Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVII: Bulls draft Carter & Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
now with Marlins may be looking to trade additional great players that the Marlins have on their roster. Christian Yelich their Cf'er..... last yr, he had only 1 error, with great plates stats...

Christian Yelich Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

now for my other point, basing on what the Marlins got as a rtn for Marcell Ozuna, the sox can build a great pkg around B. Rutherford plus second tier players.

Yelich is not a fa till 2023.... now if the sox also get Machado 3b-ss and extend him. wow, this can be a great core in the works of rebuilding.

i am a sox fan so i can dream.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Ok this makes me uncomfortable. If this is indeed the case, I hope the Sox back away. We can't be giving away some of our prized prospects only to watch him walk away after 1 season...or have to be flipped for 50 cents on the dollar at the trading deadline.

Reactions: LDF

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
now with Marlins may be looking to trade additional great players that the Marlins have on their roster. Christian Yelich their Cf'er..... last yr, he had only 1 error, with great plates stats...

Christian Yelich Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

now for my other point, basing on what the Marlins got as a rtn for Marcell Ozuna, the sox can build a great pkg around B. Rutherford plus second tier players.

Yelich is not a fa till 2023.... now if the sox also get Machado 3b-ss and extend him. wow, this can be a great core in the works of rebuilding.

i am a sox fan so i can dream.

I would rather give up a lot for Yelich than Machado, simply because of the control. I'd still try and do so without giving up our top 6 guys: Moncada, Giolito, Kopech, Hansen, Jimenez and Robert. The Sox can still offer a loaded package even if they don't offer up those 6 guys.

You could offer Lopez, Cease and Burger for Yelich.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Ok this makes me uncomfortable. If this is indeed the case, I hope the Sox back away. We can't be giving away some of our prized prospects only to watch him walk away after 1 season...or have to be flipped for 50 cents on the dollar at the trading deadline.

very true unless Hahn will give up a lesser prospects and give MM a QO next yr. gaining a draft pick in rtn.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I would rather give up a lot for Yelich than Machado, simply because of the control. I'd still try and do so without giving up our top 6 guys: Moncada, Giolito, Kopech, Hansen, Jimenez and Robert. The Sox can still offer a loaded package even if they don't offer up those 6 guys.

You could offer Lopez, Cease and Burger for Yelich.
even those players i would be very apprehensive in trading.....

Reactions: Sarava

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I have a feeling the Cardinals will be very good next year. If you add one more impact bat (like a Hosmer or Abreu), then their lineup is starting to look scary.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I have a feeling the Cardinals will be very good next year. If you add one more impact bat (like a Hosmer or Abreu), then their lineup is starting to look scary.
they will really need that to be competitive in that division.

but they really need to add to that rotation.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Apparently Tocci was flipped to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations. That reminds me of the Bulls selling their 2nd round pick to Golden State. Ok then...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah. There was rumbling that Arrieta might sign there. We'll see. You know Boras guys rarely sign early in the off-season.
yeah, but the problem is, Stl will need to pay any price to do any improvement. they are too far into this run for the playoff.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The Marlins traded Stanton and Ozuna and got 0 top 100 prospects. Thats amazing

Agreed, they really botched the whole process. Everyone knew they had new ownership that demanded they cut payroll yet they still put out a strong front like they had options. Cubs need to try to get something out of them while they are vulnerable. Try to get Yelich, offer Almora and some prospects.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Agreed, they really botched the whole process. Everyone knew they had new ownership that demanded they cut payroll yet they still put out a strong front like they had options. Cubs need to try to get something out of them while they are vulnerable. Try to get Yelich, offer Almora and some prospects.
ummm excuse me, but i was talking about sox dreams.... get with the program. :nod: :cool::cool:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
ummm excuse me, but i was talking about sox dreams.... get with the program. :nod: :cool::cool:

Yeah, I don’t know that it’s a good idea to trade Giolito and Kopech for Yankee prospects through Machado. Both guys had stellar years and are MLB ready. They Sox should hold onto their pitchers. They have the makings of a really good staff. The position players will come. If anything, dangle Rodon for a bat. Personally, I’d just keep the staff together and try to win with that as the strength.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah, I don’t know that it’s a good idea to trade Giolito and Kopech for Yankee prospects through Machado. Both guys had stellar years and are MLB ready. They Sox should hold onto their pitchers. They have the makings of a really good staff. The position players will come. If anything, dangle Rodon for a bat. Personally, I’d just keep the staff together and try to win with that as the strength.
totally agree. KCR in the rumor page is offering Duffy - lh sp as a start of a pkg. don't know if the sox can beat that, let alone for a 1 yr rental >>> pass.

Danny Duffy Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Machado is great, but i don't know how the Sox can make a move for him without being able to have an extension in place. Seems way way too risky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarava

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
My gut feeling here is the Sox won't really trade for him, but they maybe used this as an opportunity to make their interest crystal clear to Manny. And it's all legal now without tampering.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Cards should be better in 2017, but not better than the Cubs. Ozuna is a good player but is he the 25-80 guy he was pre-2017, or the 37/124 in 2017 with a healthy Stanton protecting him?

If the land Longoria/Colome from T.B., I'm not sure that improve them. Longoria is still solid at 32 but he's more name than production at this point. Colome is a young Fernando Rodney, in which he piles up saves but you need an antacid after the game. St. Louis should be better in 2017, but good enough to win the division? Not unless the Cubs suffer certain injuries.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not too worried about the Central. The Cubs got off to a ridiculously slow start and still won the division pretty handily. Be better than decent in the first half and kick butt in the second half again, and we should be just fine to at least get in the postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad