OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
If NFL teams really want a terrible QB but has amazing physical tools, they should wait for Steven Montez.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think Allen's gone by the time the Broncos pick comes around.
Your mouth to God's ears.
If NFL teams really want a terrible QB but has amazing physical tools, they should wait for Steven Montez.
tumblr_m8zhdoBolu1qap9tho1_500.png

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Do we really even need to draft a quarterback that badly? I think they all have holes and I’m not sure any quarterback is going to be that successful with our OL problems, anyway. I’m still in the trade down boat if it’s an option. I actually like Benders’s idea of trying to get two OL if we can.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The NFL just doesn't go BPA. QB is just too important a position in the game and QB-needy teams will always do what they can to jump up and draft them over higher ranked players to get them.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
was thinking a lot about the NFL today and I think the next "dynasty" in the NFL will come to the team who is able to figure out how to use spread/athletic QB's in the NFL effectively. If the days of the passing QB and pass blocking OL are gone (because of a simplified college O and the strange reluctance by the NFL to create a developmental league), then whoever figures out how to use these RPO/spread QB's effectively is going to leave everyone else in the dust.

The Browns are already the Browns, but I was just thinking if they wanted to be "bleeding edge" they'd draft Barkley and Nelson and then Lamar Jackson in the bottom of round 1 (would have to likely move up). They'd have an awesome RB, a good OL, two capable spread QB's in Taylor and Jackson....it'd be a hell of an experiment.....crazy idea and yeah it would probably implode...but some team I think is going to try this at some point in the future. They'll need 2-3 QB's though to make it work due to injury etc.

Probably a horrible idea...but they're the Browns...nobody would be expecting anything more :)

Last edited:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I think that if Barkley is available at #2, NYG takes him. If he’s not available, that #2 pick could be in play. Buffalo would be my best guess.

I’m not so sure Denver is going to pick a QB at #5. Bolles (with some 2nd year improvement), Nelson, Paradis, Leary is a pretty solid 80% of a proper NFL offensive line.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
That complicates things for the Broncos.

Indeed it does, though only if they’re after a QB.

If they’re after the non-QB BPA, it could actually help, as Indy was not going to take a QB at #3.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not sure it's all that crazy. I thought I read somewhere (maybe the DP?) that Elway knew pretty early on Monday that the financial terms was just going to be too much for the Broncos to be able to handle, and thus they shifted their focus entirely to Keenum at that point.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
yeah you guys are right - I think it was obvious from early on that 3 years 75+ guaranteed were going to be the starting line for negotiations.

Speaking of cap $$, I was looking at cap figures and my eyes kinda widened - this roster's really in shambles when you look at the depth.

1) Can't believe Menelik Watson is still on this roster, but I guess they have no alternative. RT is a huge concern still after a few weeks into the offseason. Schofield/Stephenson are now gone and Menelik is the last man standing - i.e. Menelik is the only candidate at RT at ALL. Scary. A RT needs to be drafted high or signed.

2) Both the WR's (DT/Sanders) are free agents after '19. Still no legitimate WR3 that is being developed behind these guys, and I highly doubt the Broncos are going to pony up top WR money to re-sign either one. Gotta draft or sign a WR that's got some WR1 capability. No more gadget/slot dudes. Broncos have shown interest in UFA Deonte Thompson, but he's 29 years old.

3) Signing CB Brock probably plugged a much needed hole in the secondary. I was pretty convinced they would take a CB or S in rounds 2/3, but not so much anymore.

4) Still concerned about TE. Team is heavily relying on Jake Butt to be their starter. Jeff Heuerman is slated to the backup/TE2 right now. Yikes. Derby's already gone to Miami.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think that if Barkley is available at #2, NYG takes him. If he’s not available, that #2 pick could be in play. Buffalo would be my best guess.

I’m not so sure Denver is going to pick a QB at #5. Bolles (with some 2nd year improvement), Nelson, Paradis, Leary is a pretty solid 80% of a proper NFL offensive line.

Yeah but having Mentalyk Watson at RT knocks that down to 70% or worse. ;)

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Per Klis -

Elway also had been working or some trades, which requires more patience. For instance, Washington safety Su’a Cravens and Dolphins right tackle Ja’Wuan James. The Broncos thought they had a deal in place with the Dolphins for James, but they needed another move to come through. When it didn’t, they kept James.
The Broncos have made multiple offers for Cravens but have yet to reach a deal with Washington GM Bruce Allen.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
In the mock I was trying to trade back in the low 1st to take Will Hernandez, which is what I hope the Broncos do if they take a QB at #5

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
RT is the biggest weakness on broncos.. 6 games against AFC west. that means mack, houston and either bosa or ingram is rushing against that RT most of the time. broncos play texans, bengals and cardinals next year too and those teams also have good edge rusher(s) coming from RT side.

Reactions: Bonzai12

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
In the mock I was trying to trade back in the low 1st to take Will Hernandez, which is what I hope the Broncos do if they take a QB at #5

Do you think they could get him at #40? Or would they have to trade up?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
RT is the biggest weakness on broncos.. 6 games against AFC west. that means mack, houston and either bosa or ingram is rushing against that RT most of the time. broncos play texans, bengals and cardinals next year too and those teams also have good edge rusher(s) coming from RT side.

Agreed, though TE is looking pretty lousy also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad