Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LV: NLCS Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Dusty thinks he is some kind of mastermind genius. Cubs are going to eliminate the Nats tomorrow regardless of who Dusty pitches. Tomorrow Dusty will finally see a Cubs clincher at Wrigley.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
Markkanen torching the Cavs in his 2nd preseason game.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Hey, if they earned it, population doesn't matter. More impressive in fact.

It's absolutely unbelievable that they left countries like Croatia and Turkey behind them. After beating England to go into the quarter-finals in Euro 2016 they just keep delivering miracles. Finland will be rooting for Iceland come next summer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Soccer has suffered a major setback in US with this loss and it will take years for it to recover

At least we got a nice Dennis Green type rant from all this

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Foxsports just lost MILLIONS with the US missing out on the World Cup. That channel is in serious trouble.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Markkanen torching the Cavs in his 2nd preseason game.
Yes. This kid has some talent. Looks like the Bulls stepped into something good by luck. There were 7 blue chippers in this draft and the Bulls picked Markkanen by default. Dennis Smith might be good but he was extremely immature at NCST. It will be interesting how he develops.

Ironically, the top Finnish professional in Chicago might be on the Bulls.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So it seems like what happened is Strasburg threw his side session yesterday to get ready for game 5 so he can't start today. Dusty then blamed it on Strasburg being sick because "it's that time of year for mold in Chicago." However, he did acknowledge that because Strasburg threw the side session, he couldn't pitch again the next day.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
So it seems like what happened is Strasburg threw his side session yesterday to get ready for game 5 so he can't start today. Dusty then blamed it on Strasburg being sick because "it's that time of year for mold in Chicago." However, he did acknowledge that because Strasburg threw the side session, he couldn't pitch again the next day.

I thought I read that that turned out to be bs and that he threw his side session on Monday after all? One thing I saw mentioned is Strasburg is a creature of habit, and if he had his head and body tuned to start next on Thursday, maybe he didn't want that disrupted? If the Nats lose game 4, Strasburg might never hear the end of this story.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ryan Davis ✔@RyanQDavis
Dusty also stressed that Strasburg threw a bullpen today, which would've taken him out of starting tomorrow.
5:46 PM - Oct 10, 2017

I thought I read that that turned out to be bs and that he threw his side session on Monday after all? One thing I saw mentioned is Strasburg is a creature of habit, and if he had his head and body tuned to start next on Thursday, maybe he didn't want that disrupted? If the Nats lose game 4, Strasburg might never hear the end of this story.

In any event, you get the feeling Dusty wants everybody to be confused as to what happened and it's working, lol.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Bosio said he saw Strasburg throw his side session on Monday. I choose to believe him over Dusty. He sounded like he was telling the truth whereas it seems like Dusty lies about everything.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yes. This kid has some talent. Looks like the Bulls stepped into something good by luck. There were 7 blue chippers in this draft and the Bulls picked Markkanen by default. Dennis Smith might be good but he was extremely immature at NCST. It will be interesting how he develops.

Ironically, the top Finnish professional in Chicago might be on the Bulls.

Glad you've joined me on the Lauri Legend train.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
US missing the World Cup is the biggest sports embarrassment I can remember. Is there one bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad