Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
As I've said before. Missing the playoffs, and probably missing them a couple times, it is what it's going to take to get any movement in the org. And it won't even be a landslide when it happens either. Prolonged absolute failure is the only way you get sweeping change.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Making progress??? They are continuing to get bounced in the first round and doing so in fewer and fewer games!! That's literally the opposite of progress
I love that they also compared it to a team losing in the Conference Finals. One that, if you believe the rumors, is willing to let the very coach who has gotten them there leave if he doesn't do better.

But sure, "we almost had 'em in a first round series we couldn't score a powerplay goal in" sure does feel good to say if you're not paying attention.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Toughest moments as a Kings the last ten years for me are:

- Voynov arrest since it made winning another Cup not seem possible
- The day they fired DL and Bluc took over.
- Today.

Today might actually be worse than the day Bluc took over because we've seen the f***ing results already.

We're f***ed. The country club atmosphere that DL worked so hard to get rid of is what this organization is all about: again.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

I bet you he didn't even acknowledge the difference between conference FINAL......you know, the 3rd round......vs...the 1st semi-final-final.....

if i'm hiller holy shit it's taking every ounce i have not to blow up at a comment like that

surely between the lines there, blake means "put him on the top line"

If you are Hiller, do you WANT to come back?

Reactions: Statto

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Toughest moments as a Kings the last three years for me are:

- Today.

Today might actually be worse than the day Bluc took over because we've seen the f***ing results already.

We're f***ed. The country club atmosphere that DL worked so hard to get rid of is what this organization is all about: again.
and this is the kind of rot that will fester because who the hell is gonna cut it out? beckerman ain't gonna be the guy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
be honest, there’s no way you guys didn’t notice that McDavid stopped trying after game 3. The kings were more outmatched this year than last year and the divide is only getting bigger. It says a lot about what the oilers thought of the Kings when McDavid stopped trying and knoblauch started resting McDavid. This series was never in the Kings reach.

Imagine being so f***ing outclassed that McDavid is resting during the playoffs

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
You guys must have some really good drugs down in Cali. Blake thought they were close to Edmonton? The only time they got close was in the handshake line.

So we did worse in the regular season, worse in he playoffs, got less picks then ever, no top end prospects other then Clarke, have 12 players signed for next year, no goalies and have acquired a 4.5 mil cap hit on non roster players before starting the season. They have alienated fans, and offered little to even give us hope.

What is better?

Fire Luc now. He is the string puller. Blake is the brain dead zombie acting as the mouth puppet.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I have to admit I'm baffled. I was certain Blake would get the boot with the way the season played out and for how it ended. Not to mention the PLD debacle.

Not only are they staying, they think we're making progress? The only progress we're making is the off season comes progressively faster every year.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
be honest, there’s no way you guys didn’t notice that McDavid stopped trying after game 3. The kings were more outmatched this year than last year and the divide is only getting bigger. It says a lot about what the oilers thought of the Kings when McDavid stopped trying and knoblauch started resting McDavid. This series was never in the Kings reach.

Imagine being so f***ing outclassed that McDavid is resting during the playoffs
We basically never saw the McDrai fusion like in previous years when the Oilers got pressured by the Kings. Just the usual combo on the powerplay.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Horrible press conference. The day these hacks are shit canned is the day to have a modicum of hope. Anyone who excuses their incompetence is part of the problem.

Reactions: David Lunch
Jun 30, 2006
Toughest moments as a Kings the last three years for me are:

- Today.

The toughest thing for me is the fact there’s no plan. What made DL bearable from 2006-2011 was the interviews and hammering home the organizational plan when it comes to everything and every move he made. It wasn’t all perfect but you could understand the moves that were made. Felt good to see hockey ops become a well oiled machine when it came to contracts, cap, drafting, trades, free agency. DL was pretty clear eyed on things and had a very good idea what his roster was going to look like years out.

This current regime is just making moves on the fly, nothing makes sense. I knew they had no clue what they were doing when they drafted centers with premium picks and signed Danault. Moving Byfield to the wings, signing PLD, signing Cal Peterson to a large contract, trading Quick, bargain hunting for goalie replacements etc.

None of it makes any sense. I have no doubt DL spent 80 hours a week obsessing over his roster, scouting other teams players, where does each guy fit, how much is his cap hit etc. Feels like the current regime treats this like a hobby, they’ll look at it when it suits them, but more focused on attending their wives cocktail parties etc.

I have zero respect for these clowns. It’s not a serious organization anymore, that went out the door with DL and Sutter.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Saying they were "right there" with the Oilers this year is hilarious. Two games (i.e., half of Edmonton's wins in the series and double the amount of wins the Kings had in the series) were massive blowouts in Edmonton's favor! That's not "right there."
I really take issue with this comment from Luc. They were by no means "right there" except for maybe 2 games, and even that is being generous. They absolutely got railroaded again by the Oiler's PP and McDrai had carte blanche to do whatever the f*** they wanted. This team is just not it right now and it will take some major losing before anything changes. Country club mentality with a loser mindset.

Also, I want to know why it appears we have 2 GM's right now. There should really only be one guy and his complete vision. Too many cooks in the kitchen right now. And, this franchise going f***ing nowhere with Bergevin anywhere near the front office. Jettison that guy immediately.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Saying they were "right there" with the Oilers this year is hilarious. Two games (i.e., half of Edmonton's wins in the series and double the amount of wins the Kings had in the series) were massive blowouts in Edmonton's favor! That's not "right there."
I GUARANTEE you that they have some clowns in analytics telling them that they were "right there".

They lost for the exact same reasons three years in a row.

Reactions: David Lunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad