OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
It would have been nice if Butt and C. Henderson weren't injured last season and if D. Henderson was actually given some reps in the back half of the season. Not knowing what any of those guys bring to the table hurts this team's off season plans.

Reactions: Bonzai12

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Josh Allen will be the best of this QB bunch, y'all just scared because he reminds you of brock/paxton

I mean those are two good reasons to be worried about him. They are not good QB’s and they all have very similar traits. I mean if Allen proves me wrong I’ll eat my crow but I’m 100% against being the team that takes him.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I agree Allen will be gone.

But it’s really tough to find qb’s who consistently throw under 60% and become great in the nfl. Stafford and Matt Ryan didn’t have great completion percentage seasons but they at least had one 60% year as a starter before entering the pros.

I wish the college game tracked drops. Allen is really tough to read because I do give him a slight benefit of the doubt that he probably did have WRs dropping balls. It’s hard to tell to what extent though unless you go back and watch every single WY game.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I agree Allen will be gone.

But it’s really tough to find qb’s who consistently throw under 60% and become great in the nfl. Stafford and Matt Ryan didn’t have great completion percentage seasons but they at least had one 60% year as a starter before entering the pros.

I wish the college game tracked drops. Allen is really tough to read because I do give him a slight benefit of the doubt that he probably did have WRs dropping balls. It’s hard to tell to what extent though unless you go back and watch every single WY game.

N8or4cF.jpg

QBs get completion if accurate pass is dropped. throwaways, spikes etc aren't counted. shouldn't be taken as gospel as depth of target, scheme can all impact this. allen ranked 92nd out of 100 in this stat among all FBS QBs with more than 200 pass attempts (that weren't spikes, throwaways etc).

allen has horrible tape, horrible stats, great traits.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Great info Choker! I guess I shouldn’t be giving Allen the benefit of the doubt then! It also re-interests me in Luke Falk though. I was super excited to watch that kid play in the Senior Bowl bit he didn’t really impress. Maybe nerves got the best of him. I wish White was included on that chart. I got a feeling one of White/Falk may actually end up being a starter in this league.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
He's a better QB than Josh Allen is.
I believe it, however Tyler Lytle >>>>>>>>>>> Montez

Great info Choker! I guess I shouldn’t be giving Allen the benefit of the doubt then! It also re-interests me in Luke Falk though. I was super excited to watch that kid play in the Senior Bowl bit he didn’t really impress. Maybe nerves got the best of him. I wish White was included on that chart. I got a feeling one of White/Falk may actually end up being a starter in this league.

Falk is terrible, benched couple times for Hilinski ( :( :( ) this past year and should have been benched more.

Btw, Falk didn't play in the senior bowl, he left to attend Hilinski's funeral.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Ah that’s right I do remember that - Falk’s practices though were pretty weak in comparison to the other QBs throughout the week.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So if my math is correct, the Broncos have about $21M in cap space, and if they keep the draft picks they have, signing those guys will cost around $11M in cap space (estimated). With $10M in space left over, do they go out and get a FA or two? If so, at what position(s)?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
So if my math is correct, the Broncos have about $21M in cap space, and if they keep the draft picks they have, signing those guys will cost around $11M in cap space (estimated). With $10M in space left over, do they go out and get a FA or two? If so, at what position(s)?

teams usually reserve at least 5M for in-season expenses. and usually that's enough to cover injury replacements, performance bonuse and such. so it's really just about 5M left.

i'd roll it over for next year. no FA left is significantly going to impact broncos fortunes next season, at least not with their current cap space.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

If they don't come out with at least one viable option at tight end, write this season off.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Frank Gore signs with the Dolphins.

One more ride, it seems.

Glad to see it.

Current all time NFL rushing leaders:
1. Emmitt Smith (18,355 yards at 4.2 YPA)
2. Walter Paytor (16,726 yards at 4.4 YPA)
3. Barry Sanders (15,269 yards at 5.0 YPA)
4. Curtis Martin (14,101 yards at 4.0 YPA)
5. Frank Gore (14,026 yards at 4.3 YPA)

So Gore will obviously track down Curtis Martin, needing just 75 yards to do so.

He'd need a big season to get Barry, though. 1,168 yards.

Gore's career rushing totals, 2005-present:
608 (missed 2 games, 1 start, the rest as a backup)
1,102 (missed 1 game)
1,036 (missed 2 games)
1,120 (missed 2 games)
853 (missed 5 games)
1,211 (15 starts, came off the bench once)

Amazing that he hasn't missed a game since 2010. I hope he has a good season for Miami.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Unable to trade back into the late 1st to get Will Hernandez to go with Baker Mayfield, I took Martinas Rankin, OT from Miss state

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
#11 Loyola-Chicago have won three games, by a total of four points!

Also, if the left side of the bracket meets in the semi, one of #3 Michigan, #9's Florida St, Kansas St and #11 Loyola-Chicago will play in the National Championship Game :eek:

I love mayhem! :yo:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Unable to trade back into the late 1st to get Will Hernandez to go with Baker Mayfield, I took Martinas Rankin, OT from Miss state

Man that’s a bummer - Broncos acquire RT from Miami literarily 24 hours after you make your pick.

Veldheer is 6’8 321. Freaking huge. Hopefully the guy can play. I don’t know much about him.

Gase signs Osweiler. I thought Brock was probably done but he’s got nine lives apparently.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The Mammoth will retire John Grant Jr's number 24 tomorrow night. Game time is 7:00 PM.

Maybe the best stick handler in the history of lacrosse. Been a busy year at the Pepsi Center rafters. Fat Lever, Milan Hejduk, now Grant.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Man that’s a bummer - Broncos acquire RT from Miami literarily 24 hours after you make your pick.

Veldheer is 6’8 321. Freaking huge. Hopefully the guy can play. I don’t know much about him.

Gase signs Osweiler. I thought Brock was probably done but he’s got nine lives apparently.

*cardinals.

he was a good LT back in the day, a freak athlete for that size (yes, he was al davis pick if you were wondering). but he's been struggling with injuries recently and also struggled as RT last year after being LT for his whole career.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
His stats last Year are pretty crazy - for the first 5 weeks he was as bad as Schofield. In the last half of the season though he was a dominant tackle in the league.

Might eat crow on this one but I kinda trust this OL coach, more so than any of the other coaches on the staff. I think this guy is gonna turn around the line. Just hard to do when you only have so many contact practices anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad