OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
His stats last Year are pretty crazy - for the first 5 weeks he was as bad as Schofield. In the last half of the season though he was a dominant tackle in the league.

Might eat crow on this one but I kinda trust this OL coach, more so than any of the other coaches on the staff. I think this guy is gonna turn around the line. Just hard to do when you only have so many contact practices anymore.

In the Post, there is an article talking about how they're going to put Leary back at LG. I suppose that means they're going to cobble together a right side of the line again, unless they address it in the early rounds of the draft.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Will be interesting. As Choker said - he played a lot of LT last year totally unplanned for, but he actually played pretty decently.

If he comes out in camp and plays excellent it may give the Broncos a tough choice on who to play at LT.

I dunno how you guys feel about it but I’d still like to see Bolles play RT for a year or two before he is just handed the LT spot for the next 5-10 years.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I like Rankin because in part I think he can slot elsewhere on the line.

But my Plan Capital Bold Face 24 point font A for the draft is take a QB at #5 and trade back into the mid 20's for Hernandez.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I like Rankin because in part I think he can slot elsewhere on the line.

But my Plan Capital Bold Face 24 point font A for the draft is take a QB at #5 and trade back into the mid 20's for Hernandez.

I saw a mock on ESPN yesterday that had Hernandez as the 4th rated G in the draft. Are you buying that?

Cause if that’s true, Denver won’t have to trade back into the 1st tonget him.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I saw a mock on ESPN yesterday that had Hernandez as the 4th rated G in the draft. Are you buying that?

4th? Behind who? Nelson, Price and Wynn? Daniels is strictly a C right? I'll be a little surprised if both Wynn and Price are picked before Hernandez.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

I see him mocked in the mid-20's all over and he came into this a 2nd round prospect and only looked good at the Senior Bowl and Combine, plus I think the prejudice against taking Guards in the 1st round (especially late 1st) is gone. I'd love him at #40, but I highly doubt he's there.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
4th? Behind who? Nelson, Price and Wynn? Daniels is strictly a C right? I'll be a little surprised if both Wynn and Price are picked before Hernandez.

I believe Wynn and Daniels.

Though please don’t hold my feet to the fire on that. I was a few beers in at a bar. I do remember Hernandez as the 4th rated one though.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I have Hernandez as the second best G. My only knock on him is if he actually can fit Denver’s scheme - they usually want pretty athletic guards and Hernandez looks pretty awkward running in his Tom Rathman pads. He did show really good ability to pull though in the Senior Bowl and nobody’s gonna know him better than our OL coach and our staff from coaching him in the Senior Bowl.

I think it’s a really good bet they will be after him

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Rams are serious - that'a sleeper pick already for me to win their division

They also reached out to the Giants already to talk OBJ.....Those talks are probably going nowhere but if you're a Rams fan or a player you have to be ecstatic that the team is being aggressive about improving.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Ryan McMahon made the team.

I hope you guys are ready for my constant bitching when McMahon is sitting on the bench for 5 straight days and we get to see Ian Desmond hit weak ground balls after weak ground balls.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ryan McMahon made the team.

I hope you guys are ready for my constant *****ing when McMahon is sitting on the bench for 5 straight days and we get to see Ian Desmond hit weak ground balls after weak ground balls.

Tracy Ringolsby already set the stage. You won't be alone if that happens.

I can't help but wonder if they were going to shift Desmond to the outfield full time and then were able to re-sign CarGo because of collusion the strange free agent market going on.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think they totally missed the boat with Kyle too.

Check out his resume vs VJ’s and I have no idea what Elway/Broncos were thinking.

I have heard though that Lynch and Shanahan had been really great friends for a long time and the 49ers thing was a package deal for both of them to run the org. Elway probably wouldn’t have wanted to cede any power to Lynch so the duo had to go somewhere else.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
good move by the Broncos getting Cravens and not giving up much.

They basically lose 1 pick (163), move up a couple of picks, and get a safety that will probably allow Simmons to make the permanent move to corner......Takes a lot of pressure off the team to pick up a 3rd corner in the draft....This

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
good move by the Broncos getting Cravens and not giving up much.

They basically lose 1 pick (163), move up a couple of picks, and get a safety that will probably allow Simmons to make the permanent move to corner......Takes a lot of pressure off the team to pick up a 3rd corner in the draft....This

I think Simmons should be at free safety, not strong safety or corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad