OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just catching up to some of the other sports stuff.

Man, Carson Wentz...that's really tough for that Philly team, as I thought with him under center they could've been looking at something special in the playoffs.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Poor Wentz. That's two great rookie seasons for QBs that have ended tragically. I hope Watson and Wentz come back stronger next year. We need good qbs if the NFL ever wants to be entertaining again.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I hate the Eagles a lot, but Wentz is a pretty good passer. He will be fine next year. More worried about Watson, as he is going to need his quickness to get the most out of his talent in the league.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

BRINGING THE TRIANGLE OFFENSE BACK IN DENVER

Oh wait, wrong sport and this B.Shaw doesn't blow. He only throws cutters and it's in the mid 90s, it's beautiful.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So, no mention of the Yankees' Stanton trade? Team's going to score some runs. We'll get RL into the fan base yet. :D

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So, no mention of the Yankees' Stanton trade? Team's going to score some runs. We'll get RL into the fan base yet. :D

The hell you will, :lol:

Getting Stanton pisses me off though, because I am a fan of his (not so much with Aaron Judge though...)

Hopefully the Red Sox can find a way to combat that. They need a power bat, and at this point I wouldn't be unhappy if they traded JBJ for prospect depth and signed both JD Martinez and Eric Hosmer (they do need a 1B) to add a little more pop to that lineup.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looking for some advice from you football guys.

I'm in a standard league and trying to decide who to start this week. Winner goes to the finals.

Carr or Winston?

1 of JUJU, Hilton, Fitzgerald or Corey Coleman?

Fitzgerald is the safe option, Hilton is the straight up best WR (but a horrible QB) but for some reason I have a feeling JUJU is going to go off against the Pats while they put all their hope on covering Antonio.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Looking for some advice from you football guys.

I'm in a standard league and trying to decide who to start this week. Winner goes to the finals.

Carr or Winston?

1 of JUJU, Hilton, Fitzgerald or Corey Coleman?

Fitzgerald is the safe option, Hilton is the straight up best WR (but a horrible QB) but for some reason I have a feeling JUJU is going to go off against the Pats while they put all their hope on covering Antonio.

I've had Mike Evans all year and it's done jacksquat for me, so I wouldn't be looking Winston's way myself (I know there are other receivers on TB, but I'm kinda pissed at how he's played this year).

You're right that the safest bet is Fitzgerald, and according to ESPN Washington (who the Cardinals are playing) have allowed the 5th most fantasy points to WR's since Week 9. He could be in line to have a big day against that team.

I understand your point about Juju and the Pats...but I also wonder how fired up New England will be after the drubbing they just got from Miami. I don't trust the QBs in place for Indianapolis OR Cleveland for either Hilton or Coleman to have good games. So in summation, if it were my team, I'd be leaning Fitzgerald with Juju as the 2nd option.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Yeah, Wentz is the real deal IMO. It's too bad for the Eagles ( even though I don't like them either ) and him........Too bad for the NFL too, really. I'm sick of the same old dudes winning everything. He would have been a breath of fresh air to watch.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
QBs I would go Bortles/Winston and Carr #3. I’d even take Jimmy G over Carr. Every person playing fantasy this week should have Nick Foles on their #1 waiver wire. I wouldn’t start him this week but in future weeks he’s probably a #1 QB.

WR I’d go Fitzgerald and then JuJu. I honestly wouldn’t even consider Hilton or Coleman vs those two. A wild card at WR could be Goodwin out of SF or Mike Wallace has been super hot as of late.

Bortles is a controversial pick but the Jags are very much in the playoff hunt and have so much on the line. Fournette has really helped him. Bortles - as bad of a rep as he has - is actually producing some eye opening numbers. If you’re desperate for a QB he’s gotta be considered given that the Jags are going to put it on the line to make the playoffs.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
They just traded Ozuna and are already putting out that they're open to dealing Yelich. No idea what's going on w/ that team.

The new ownership group promised to lower the payroll to literally nothing, as the Marlins are still hundreds of millions in debt with no seeming way to get out. I think the plan is to literally go for the smallest possible payroll for a few years, try to stop bleeding tens of millions a year, and start paying down their massive debts. Unless something happens, they could basically just be a farm team for everybody else in the majors for a long, long time.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
they just put themselves on the hook for $30M for Stanton. They'll be paying off that mistake for years - should have just traded him when they could have a long time ago.

The Marlins basically need to do what the Royals did 10 years ago and gut everything....then acquire a hot prospect at every single position.

In NFL news, Todd McShay has the Broncos taking Josh Allen at #5 in his latest mock. :help:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They just traded Ozuna and are already putting out that they're open to dealing Yelich. No idea what's going on w/ that team.

The same thing that always goes on with that team--selling off assets at a record pace. This is the THIRD time they've done this. It's almost criminal that franchise has won two World Series.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
everyone's going nuts over the Broncos win but I don't get it

1) Indy is a horrible team
2) Heard McGovern looked great - although I'm a fan of his, the scouting/rap report on him is that he's an excellent run blocker and needs work on pass protection. Of course he's going to look great with the Broncos running the ball most of the game
3) Really like the new O-Coordinator. McCoy's 3 WR sets were killing the team and he was stubborn as hell running them
4) I can't believe people are actually wanting to keep Jeff Heurman now. It was one play.
5) Finally played the young guys. Always scratching my head seeing all these draft picks play for other teams but the Broncos seem to institute some rule where guys outside of the 1st round aren't allowed to play until year 2/3. You gotta throw these young guys into the fire. Quit coddling them.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It screwed up the tank.

Although, the lower the Broncos pick, the less upset everyone will be about the taking a flier on Allen or Mayfield.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So after all the hype, the Mayweather-McGregor fight ended up not topping Mayweather-Pacquiao. It did 4.3 million domestic PPV buys while the latter fight did 4.6. Still the second biggest fight ever, in both PPV buys and at the gate, but ultimately the real boxing match garnered more interest.

Some good boxing on TV recently with Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko, Horn vs Corcoran, Vargas vs Herrera, and now Saunders vs Lemieux tonight. Too bad Diego De La Hoya didn't make weight the other day.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Lomachenko and Triple G are my guys.

Don't know anything about Saunders or Lemieux. I've just recently gotten back into boxing. Kind of enjoying it actually - there's a lot of talent at all levels it seems like now.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Boxing is very deep in all divisions right now -- especially welterweights and the divisions just within a few pounds of it either way -- except for the heavyweights. The Klitschkos cleaned the division out and it hasn't recovered. Nobody ever really bested Wlad, they just waited until he got too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad