Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVI: Bulls Draft Lottery Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I'd still like someone to explain to me why La Stella isn't starting right now. Guys like Happ, Almora and LaStella should be starting in favor of Heyward, Schwarbs, et al. Schwarbs is terrible and Heyward is an easy out at the plate. Defense only matters if you can get a lead, which you can't do if you aren't scoring any runs.

Adios Cubbies. Get out the brooms.

Reactions: BrianE

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Roberts is taking Darvish out, Cubs players saying "thank you very much"

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I'd still like someone to explain to me why La Stella isn't starting right now. Guys like Happ, Almora and LaStella should be starting in favor of Heyward, Schwarbs, et al. Schwarbs is terrible and Heyward and Baez are easy outs at the plate. Defense only matters if you can get a lead, which you can't do if you aren't scoring any runs.

Adios Cubbies. Get out the brooms.

Sadly yes :(

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
Well still hoping for a miracle. But Cubs have played like they have most of the season. Lifeless. Defense bad. BP bad. Hitting bad. Lester bad. Arrieta bad. Quintana ok. Hendricks iffy. Winning the Nats series was sweet considering, but, Dodgers got Darvish and we got....Wilson

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Well still hoping for a miracle. But Cubs have played like they have most of the season. Lifeless. Defense bad. BP bad. Hitting bad. Lester bad. Arrieta bad. Quintana ok. Hendricks iffy. Winning the Nats series was sweet considering, but, Dodgers got Darvish and we got....Wilson

Some of these statements are true, but some are way off. We were the 2nd best team after the all star break. Lester was very good in the playoffs. You can't compare the Dodgers getting Darvish to us getting Wilson, you'd have to compare it to them getting a starter, and us getting Quintana. That's the more accurate comparison.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We're on pace for 4 runs in 27 innings for the Cubs. That's is extremely atypical for the Cubs, the team just hit an unfortunate sour patch at the wrong time. It happens in baseball sometimes, and it just so happened to take place at the worst time imaginable for the Cubs. Couple that with facing great pitching, and you have a case where a team is just too stuck in their own heads to break out of it. Wash it off in the offseason and report back next year, barring a miracle of miracles this series. Even with our anemic performance, our bats are not going to be a problem spot for me going forward.

Bigger question is what we're going to do pitching-wise this offseason, even though you can't pin this series so far on that.

Did you not pay attention to the Cubs after the All Star Break? This was the second hottest team in the League for the entire second half of the year. This is hardly the team we saw all year.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
We're on pace for 4 runs in 27 innings for the Cubs. That's is extremely atypical for the Cubs, the team just hit an unfortunate sour patch at the wrong time. It happens in baseball sometimes, and it just so happened to take place at the worst time imaginable for the Cubs. Couple that with facing great pitching, and you have a case where a team is just too stuck in their own heads to break out of it. Wash it off in the offseason and report back next year, barring a miracle of miracles this series. Even with our anemic performance, our bats are not going to be a problem spot for me going forward.

Bigger question is what we're going to do pitching0wise this offseason, even though you can't pin this series so far on that.

Did you not pay attention to the Cubs after the All Star Break? This was the second hottest team in the League for the entire second half of the year. This is hardly the team we saw all year.

Bingo for the bolded.

This is the Dodgers year. Would be cool to see Houston win it all but Altuve can't do it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad