, Feltner has the best in the rotation but unfortunately, he's at Coors. He's probably one of those guys that struggle with us and go to the Rays and dominate or something.

Reactions: Pokecheque

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Another season of Bud Black.

Is this the price for the Avs and Nuggets being good?

Edit:
and another season of Drew Goodman telling us how great Kris Bryant is. Definitely gonna watch with the Avs sound up and the Rockies game muted. Give me Rycroft and Moser all day.

Reactions: Pokecheque

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Rockies used to at least sell everyone on their up and coming young talent but I guess the Monforts decided that propaganda wasn’t even worth shelling out money for. It’s truly astonishing what deadbeat owners they are, and it’s too bad MLB will probably never step in on this.
They did do what they had to do in a complete teardown. I give Schmidt credit for pushing that through finally, really seemed like it would never come when they gave out that stupid contract to Bryant. And dealing with the injuries in the rotation the right way just letting this year be what it is.

I think the light at the end of the tunnel will come next season. There was no point in making moves to make a 60 win team a 72 win team this year.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Will be interesting to see if DU can overcome the brutally long game today. Still don't get how the NCAA makes a #1 seed play a team 30 minutes from their campus. That shit was ridiculous. Now they get to play a team 3 hours from the arena to win the region. Just feels like they wanted to sell seats and are happy to screw over DU and give them this miserable path through. Now all they have to do is have Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota all be a short drive away from the Frozen Four to make it even more ridiculous.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Will be interesting to see if DU can overcome the brutally long game today. Still don't get how the NCAA makes a #1 seed play a team 30 minutes from their campus. That shit was ridiculous. Now they get to play a team 3 hours from the arena to win the region. Just feels like they wanted to sell seats and are happy to screw over DU and give them this miserable path through. Now all they have to do is have Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota all be a short drive away from the Frozen Four to make it even more ridiculous.
It's better than having to go to Yost ever year to play Michigan.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
GJzqSI_XoAA2_8J

Good year everyone, back to the Broncos draft talk

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wow I knew the Rox sucked, but that is flat embarrassing.

Not sure how the league allows teams to actively not try to get better. Seems like this kind of f***s the competitive spirit of the game.

But at the end of the day, I guess there are always teams like this in every league. It just stinks that it's the team that I used to root for.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Why do I have this sinking feeling that Minnesota is going to trade up to #4, take McCarthy, and the Broncos are going to end up with Penix?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They did do what they had to do in a complete teardown. I give Schmidt credit for pushing that through finally, really seemed like it would never come when they gave out that stupid contract to Bryant. And dealing with the injuries in the rotation the right way just letting this year be what it is.

I think the light at the end of the tunnel will come next season. There was no point in making moves to make a 60 win team a 72 win team this year.
I have no doubt they know how to tear down, it's the building back up that I wonder about. They'll collect and develop some very good talent, we know they can do that, but at some point they have to splurge to solidify the roster and I have no faith whatsoever they'll do that. Baltimore tanked like no one has ever tanked before, but when the time came to finally turn the corner, they did so, most notably by trading for Corbin Burnes to be their new ace, and he didn't disappoint yesterday.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I have no doubt they know how to tear down, it's the building back up that I wonder about. They'll collect and develop some very good talent, we know they can do that, but at some point they have to splurge to solidify the roster and I have no faith whatsoever they'll do that. Baltimore tanked like no one has ever tanked before, but when the time came to finally turn the corner, they did so, most notably by trading for Corbin Burnes to be their new ace, and he didn't disappoint yesterday.
Let's get back to the playoffs before we judge them on filling out the roster. I actually think the moves they made this off-season bode well for properly getting back to contention in future years. The Cave trade makes zero sense except right now where you want to just keep a spot open for later, but you don't want to rush kids up. Not signing players for rotation spots is a sign as well.

Beyond that prospects are what they are. Talented but unproven. The best prospects outside of Tovar arent even up yet. I'm presuming the club trades more players at TDL this year to open spots for prospect upgrades. I could see Doyle being a great trade prospect, they probably are hoping Toglia can also take a bit and move him. For now they have to field a team and they aren't interested in having kids fail now and lose contract leverage.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Why do I have this sinking feeling that Minnesota is going to trade up to #4, take McCarthy, and the Broncos are going to end up with Penix?
They might as well fold the franchise if they draft Penix. Dude is a walking injury. And an overall mid QB who was on a good team.

If there is guy the Broncos want you go get him. You don't mess around. Trade whatever it takes.

Reactions: lionsDen

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
The Nuggets have looked like hot garbage these last two games without Jamal Murray.

Offensively, their strategy seems to rely on a barrage on 3-pointers by guys who shouldn't be shooting threes mixed with no rebounding since everybody is standing around the arc.

Meanwhile, defensive intensity is lacking. Minnesota hit 50 points with 5:30 left in the 2nd and not because they're shooting lights out. Lots of standing around, giving up way too many offensive boards. Malone looks like he's losing his mind in frustration.

Reactions: katfude

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Rough first round for the NCHC.

North Dakota, Western Michigan and Omaha all lose close games.

Denver squeaks by UMass in 2OT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad