OT: Other Sports 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Heard on the radio today that a gm said its almost a certainty that no top 100 prospects are going to be traded for rentals. Bryant return might severely dissappoint cubs fans.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Cubs org seems to want to get the salary down total wise as their primary goal. I assume Bryant will go somewhere for sure. Rizzo may just walk as well. Baez is having another meh year so he really doesn't have the value to teams that he does to Cubs fans. It is all on the Cubs to draft and develop. Going to be another 4-5 years before they will be trending up.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Heard on the radio today that a gm said its almost a certainty that no top 100 prospects are going to be traded for rentals. Bryant return might severely dissappoint cubs fans.

Really? I would think a team who wants to make a serious push would give him a pretty solid prospect for Bryant. Teams always overpay at the last minute.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
If the Cubs aren't getting a top 100 guy for Bryant then it's probably worth just holding onto him and then giving him a qualifying offer to recoup some assets that way. You could probably do the same for Rizzo and Baez but it's a bigger risk.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Overall it’s been a very impressive season so far for the White Sox, but looking forward to the 2nd half of the season there are 2 main areas I’d like to see the team improve on before the playoffs start:

-Record on the road
-Record vs teams .500 or better

Compared to all other contenders/teams in a current playoff position the Sox have inferior records in both those categories. We’ve beat up on bad teams and relied heavily on home cooking. Not that those are bad things…but still. Really would like to see us do better on the road and against other contenders/good teams.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Sox fans should care if we lose a game as a result of Lopez

Our bullpen has enough problems as is and thus far Hahn has done nothing to address it

Like I said, he's probably only getting used in a game they're being blown out of anyway.

If he pitches outside of garbage time, I'll be pissed, but as it stands you're making something out of nothing.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Sox need a 2b and a bp arm so bad. If leury is playin more than 7 innings a week, your team is f***ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad