Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Mr Fastball only Pedro Baez strikes again.

The Dodgers blowing the best record kinda sucks the life out of everything that only a World Series win would make me feel better.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Is it safe to say that this team is not legit until they prove otherwise? It is really hard to believe in this team right now. They look like a rebuilding team right now.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Is it safe to say that this team is not legit until they prove otherwise?.

Of course. They haven't shown they can win the games that matter most. The bullpen has no reliable arm. The starters are out of gas.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This has most disappointing season in Dodger history written all over it.
TwrqrSL.jpg

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Dodgers, Kings, and Rams win on the same day. If only the Kings game counted, this would've been better than sex...

...and I wound up at the Angel's game, where they could not complete the quad-fecta.

Man, they played like they just don't even want to look like they are interested in winning.

Ha - they were down 4-1 in maybe the 6th or 7th, with a man on first. - and they sent him to steal second. the throw from the Cleveland catcher wasn't even all that great, but the runner was out by a mile.

Why even try to steal a base when you're down by 3 late in the game?? you need base runners, not a guy on 2nd.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
...and I wound up at the Angel's game, where they could not complete the quad-fecta.

Man, they played like they just don't even want to look like they are interested in winning.

Ha - they were down 4-1 in maybe the 6th or 7th, with a man on first. - and they sent him to steal second. the throw from the Cleveland catcher wasn't even all that great, but the runner was out by a mile.

Why even try to steal a base when you're down by 3 late in the game?? you need base runners, not a guy on 2nd.

I like to call those types of bad decisions the "Mike Sciocia Specials"

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
3 of the 5 NL West clinchers have now been against SF. While they ha e the 3 WS titles, it is always nice to see the Dodgers celebrating anything in front of the Gnats.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Bellinger now holds the NL Rookie Homerun record. Neat!
Dodgers get 5th straight division title.. They will likely face Cubs/Brewers/Rockies/D'backs.
Right now it's looking like the Rockies/D'Bags.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Dodgers secured the NL.
They a couple wins away from breaking all-time wins for franchise.
Close to clinching best record in MLB.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
USC upset by Washington State. It's a beautiful day!!

And I turn on my radio today and some homers on 710 talking about how they are still a playoff contender and not to bury them after 1 tough road loss.

Did these guys not watch them basically watch them luckbox a win over Texas 2 weeks ago?

SC is not close to a top 10 team in the country this year, they haven’t been able to reload their NFL losses the way some others have. They really miss Jackson and Schuster.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Rams 3-1 just like last year
This feels different than last year. They may actually be good. Goff looks pretty legit and Fisher is gone.

Chargers are 0-4. Again today it seemed like the majority of the fans in attendance were there for the road team.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
This feels different than last year. They may actually be good. Goff looks pretty legit and Fisher is gone.

Chargers are 0-4. Again today it seemed like the majority of the fans in attendance were there for the road team.

I would wager it was 50-50 or 55-45 Chargers fans, might've seemed like more Eagles fans because of the noise difference. Admittedly nice as an Eagles fan to experience, but a bad look again at Stubhub.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Dodgers ended the season 8-2 in the last 10. Hopefully everyone here is feeling a little bit better than they were one month ago.

I'm glad they didn't completely blow it. But as a lifelong Dodger fan, I am in no way confident about the post-season, especially since they will be facing either the Rockies or the D'backs both of which won the season series against the Dodgers including recent series wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad