OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I almost played Winston instead of Carr. Glad I'm not having to wait till today to see if I'm in the finals. I got so lucky that my opponate had an even worse week than me. He sat Foles for some ungodly reason and had Fournette so I lucked out hard there considering my top performer of the week was Baltimore Defense :laugh:

My league is $500 for the winner and $150 for second place so I'll be happy no matter what happens next week.
Had I started Carr I would have been two point short. So yeah Carr had a solid week but it wouldn't have been enough so I'm glad I went with Winston (for now lol).

My f*** up was playing Larry Fitzgerald over Juju. only 5.5 points in difference but that would have been enough for me to be comfortable tonight.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW, Andrew Mason and anyone else who blindly stick to the asinine argument "If the technology's available..." can shut the f*** up once and for all. In the end, judgment calls need to be made, and that will never change. No one, and I mean NO ONE, can tell me this makes the game better or makes the officiating any better. If anything, both have regressed. That's why the stupid as hell coach's challenge in the NHL needs to go away for good.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
you either gotta go full on digital/science in the league and finally put a damn chip in the football, or you gotta go back traditional.

The problem the NFL has is that they have one foot in the water with technology. They're still stuck in the 80's when it comes to practically everything. If it were not for the XFL I don't even think we'd have the camera angles we do today. They need to either junk the technology stuff or go full on in with it. Probably less risk involved if they junked it.

Did anyone else see McMahon patented the United Football League (UFL)? There's rumors of a 2nd XFL version coming your way. I know the first one was a joke - but honestly I'm always up for competition. Competition breeds improvement.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Nice Kento! (Should I call you Eddie now? Lol)

I would have crushed if I had played winston. Can't believe I'm in the finals the very first time I've played in a money FF league.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My finals opponent has Zeke, Gurley and Josh Gordon. I'm so boned :laugh:
Lol that's rough.

In my big league I have Zeke, Hunt, Thielan and Juju (who I'm expecting big things from with Antonio out).

In my smaller league I have Bell, Ingram, K Allen, Gronk and Cooks. The guy I'm playing has Jeffery, Landry, Mckinnon and Fournette as his best players. Yahoo already has me pegged as an 80% favorite lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASmileyFace

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Lol that's rough.

In my big league I have Zeke, Hunt, Thielan and Juju (who I'm expecting big things from with Antonio out).

In my smaller league I have Bell, Ingram, K Allen, Gronk and Cooks. The guy I'm playing has Jeffery, Landy, Mackinnon and Fournette as his best players. Yahoo already has me pegged as an 80% favorite lol.
Glad to see that MacK has attainted superstar status in two different sports! Landy would kill it as a TE I think :laugh:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Oh my god yes
Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz in March
Keith Thurman vs Jessie Vargas in April

Both on Showtime.

Thurman is either the best or second best in the world right now. He and Terence Crawford.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I'd put Lomachenko and then Crawford 1 & 2

never seen Wilder fight but I've heard really good things about him
Lomachenko doesn't have the body of work that a Thurman or a Crawford has. He's ridiculously skilled but he needs to get some better opponents under his belt.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
With Denver Broncos president of football operations John Elway in attendance, Allen finished 11-of-19 for 154 yards with 3 touchdowns and no interceptions.

.....god help us! I don’t like Allen!!!!!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Allen has great physical traits too, so the combine will probably goose his draft stock.

Putting Cousins in the dirt Sunday should be a priority for the Broncos. Making the defense look good will help sell him on the team.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The Mammoth have their home opener tonight as the defending champion Georgia Swarm come to town.

I got my tickets, and while I was at it I scored 3 for the Hejduk jersey retirement game. And I'm pretty sure my parents got me a Nuggets five game plan for Christmas, so I'll be spending a lot of time at Pepsi Center this year.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Allen has great physical traits too, so the combine will probably goose his draft stock.

I've read or heard from numerous sources over the past couple years that the Broncos heavily favor the combine numbers for scouting vs. game film.

I got a real real bad feeling about Allen. I'm always going to root for Broncos draftees to work out, but I see this as the same scenario as we've got already in Lynch. Raw physical tools and a "project". I'd take Mayfield over Allen at this point but you're right - the Broncos brass are going to go bazonkers over Allen at the combine. Allen's probably a lot smarter than Lynch so that's a bonus but I just don't like the development aspect of drafting him. The Broncos have proved pretty horrible in player development over the past 3-4 years IMO.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I can't really say he's taken a crappy team around him and made them all that much better - he'd need to do that with the Broncos

I can't say that the bar of excellence is set very high though in Wyoming. We can at least punt.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
He's going to get the Browns out of the mess they're in

(Unless they trade the pick so they can draft 5 more WRs again)

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth won their home opener, Nuggets beat the Warriors in Oakland, Avs stomped the Coyotes, Rams beat Long Beach State.

It was a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad