Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVII: Bulls draft Carter & Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Really enjoyed the women's gold medal game tonight. It was a ton of fun to watch in comparison to recent Hawks games, honestly. Lol. Congrats to Team USA. That's a really talented group of women. :clap::yo:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Oh they very much deserve gold especially after killing that BS penalty (You cant swallow whistle and then blow it for that)

Just hate when people especially sports writers/etc claim that Olympic hockey is best hockey

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh they very much deserve gold especially after killing that BS penalty (You cant swallow whistle and then blow it for that)

Just hate when people especially sports writers/etc claim that Olympic hockey is best hockey

That penalty was a disgusting call with a minute and a half left in OT of a gold medal game. Swallow whistles all through the 3rd and OT, to the point that Poulin didn't get what should have been a 5 minute major, and then call a soft ass battle for the puck call like that. It was terrible. I couldn't believe it. Would have been a huge controversy had Canada scored there and won, especially after the no-call on Poulin.

On another note, US men's curling team playing for gold after knocking off Canada this morning.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Leaving L.A. for Chicago? Yeah, ok,

With that said, if there was one player who could have handled playing in MJ's shadow and even succeed it would have been Kobe.

He literally said he was leaving to Chicago and they had a house picked out and everything.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He literally said he was leaving to Chicago and they had a house picked out and everything.
Kobe's former agent was Rob Pelinka (the current Lakers GM). Rob played at Michigan and grew up in Lake Forest. Allegedly, Kobe's wife gave the go ahead to move to Lake Forest and Paxson had the assets to make the trade. Unfortunately, Jerry Buss stepped over his GM, Kupchak, and blocked the trade. Instead, Buss pushed out Shaq due to his age and fitness concerns. Shaq was traded to the Heat and Kobe stayed with the Lakers.

A few years later, the media said Kobe again was interested in the Bulls via free agency. I know that was BS. Pelinka used the Bulls as leverage against the Lakers.

The rumors of the Kobe / Shaq beef started with one of them telling their wife that their husbands cheated. In turn, the wives started talking.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Forced a trade from the Hornets (now Pelicans) organization to L.A. Sat patiently behind Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel. Got to play with a HOF player in Shaq despite their love/hate relationship. Got to play for a HOF coach in Phil Jackson. Won 5 NBA titles. Eventually became the face of one of the most legendary franchises in the world. But yeah, he would drop all of that to move to Post-MJ Chicago Bulls and possibly play with Deng, Gordon and Hinrich.

"Yeah, ok" is still my answer.

I say it again, IMO, Kobe was NEVER leaving L.A. for Chicago. Just like MJ was never leaving Chicago for NY at the height of his prime. What Kobe says has to be taken as grain of salt. I appreciate Kobe being respectful to Chicago, but again, he was never coming to Chicago.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Team Canada gets upset big time right now. Down 1:4 to Germany and Brule with a disgusting Headshot to David Wolf.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Team Canada gets upset big time right now. Down 1:4 to Germany and Brule with a disgusting Headshot to David Wolf.
Third period about to start, I'm assuming? Just turned on the stream at work. It's going to be crazy to see both Canada and the US potentially not medal if they lose this game, though.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Third period about to start, I'm assuming? Just turned on the stream at work. It's going to be crazy to see both Canada and the US potentially not medal if they lose this game, though.
Should start in 2-5 minutes.

Not crazy if you think about it. Both NA teams are just a few players put together. The Euro teams play with more heart and they have more chemistry.

Last period should be fun, this game is far from over.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Should start in 2-5 minutes.

Not crazy if you think about it. Both NA teams are just a few players put together. The Euro teams play with more heart and they have more chemistry.

Last period should be fun, this game is far from over.

Yeah, I have the stream on, but couldn't tell if it was over, or the 2nd intermission. I know they're ragtag groups just thrown together in NA. But... it's still weird to see both possibly not getting a medal in the Olympics.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Canada not winning gold in curling or women's hockey was great, but the fact of the matter is that there are a load of fans that consider the men's hockey gold as the end all/be all for whether or not a nation was successful at the Olympics. With them being relegated to the bronze medal game, they won't even have that.

Schadenfreude.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Canada not winning gold in curling or women's hockey was great, but the fact of the matter is that there are a load of fans that consider the men's hockey gold as the end all/be all for whether or not a nation was successful at the Olympics. With them being relegated to the bronze medal game, they won't even have that.

Schadenfreude.

If this is the case they had a lot of really bad Olympics from 1952 until 2002.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh yeah, but I'm mostly talking about stuff you hear online, so for the fans on social media pumping their chests stuff prior to 2002 might as well be ancient history from their perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad