GDT: Other Games Around the League 2016-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
But, top pairing defenseman. :sarcasm:

(I think I've seen a thread like that on the side of HF where it says the latest threads.)

Zaitsev is also pretty overrated. It's incredible that the Leafs' D is so bad, but those two never ever ever get the blame. It's always Polak and Hunwick, even though they play only like a quarter of the game, or their favorite whipping boy Gardiner (when they aren't trying to use advanced stats to show he's a top-10 defenseman in the league).

Never Rielly or Zaitsev though.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I really like Connor Carrick. He reminds me a lot of Schlemko (and Brodzinski when he was in college).

He makes some mistakes, but he looks so smooth by the eye test and the stats test.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Isn't Florida like 4 points back of a wild card? They have to make the playoffs first.

They've had a really interesting year. Fire their coach, leave him at the curb in Carolina, and they are still in the playoff hunt.

As of today, they are in. And by the end of the year, I think they win that division.

Since they got Barkov and Huberdeau healthy, they've won 5 of 6 averaging 4 goals a game and just swept a 4-game road trip to Nash/SJ/ANA/LA

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
As of today, they are in. And by the end of the year, I think they win that division.

Since they got Barkov and Huberdeau healthy, they've won 5 of 6 averaging 4 goals a game and just swept a 4-game road trip to Nash/SJ/ANA/LA

Yeah, they are playing surprisingly well. Nice to get your stars back, something they didn't have at the beginning of the season.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I do think they will be a team to watch down the stretch. I don't think they'll win the division, but with Montreal in a free fall, you never know. I think the Bruins will end up winning the division.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
After how ever long, I think the East is finally stronger than the West. Now if only the East in the NBA can ever rise up so Lebron doesn't get a free pass to the finals every year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I had Laine at #1 before the draft. Ain't changing my mind.

(of course, I had PLD at 2 ahead of Matthews....so.....that's not looking great)

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I had Laine at #1 before the draft. Ain't changing my mind.

(of course, I had PLD at 2 ahead of Matthews....so.....that's not looking great)

Laine is doubtlessly better at goal scoring but I really struggle to understand what else he's better at. Matthews is on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad