OT: The Walking Dead

stony

Feb 15, 2007
woah, just checked out a trailer for it. What channel is it on up here?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Apparently it's very true to the Graphic Novel, which in itself is very good.

yeah its supposedly staying very true to the comic (and the comic is the best graphic i've probably ever read)... the 1st episode was about 85% "comic material" and 15% "TV extras", so pretty good so far.... the episode itself was simply wonderful, but what else would you expect from AMC?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Great pilot episode. Boardwalk empire has competition for best new show this year.

By the way there is a thread on this show in the entertainment section, might be better suited for there, but whatever.

If the thread continues I hope that people will remember that many have not read the graphic novel so if you are going to discuss what happens in the comic than do so in spoiler tags ( [spoil]Put spoiler here[*/spoil] without the star)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Great pilot episode. Boardwalk empire has competition for best new show this year.

By the way there is a thread on this show in the entertainment section, might be better suited for there, but whatever.

If the thread continues I hope that people will remember that many have not read the graphic novel so if you are going to discuss what happens in the comic than do so in spoiler tags ( [spoil]Put spoiler here[*/spoil] without the star)
Boardwalk Empire imo is nothing at all. Far inferior to the Sopranos or many mafioso movies, series that have been done much better before.
Its an overdone genre and really you could only be impressed with this if you hadn't been exposed to the Godfather and everything since for several decades.

Theres lots of promise in teh Atlantic boardwalk story and history but the resultant series sucks. Its maybe doing well in the face of really ordinary TV these days.

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008
Boardwalk Empire imo is nothing at all. Far inferior to the Sopranos or many mafioso movies, series that have been done much better before.
Its an overdone genre and really you could only be impressed with this if you hadn't been exposed to the Godfather and everything since for several decades.

Theres lots of promise in teh Atlantic boardwalk story and history but the resultant series sucks. Its maybe doing well in the face of really ordinary TV these days.

Wow, didnt think id find someone who thought the same as me on Boardwalk. I cant seem to get into it even though I love Steve Buscemi (sp?)

McQuixote

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton, AB
yeah its supposedly staying very true to the comic (and the comic is the best graphic i've probably ever read)... the 1st episode was about 85% "comic material" and 15% "TV extras", so pretty good so far.... the episode itself was simply wonderful, but what else would you expect from AMC?

I hope it deviates eventually. I'd like a fresh experience. Also, I'm not all that impressed by the direction the comic went and think they could do better. Sort of like DEXTER. They took a cool novel and premise and then ran in their own direction making something that I think is even better than the source.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Suffice to say, I disagree. I haven't seen last weeks episode or the one this week, but I've been impressed with what I've seen so far. Now it's no Wire, but nothing is. As for the Sopranos, I've seen a few episodes here and there but I was never able to get into it. I'll probably try again at some point but I was never impressed with what I did see.

But, this thread is about Walking Dead, so perhaps I shouldn't be going so off topic haha.

I can't get AMC up here, but I'm a big fan of the comic series. Looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Thats what torrents are for (or there are a number of websites that you could just watch it right off the net in really good quality.)

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
mas o menos, yo pienso.

also, Boardwalk Empire crushes, it's constructed like The Wire, my favourite show of all time. Methodically unfolds, won't be till at least season 2 when the show really takes that next step. Production and writing is top notch.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hope it deviates eventually. I'd like a fresh experience. Also, I'm not all that impressed by the direction the comic went and think they could do better. Sort of like DEXTER. They took a cool novel and premise and then ran in their own direction making something that I think is even better than the source.

really? you don't like the direction the comic went? you're literally the 1st person i know who isn't in love with it, lol.... everybody to their own i guess :) i personally *love* the comic, it progressed very closely to how i imagine things would progress (if such a thing actually happened)... i hope they stay as close to the comic as possible

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Zombies are hard to make satisfying endings for anyway.

"Everyone dies" is about it.

Oct 15, 2008
Zombies are scary in large groups or in confined spaces. Find yourself a good water and food supply in the middle of nowhere and you are golden. Going to a big city is just asking for trouble. Zombie trouble.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Zombies are scary in large groups or in confined spaces. Find yourself a good water and food supply in the middle of nowhere and you are golden. Going to a big city is just asking for trouble. Zombie trouble.
:lol:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad