Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXVI: Bull draft Portis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Speaking of Abreu, the Sox could get a king's ransom for him.

Good point. He's having a good, not great season but with that contract he could get the Sox a really good return. Not sure what system has the bats that they'd require in that deal though.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
They have to start drafting some bats, which they keep refusing to do. And even when they start doing that, they have to show they can actually develop those hitters. Hitters in the White Sox organization seem to regress or fizzle out at an alarmingly high rate.

I like Michalczewski. I think he can be an average 3B.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Good point. He's having a good, not great season but with that contract he could get the Sox a really good return. Not sure what system has the bats that they'd require in that deal though.

Red Sox, Rays (if Souza is on the table), Mariners, Rangers, Rockies, Phillies, Braves, Pirates, and Brewers might be able to get him. Obviously more than a few won't.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
IvsSAGY.gif

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If Texas called the Sox and put Mazara, Alfaro, and some of their young, high ceiling guys on the table for Abreu, they'd have to take that. Flip Sale to the BoSox for an obscene amount of OF and pitching talent and your rebuild is almost over.

They can fix their team with two guys if they have the balls.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
If Texas called the Sox and put Mazara, Alfaro, and some of their young, high ceiling guys on the table for Abreu, they'd have to take that. Flip Sale to the BoSox for an obscene amount of OF and pitching talent and your rebuild is almost over.

They can fix their team with two guys if they have the balls.

I don't want to trade Sale or Abreu- but trading Sale, Samardzija, Abreu, and Quintana would get a lot for a rebuild.

Use Boston/Chicago Cubs/Houston/Minnesota and you're set.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
@Ken_Rosenthal: Collapse of #Phillies obviously not Sandberg’s fault, but widespread feeling within industry is that he was overmatched as a manager.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The SABR convention is going on in town this weekend. Tomorrow is a White Sox player panel if anyone is interested in coming down and seeing it. Ron Kittle, Carlos May and someone else is on it.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Cubs on the verge of a third consecutive loss, blowing this one to the Cards. This team shows their young style way too often, which is why I still think they're a year away.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don't at all. Add another pitcher, maybe a pen pitcher too, and they're right there man. They're close, but too many blunders right now. Too in consistent, and having a year under their belt will help tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad