Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
BTW, this sums up my feelings on the NFL perfectly...and tweak a few things and I think it also sums up NCAA football, which is in an even worse crisis.

https://deadspin.com/the-only-thing-that-works-about-the-nfl-is-football-1822676452

Thing is, I don't think the fat old men in suits soaking up all the money will ever be humbled enough to truly change, therefore I don't think anything will ever change.

the Super Bowl was a great game, but I don't think I watched more than ~5 other NFL games this year. Mostly it was Denver being terrible but every other flaw about the NFL -- blatant lack of creativity, too few players worth the price of admission, absurd quantities of commercials, ridiculous patriotism, super-duper roster turnover, and every other play getting a flag -- seemed like it had been ramped up 10x last season. If not for my office survivor pool that has a grand total of $35 in prize money, I don't know if I'll even pay much attention next year, especially since I assume the Broncos are going to be spinning their wheels again.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Nugg puppies making any splash today?

Edit: They’ve been pretty good of late. Too bad they couldn’t get win against SA. Tough schedule ahead though...and wow, there are some massive breaks between games.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nugg puppies making any splash today?

Edit: They’ve been pretty good of late. Too bad they couldn’t get win against SA. Tough schedule ahead though...and wow, there are some massive breaks between games.

I'm gonna say they don't, but I tells ya, the NBA is grrrrrrreat for drama. I am loving the soap opera that is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Do we like this move? Obviously we had no place for Mudiay as he really didn’t become the player we thought he would. Devin Harris should be a good vet as backup point guard. Too bad we lost Portland’s second though.

No clue :laugh: I don’t follow basketball that much, but my manager just told me they got traded LOL.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jimmy G becomes the highest paid player in the league after 6 good games on a team with no pressure because they were already eliminated from the playoffs.

Yeah, he's probably going to be a good QB but go compare his numbers during his final 6 games to the numbers Colin Kaepernick had in his final 6 games as a 49er. Eerily similar. Not saying Kap = Jimmy G, but this could come back to haunt the 49ers if Garropolo isn't everything he's cracked out to be.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jimmy G becomes the highest paid player in the league after 6 good games on a team with no pressure because they were already eliminated from the playoffs.

Yeah, he's probably going to be a good QB but go compare his numbers during his final 6 games to the numbers Colin Kaepernick had in his final 6 games as a 49er. Eerily similar. Not saying Kap = Jimmy G, but this could come back to haunt the 49ers if Garropolo isn't everything he's cracked out to be.

He's gonna get about 10X that in endorsements/photo shoots.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Do we like this move? Obviously we had no place for Mudiay as he really didn’t become the player we thought he would. Devin Harris should be a good vet as backup point guard. Too bad we lost Portland’s second though.

No clue :laugh: I don’t follow basketball that much, but my manager just told me they got traded LOL.

Mudiay was always sold as a really raw talent. Physically he's a specimen...I mean, he's a 6'5" PG for cryin' out loud! He also started out insanely young. I suppose they just finally ran out of patience and other players passed him up on the depth chart. Probably a better move than to just stick with him like they did Ty effin' Lawson. :roll:

Basketball is a completely different beast. Obviously trading a 21-year-old and replacing him with a 34-year-old in hockey is insanity, but in basketball? Harris addresses their most immediate need, which is good to have a capable floor general on a team full of shooters. So I guess in the end this is a perfectly fine deal for them, but it's not like they got that "last piece" that makes them a bona fide contender.

Anyway, I'm not even gonna pretend to be an expert on basketball like I pretend to be an expert on hockey so take my $0.02 for less than what it's worth.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I still think Mudiay can be good, but he needs to start and he's not better than Jamal Murray so he can't start here. And you can't play either one of them at shooting guard because Gary Harris is too good (and smart) to take off the court.

His main issues are his turnovers, his frequency of missed layups, and his defense. He has the physical talent, he has the work ethic. He needs to play smarter. There's no guarantee that will happen with experience, but it definitely WON'T happen playing 13 minutes per game off the bench with Darrell Arthur.

This guy played 12 games above the high school level before he got to the NBA. He started putting it together at the end of his rookie year (look it up, he had about a 23 game stretch where he played at an all star level), but then they drafted Murray and gave up on him. He has improved some aspects of his game on his own (most notably his free throw shooting) but Malone and his staff have done precisely nothing to develop him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

But he was trained by McDaniels!

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm old enough to remember when the Patriots were just about the most irrelevant franchise in the NFL and Tony Eason was their greatest-ever quarterback. Can't wait until they're irrelevant again, but it'll likely take a departure of both Brady and Bellichick before that happens.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm of the opinion that it would happen if Brady left and even if Bellichick stayed, but I don't think Bill stays when Brady calls it quits. They'll finish at the same time IMO.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm old enough to remember when the Patriots were just about the most irrelevant franchise in the NFL and Tony Eason was their greatest-ever quarterback. Can't wait until they're irrelevant again, but it'll likely take a departure of both Brady and Bellichick before that happens.
200.gif

Reactions: Pokecheque

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Am I wrong?

Depends on what you're asking if you're wrong about.

Did he leave the Colts out to dry? Yes (though I don't really care for Indy, so I'm not up-in-arms about that). Was it dickish of him to not even call the Assistant Coaches that he had been assembling either before telling Indy he was not going to take the job (or call them immediately after)? It sure was. Are you right in this insistence that he hasn't learned from his mistakes, from a pure coaching standpoint? No, there I think you're more likely to be wrong (again, I'm not speaking to his personality or anything, which I would agree that he comes off as an arrogant prick).

But I think the guy has obvious talents at coaching the offensive side of the football. You've been prattling on here and on the football forum over him in an unusually obsessive manner. I personally find it kind of fascinating. I mean I get why Denver fans are going to have a natural dislike of him, the guy came in and was an absolute train wreck of a head coach w/ roster control. Absolutely abysmal. But come on man, is it not time to just move on to the "I don't really care what that guy does, it doesn't concern me or my team" phase? Denver has seen a pretty good amount of success since he left, including a Super Bowl victory.

I mean, is he at least paying you rent for the space he clearly occupies in your head? :sarcasm:

(I'm merely joking here, but for real--he's a non-factor to the Broncos at this point, they've moved on and have had success)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad