OT: The Walking Dead

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I didn't get what the fuss was about with Carl shooting that kid, he told him to put his gun down and he kept creeping closer to him, the kid was making a play to take Carl's gun from him.

I think they just did the scene poorly.

The guy didn't look scared enough to make it believable that he was genuinely giving the gun to Carl. They should have had him hesitate for a second, then start to drop it, and then Carl kills him as he's about to drop it.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Thanks for the SOA spoilers! :cry:

Really? I feel bad :laugh:

This is old news. If it makes you feel better, I bet next season will start with the situation being almost completely resolved. At least you don't know what leads to her being arrested.

Seriously though. Sorry.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Not quite sure what they are going to do with a prison full of old people/children at this point. Where do you go from here? I was hoping they would move on. Ah well, I guess we'll find out next season.

I have a feeling due to resources available to them, they are probably going to mix a couple of different arcs from the comics. I think they want to keep the filming in Georgia and will move much of the things from other regions into the storyline at the prison.

And I don't think they have actually been at the prison for THAT long. It seems like maybe they have been there 2 or 3 months. In the books the storyline that they just went through basically lasts a year +

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I was wondering when the heck the premier of the Walking Dead season 4 was. I came across this ComicCon 2013 trailer in my travels. Still didn't find when the premier date is, but this trailer looks pretty Sam Gagner good.

As a matter of fact, it looks so Sam Gagner good, that I thought I'd share it with those of you who give a Sam Gagner about it. :D

BU4-w0zCAAAI75H.jpg

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/comic-con-trailer-the-walking-dead-season-4

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA

Sloth Slothersons*

Season 3 really dragged on and ended on a sour note. Lots of filler episodes. Hopefully Season 4 is more consistent.

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
Is there a reason why this thread is dead? I am surprise no one expressed their opinion on the mid season finale.

I was shocked and can't wait until February. It's a new adventure once again.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Is there a reason why this thread is dead? I am surprise no one expressed their opinion on the mid season finale.

I was shocked and can't wait until February. It's a new adventure once again.

Yeeeah! I was getting a bit tired of the jail just as I did with the farm, always fun having a change on that show. I wonder if the baby is dead or not??

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
When it showed the two little girls saving Tyreese with those headshots sent a chill through me. That was a powerful scene.

Sloth Slothersons*

The mid-season finale should have happened at last season's finale.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I find it amusing that the characters in the apocalypse are always looking for a safe refuge to live in, while we the audience, always want them fighting for their lives instead.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
if they had brains and the means... they would go find an island ... clear it out and live without fear.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
if they had brains and the means... they would go find an island ... clear it out and live without fear.

If the writers have any brains, they would avoid that plot twist. :D

But you are right - in the real world. But in the real world we wouldn't have a zombie apocalypse.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If the writers have any brains, they would avoid that plot twist. :D

But you are right - in the real world. But in the real world we wouldn't have a zombie apocalypse.

There's many reasons why an island isn't necessarily the paradise refuge. Namely food and water. Is there a fresh water source on the island? Is there enough for food? There's probably not much materials, food, or items to scavenge.

A Robinson Crusoe lifestyle is possible but if you've read the book, its not easy and he had a lot of luck with him.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
There's many reasons why an island isn't necessarily the paradise refuge. Namely food and water. Is there a fresh water source on the island? Is there enough for food? There's probably not much materials, food, or items to scavenge.

A Robinson Crusoe lifestyle is possible but if you've read the book, its not easy and he had a lot of luck with him.

Not to mention, if someone dies without people realizing, all of a sudden you're trapped on an island with a potential zombie outbreak.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Funny, when I had first heard of this show I wrote it off as zombie bs I wouldn't like. My cousin convinced me to give it a shot and I got hooked. Got caught up right before the mid-season finale, one of my favorite shows.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
When it showed the two little girls saving Tyreese with those headshots sent a chill through me. That was a powerful scene.
Yup. Kinda knew that was going to happen based on the kids conversations earlier, but beautiful timing.

I think it also sets things up for Carol to come back to the group. Maybe Tyreese and the kids run into Carol. Maybe she helps them. Pretty hard for Tyreese to carry on a vendetta against Carol if her actions have saved him twice.

It also shows that everyone was wrong to discourage Carol from teaching the youngest how to defend themselves. In a zombie apocalypse everyone with the strength to pull a trigger should be armed. Seems pretty obvious.

Funny, when I had first heard of this show I wrote it off as zombie bs I wouldn't like.
Same, Now I'm outraged that I have to wait till February to find out what happened.
At least Michonne is still alive ... :nod:

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
That was an awesome episode, one of the series' best. If the writers can maintain a decent level of consistency then it could go from really good to great.

Until it does though, it's going to remain a show that I like, but don't quite love. In my eyes, it's behind the likes of:

Breaking Bad (my favorite at this point)
Boardwalk Empire
Justified
Mad Men

Also watched Dexter, Game of Thrones, and currently working on Deadwood and Homeland.

What are your guys' favorite tv dramas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad