OT: Those Flames have a very classy team

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
A thread title can also be used to pique the interest of potential readers ;)

But I do not believe Calgary has a classy team - I believe Regehr should be banned from the NHL.......

I came so close to destroying this thread due to the title.............. Just for the record..........

theoil

Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
I'll reserve judgement about a Nucks team losing 7-1 on home ice.

Aw come on, it deserves to be commented on imo. I didn't see the game - stuck out of the country - but 7-1 speaks of a lack of heart. I don't know exactly what is wrong out there on the coast but it doesn't look good on them.

I've never been a fan of Nonis' and although he has been gone for awhile now I am not at all above mentioning that Burke did not leave that team in very good shape.

Of course, this post really just goes to show that you are a lot classier than me, Replacement. :D

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
And congrats to the Canucks for laying a stinkbomb in front of their fans in the home and season finale. Well done cho.. err, boys! :clap:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Aw come on, it deserves to be commented on imo. I didn't see the game - stuck out of the country - but 7-1 speaks of a lack of heart. I don't know exactly what is wrong out there on the coast but it doesn't look good on them.

I've never been a fan of Nonis' and although he has been gone for awhile now I am not at all above mentioning that Burke did not leave that team in very good shape.

Of course, this post really just goes to show that you are a lot classier than me, Replacement. :D
Only on this evening kind sir.
Nucks have hit rockbottom and crashing right through that supposed barrier to unknown depths enough.. without me commenting on it at length and for example about the hopeless portent of what it all means like for instance a lack of beating heart..and that even retiring and..

carry on;)

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
Hence the irony in the title which will pique the interest of readers, such as yourself ;)

I asked you nicely.............. :shakehead

Regehr tried to snap Hemsky's neck in two different games - check the links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZi79o_OyI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUiDDXfwhw

Regehr should have been suspended for 20 games the first time he tried to snap Hemsky's neck............ He should have been suspended for the season for the 2nd attempt........

I am not talking about "old time hockey" where men face off against each other - where a great bodycheck might dislocate a shoulder or break a wrist......... I am talking about a deliberate attempt to cripple a player who who has almost no opportunity to defend themselves...

A comparable is Bertuzzi's punch from behind to Moore's head - worthy of a 10 game suspension... But the 2nd part where he drove Moore's head to the ice was a "very successful" attempt to ruin a player's career... Bertuzzi should have been banned from the NHL for life........

"Classy" will be me cheering the day they carry Regehr off the ice on a stretcher... Since you describe Calgary as having a "very classy team"... :shakehead

Heavy Fuel

I thought Linden was retired years ago...thanks for the update...
...and an avatar crying about other fan's crying, is either really funny by you, or about you...but I wonder if you are clever enough to know which...
btw, Iginla & Linden are both class acts.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
#3 you shouldn't post on this board with that avatar, you come across as a troll.

i thought he was just making an example of how much of whiners some of you are about celebrating the game of hockey.

im not a fan of the Flames or Linden AT ALL (just no interest) and i even thought it was cool watching it. as long as the topic, in the hockey world, doesnt center around the Flames and Iginla taking the spotlight from celebrating Linden, im fine with it. the main focus should be on Linden and secondary focus on the class of the Flames.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I asked you nicely.............. :shakehead

Regehr tried to snap Hemsky's neck in two different games - check the links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZi79o_OyI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUiDDXfwhw

Regehr should have been suspended for 20 games the first time he tried to snap Hemsky's neck............ He should have been suspended for the season for the 2nd attempt........

I am not talking about "old time hockey" where men face off against each other - where a great bodycheck might dislocate a shoulder or break a wrist......... I am talking about a deliberate attempt to cripple a player who who has almost no opportunity to defend themselves...

A comparable is Bertuzzi's punch from behind to Moore's head - worthy of a 10 game suspension... But the 2nd part where he drove Moore's head to the ice was a "very successful" attempt to ruin a player's career... Bertuzzi should have been banned from the NHL for life........

"Classy" will be me cheering the day they carry Regehr off the ice on a stretcher... Since you describe Calgary as having a "very classy team"... :shakehead
Go look up "irony" then reread my post you quoted.

i thought he was just making an example of how much of whiners some of you are about celebrating the game of hockey.
Some get it, some don't I guess. At least you understand it.

im not a fan of the Flames or Linden AT ALL (just no interest) and i even thought it was cool watching it. as long as the topic, in the hockey world, doesnt center around the Flames and Iginla taking the spotlight from celebrating Linden, im fine with it. the main focus should be on Linden and secondary focus on the class of the Flames.
That's why I made this thread. I was watching HNIC, Linden was hugging his teammates, then in the corner of the screen you can see Iginla get the flames to line up to shake Linden's hand. That was a classy move and deserves a lot of respect. Of course, Linden retiring was a given so why should I make a thread "Linden is retiring!!!!!" and then have a small excerpt say something along the lines of "those dirty dirty Calgary Flames decided not to be jerks for once and shake Linden's hand."

The Flames deserve nothing but a prompt exit from the playoffs.
Agreed.

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
Thanks for contributing to the discussion.
Maybe you should repeat your points again for the 4th or 5th time -- and I'm not talking about the board choking and multi-posting. You've been repeating yourself ad nauseum since you started this useless thread.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Maybe you should repeat your points again for the 4th or 5th time -- and I'm not talking about the board choking and multi-posting. You've been repeating yourself ad nauseum since you started this useless thread.
Maybe you should just ignore the thread if it's bunching up your panties that bad.

420ilerBuzz*

The only mark on his career is his association with Saskins.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
I was wondering if the Nucks would go out with any dignity but to see Luongo at his Florida best getting pulled and losing 7-1 I realized that they never had any dignity to begin with. Iggy felt bad because Linden's team and the nuck organization didn't show him any respect or give him the dignity he deserved. So after the embarrassment to the entire nuck fan base, organization and linden himself they decided to give him a shred of dignity by shaking his hand after the loss. Grats Iggy. Giving Linden what amounts to a courtesy shake reserved for a playoff series ending should remind Linden of what he remembers best about being in the nuck organization: Losing.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I've thought the world of Linden his entire career, I love him as a player. If this is it for him, there are officially no Canucks left that I actually like. Linden has contributed a lot to hockey. This may have been a classy gesture (and well deserved by a player who is the epitome of class), but I think any team would have done the same.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
Iginla is classy thats about it, anyone remember when they lost out to Detroit last year. McLennan slashing Franzen, Langkow trying to draw a penalty by rolling around on the ice and then getting up and spearing someone

Heist

Oct 12, 2007
Edmonton
Iginla saved what was an lackluster and devoid of heart performance by the Canucks.

Where were the Sedin sisters when it really counted?

I was more troubled with Luongo's comments on the game. I know he's heartbroken but it's the last home game, don't devalue your fans like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad