Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Apparently the air conditioning leaked water in the stadium. Some of the images are lol wow. Apparently the county is saying that those are normal maintenance that the dbacks need to take care of. The dbacks are obviously stating it's the responsibility of the district.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...lb-move-stadium-conditions-repairs/527199001/

"...drawing complaints from fans who...had to sit in warm indoor temperatures..."

Oh the horror!

It's been done before.

2A1BCD3B00000578-3144381-Cooling_off_Spectators_fan_themselves_with_prettily_embroidered_-a-7_1435671444195.jpg

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Did the D-Backs get rid of the 50% off pizza deal with Papa John's? I've tried to do the pizza deal, because the D-Backs won, and can't do the deal.

Edit: Nevermind, my app was acting up. Please delete.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Second best team ERA in baseball. Bullpen making a difference on and off the field.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I've been using FSGo a lot to watch Diamondbacks games this year and it seems to be working much better than it did last season for the Coyotes. Hopefully that holds.

It's still way too far delayed though.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I loved Bradley's reaction last night. He was pumped, and he's right, that's a playoff type game. You're facing one of the best teams in baseball, fighting for a playoff spot, not to mention a team that a lot of people dislike. Glad they got the W, it's a tough stretch right now with the Dodgers, Cubs(who have been reeling), and the Astros. Win last night with brewers and rockies losing was huge. Cardinals are hanging in there, winning 4 straight. This stretch will kind of give us a good indication of where we stand. We could be reeling and fighting for a spot, or sitting pretty good with 4-5 games ahead of the next team. I'd like to see us get through this .500 and up 4-5 games if we can, that in itself is a victory against this tough stretch in my eyes.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Second game in a week in which Lovullo left the starter in too long, and it cost them another game.

Grienke had less than 100 pitches, but you could see him going long in the count and missing targets in the 7th. Letting him pitch to the hitter who tied it was excusable, but leaving him in to pitch to Puig, who put the Dodgers ahead for good, was inexcusable. This team has a decent bullpen. Use them!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I stand corrected, he's pitching bullpen sessions. But again, I still feel he's a long ways away from being back.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...cks-zack-greinke-dodgers-alex-wood/550300001/

I loved the fight in the Dodgers series. We didn't quit, and we gave the Dodgers what we could. I gotta support Lovullo, he stands with his get me 21 outs mantra. You can think back in hindsight he should have pulled Grienke, but at the same time, you want to believe the pitcher is going to be able to figure it out and get that last inning done. He probably should have taken him out, given what was going on that inning, but he's also our ace. You gotta have faith in your ace as well. It's a tough game to manage, that's for sure, and I don't envy him for having to figure that out.

Next 6 games are huge, all playoff teams(contenders). Cubs are hurting right now and reeling, so could be a good time to catch them. Cardinals are streaking, and are only 5.5 back. Dbacks have to string some wins together. Going to be a fun stretch to see if we make the playoffs, that's for sure. Hopefully that great start we had holds strong.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
They are spiraling out of control. A week from now and they could find themselves on the outside looking in!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Wins/losses in preseason are meaningless. All about injuries, and who performs well enough to make the cut.

Dbacks bats broke out this inning, love it. Corbin dealing right now, keep it going. Brewers are tied, Rockies are losing, Cardinals are winning. Gotta win to keep the pace.

Still lots of baseball left, but with the crazy lead in the wild card the Rockies/Dbacks had, how crazy would it be if both faltered enough down the stretch to see the Cardinals/Brewers/Cubs overtake BOTH of them.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Chris Hermann needs to gtfo

However bad our favorite Coyotes broadcasters were with all the excessive tire pumping of the usual suspects, the Diamondbacks crew is so much worse. I swear if you just read a transcript you'd think Chris Herrmann is Buster Posey.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Dbacks will have nobody to blame but themselves if they fail to make the playoffs. They're not even trying.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This team would be in huge trouble (well even more) without Martinez hitting homers. Another one tonight. Over 162 he's hitting them at a 55HR pace right now :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad