Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXVI: Bull draft Portis

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
He's sporting a sterling -0.7 fWAR right now.

He's been bad but I think Avi is going to be someone to build around with Abreu.... and that is it.

The rotation will be good into the future(especially once fulmer is up)- and the bullpen is good (still should trade Robertson, he's a hell of a closer and good teams don't need to spend money on the BP).

The defense is horrific, along with the historically bad offense. Everyone is having an awful season, like 40 to 50 points below average.

The rebuild could only take 2-3 years max if we hit on a couple of picks.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He's been bad but I think Avi is going to be someone to build around with Abreu.... and that is it.

I honestly have no idea what Avi Garcia has done that would make you think that. That K-BB rate with his lack of power is going to be awfully hard to over come

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Bryant just had flu-like symptoms, so no biggie there. With Castro not playing today already and Ross/Lester batting with a combined 1/100000000000 batting average, doubt they can overcome this 4 run deficit.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Hahn has already taken over and has proven to be a flop as GM

KW still has control supposedly.

However- the Sox really did add a bunch of quality guys this offseason and looked to be a good team... They can't control guys sucking in comparison to how they typically perform.

Difference is, KW would just keep on trying to build with a **** team like this.

If they blow it up somewhat- we know Hahn is in control into the future. I still think Hahn can be a good GM.

This team is awful

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
I honestly have no idea what Avi Garcia has done that would make you think that. That K-BB rate with his lack of power is going to be awfully hard to over come

I'd say with him its more of a gut feeling.

You're right- even with the big start. He was fluking with the BABIP earlier in the season.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

The rotation will be good into the future(especially once fulmer is up)- and the bullpen is good (still should trade Robertson, he's a hell of a closer and good teams don't need to spend money on the BP).

The defense is horrific, along with the historically bad offense. Everyone is having an awful season, like 40 to 50 points below average.

They have to start drafting some bats, which they keep refusing to do. And even when they start doing that, they have to show they can actually develop those hitters. Hitters in the White Sox organization seem to regress or fizzle out at an alarmingly high rate.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
Bryant just had flu-like symptoms, so no biggie there. With Castro not playing today already and Ross/Lester batting with a combined 1/100000000000 batting average, doubt they can overcome this 4 run deficit.

Yes they are having trouble scoring for sure right now. That 17 run game last week used up a lot of their hits.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
They have to start drafting some bats, which they keep refusing to do. And even when they start doing that, they have to show they can actually develop those hitters. Hitters in the White Sox organization seem to regress or fizzle out at an alarmingly high rate.

Spot on

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah another meh performance from Lester and no hitting. You know, for Ross having to catch Lester, it really hasn't made a damn difference. I think it's about time they do away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad