Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVII: Bulls draft Carter & Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Wow 6 at 126.... Actually like it. Hopefully he can find his final form .

Was it true that he tipped his pitches in WS?

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
wow, honestly didn't think this was coming....I like Darvish, but that is a lot of money to give him coming off injuries and decent years..

And word down here in Houston was that he was tipping his pitches big time in the WS. Whether he was or not, the Astros used him as target practice in the WS, so wasn't really impressed with him. Honestly I figured someone would sign him a lot earlier than this, but only LA was really that interested. Not sure he's the big ace everyone said he was at the trade deadline.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Lavine shot a ton last night because it was a statement game. Everyone deferred to Zach.

Been that way since he came back actually. Like I said, I'll reserve complete judgment once I see Dunn on the floor, but with the sample size they got before he went down, Lavine wasn't in the flow and was playing more iso ball. I can see why his b-ball IQ has been questioned in the past. Hopefully it's just him still learning the system and him wanting to shoot the kinks out in the early going.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
And word down here in Houston was that he was tipping his pitches big time in the WS. Whether he was or not, the Astros used him as target practice in the WS, so wasn't really impressed with him. Honestly I figured someone would sign him a lot earlier than this, but only LA was really that interested. Not sure he's the big ace everyone said he was at the trade deadline.

Fix the tipping of his pitches and he is "the big ace" people say he is. You don't strike out 11.0 per 9 unless you got GREAT stuff. Darvish working with Hickey should be great for Darvish's career.

Homer Bailey, Jonny Cueto and James Shields (sorry WS fans) ALL are making at or around 20 mill per. Cubs got Yu Darvish for 21m per. That is a bargain.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Definitely going to be interesting to see if Darvish can take things to the next level now that he is in the NL full time. What a contract, thought 125M over 5 would be great but this is just such a big discount. Darvish, Quintana and Chatwood are all players with a chance to have a career year in the coming seasons. Hendricks is always pretty steady, Lester is now your 4th or 5th starter. Cubs are going to win a ton of games this year.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Hendricks as a fourth starter in a rotation is a complete mis-match.

Maddons reliance on the bullpen is the only question the Cubs have. If the pen is upgraded then this Cubs team is scary. Of the Cubs decide on a six man rotation the Cubs get even scarier.

When the biggest worry is injury going into a season, your team is in good shape.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
That is insane that Sox pitchers coming up will have both Dave Duncan and Don Cooper to aid them in development. That's as good as it gets.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That is insane that Sox pitchers coming up will have both Dave Duncan and Don Cooper to aid them in development. That's as good as it gets.
wow, i never thought of that, that way. then it is a great pickup for the sox any way you look at it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
These cross country skiers look hilarious when they're pumping their arms and running uphill or whatever the proper term is.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He will probably cut a deal with Feds to give up his supplier to get less then a regular person

Rich athletes get cut absurd deals

Remember that original Sharper deal that Judge refused to accept cause he saw so little time in jail. Even the deal that ultimately was accepted was far less then he should have gotten

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m not saying this happened to him, but a ton of Mexican guys that I know here in Texas all left Mexico because back home they get threatened to run drugs across the border or pay a tax to the cartel just to live a normal life. If you don’t do either? They cut off fingers and toes and all sorts of stuff, just to regular citizens.

The guy made over 45 million in his career. Why would he do this. Maybe they threatened his family, or him.. or maybe he’s just an idiot.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I’m not saying this happened to him, but a ton of Mexican guys that I know here in Texas all left Mexico because back home they get threatened to run drugs across the border or pay a tax to the cartel just to live a normal life. If you don’t do either? They cut off fingers and toes and all sorts of stuff, just to regular citizens.

The guy made over 45 million in his career. Why would he do this. Maybe they threatened his family, or him.. or maybe he’s just an idiot.

Did he still have any of that $45 million? Honest question. Wouldn't be the first athlete to blow his money and wind up with nothing.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Did he still have any of that $45 million? Honest question. Wouldn't be the first athlete to blow his money and wind up with nothing.
You’re right. But he divorced his wife and she died in a plane crash so I doubt he paid her anything... plenty of ways to lose your money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad