OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Five year deal? Excellent.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Five year deal? Excellent.

Josh had another big announcement yesterday, too.

It's too bad that Dhane was so down on the move.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Chainshot

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

Holy Chase Fraser!

I was at the game. It was my first road Bandits’ game. Yeah that goal was sick.

It wasn’t a bad drive up, with it starting 30 minutes earlier than home games and it being a quick exit from around the arena I got home maybe 20-30 minutes later than I do home games. I got to meet Ian MacKay’s dad as he was sitting near us. I was talking to my sister at her seats a little down from us and was in his seat when he came and goes “it’s ok, at least you have the right jersey on, that’s my son’s”. I will say though, what a stark difference between arenas. I know we play in an NHL arena but man what a difference in arenas. It was a good atmosphere though and the Rock fans in our area of the arena were cool and we had some playful banter. And there were tons of Bandits fans which was not surprising.

Attachments

• IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 1

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was at the game. It was my first road Bandits’ game. Yeah that goal was sick.

It wasn’t a bad drive up, with it starting 30 minutes earlier than home games and it being a quick exit from around the arena I got home maybe 20-30 minutes later than I do home games. I got to meet Ian MacKay’s dad as he was sitting near us. I was talking to my sister at her seats a little down from us and was in his seat when he came and goes “it’s ok, at least you have the right jersey on, that’s my son’s”. I will say though, what a stark difference between arenas. I know we play in an NHL arena but man what a difference in arenas. It was a good atmosphere though and the Rock fans in our area of the arena were cool and we had some playful banter. And there were tons of Bandits fans which was not surprising.

I've done a few trips up to see the Bandits play the Swarm and it's an not the madhouse it is in Buffalo. Aren't the Rock in the old Hershey Center while Hamilton renovates the old Copps Coliseum? As OHL rinks go, it's nice but it's only about 5000 seats or so.

Reactions: Mike McDermott

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I've done a few trips up to see the Bandits play the Swarm and it's a not the madhouse it is in Buffalo. Aren't the Rock in the old Hershey Center while Hamilton renovates the old Copps Coliseum? As OHL rinks go, it's nice but it's only about 5000 seats or so.
They are still at First Ontario Center (old Copps) for that season as the renovations got delayed. They were supposed to only be able to play their December home games there this season but it changed a month or two before the season if I recall the timeline of the change correctly. They’ll be in Mississauga next season at minimum but I don’t remember the arena name they’ll be at.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They are still at First Ontario Center (old Copps) for that season as the renovations got delayed. They were supposed to only be able to play their December home games there this season but it changed a month or two before the season if I recall the timeline of the change correctly. They’ll be in Mississauga next season at minimum but I don’t remember the arena name they’ll be at.

Mississauga was the Hershey Center. I will have to look up what they call it now.

Edit - "Paramount Fine Foods Centre Arena and Rinks" is certainly a mouthful. :laugh:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Mississauga was the Hershey Center. I will have to look up what they call it now.

Edit - "Paramount Fine Foods Centre Arena and Rinks" is certainly a mouthful. :laugh:

At least it’s not the former name of the Panthers rink. National Car Rental Center just made it seem like the companies headquarters. But that’s still a brutal name

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

This is why I love MacKay and got his jersey this year. He is often referred to as the team’s Swiss Army knife and with good reason. He is taking face off this year, playing defense, still starts the transition game with the best in the game, can play in the offense end and if you give him open floor, he is going to do this to you almost every time. He also isn’t afraid of the physical game, fights along the boards and I’ve actually seen guys back down when trying to start a scuffle when realizing it is him on the other end. I loved when he got a 3 year deal this offseason.

• Love
Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

This is why I love MacKay and got his jersey this year. He is often referred to as the team’s Swiss Army knife and with good reason. He is taking face off this year, playing defense, still starts the transition game with the best in the game, can play in the offense end and if you give him open floor, he is going to do this to you almost every time. He also isn’t afraid of the physical game, fights along the boards and I’ve actually seen guys back down when trying to start a scuffle when realizing it is him on the other end. I loved when he got a 3 year deal this offseason.

He and Fraser are my two favorites - both are hard to play against and will do what it takes to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad