OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Bandits are holding their own so far without Vinc, but they need to stop taking penalties. Getting absolutely killed by the Albany powerplay.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Hey holy crap they scored a goal. I thought they were gonna get shut out for the whole 2nd half.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Albany seems to have their number.
The Bandits just haven't been clicking all season so far. Got to take advantage of a couple of "easy" games against Vancouver and Saskatchewan the next two weeks if they still want to be in the playoff picture by the time Vinc is able to return.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
As this is a defacto NLL thread: Farewell NY Riptide, we hardly knew ye:
20221217_185312.jpg

They are moving to Ottawa next season, think the Coliseum is getting put out of it's misery in the not to distant future.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
As this is a defacto NLL thread: Farewell NY Riptide, we hardly knew ye:
View attachment 824981
They are moving to Ottawa next season, think the Coliseum is getting put out of it's misery in the not to distant future.

That's a shame. I really liked their color scheme and they looked like they were starting to build an exciting young team there. Hopefully they have better luck drawing fans in Ottawa.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
First round of the NCAA D3 Men's Basketball tournament at NYU:
20240301_191310.jpg

Tufts beat Stockton in a close one while NYU trounced Husson by 20 points. Game was close until the middle of the second half when Husson's leading scorer suffered an injury that took him out of the game and NYU just went on a tear. They face Tufts tomorrow for a spot in the D3 Sweet Sixteen.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The Bandits needed this and it's nice to see Connor coming back after offseason arm surgery kept him out.

Fun little tidbit that only I care about:

Bandits rookie D Zack Belter is the DC for the men's lacrosse team at SUNY Morrisville.

Connor's younger brother Kyle was a G on the SUNY Morrisville football team and a D on the SUNY Morrisville men's lacrosse team and graduated last year.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The Bandits have some assets to move. It will be interesting to see if they do make one. For Coach Belter's sake, I hope they don't add on D.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

The Bandits needed this and it's nice to see Connor coming back after offseason arm surgery kept him out.

Fun little tidbit that only I care about:

Bandits rookie D Zack Belter is the DC for the men's lacrosse team at SUNY Morrisville.

Connor's younger brother Kyle was a G on the SUNY Morrisville football team and a D on the SUNY Morrisville men's lacrosse team and graduated last year.

My sister graduated from SUNY Morrisville.

She sadly passed away suddenly a couple of weeks ago at the age of 51. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad