OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Rogue one was weird to me.

Weird in that lots of people loved it, but I found it completely boring. The leads were just straight up copies from the originals, and the only interesting character is used as comic relief (blind jedi monk).

It was the first of the obvious cash grabs in my opinion, as a completely unnecessary movie. The only thing that "saved" it was the admittedly amazing Vader scene at the end. Otherwise it was just a complete ugh from me.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Watched Solo yesterday. It was OK - not the best Star Wars, not the worst. Donald Glover was perfect as Lando, and Chewie was awesome. Alden Ehrenreich was OK as Han. Some terrific action/adventure sequences, but some of the new characters failed to inspire.
Weird....I thought he (Ehrenreich) would've been easily awful in the role & drag that movie to "Attack of the Clones" levels. Instead, he's probably one of the few good things (if not the only good thing) about the movie. Not a trash movie but kind of meh. I compare it to the Eriksson of Star Wars movies. Louie isn't a terrible player - he's just "there" many nights if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Rogue one was weird to me.

Weird in that lots of people loved it, but I found it completely boring. The leads were just straight up copies from the originals, and the only interesting character is used as comic relief (blind jedi monk).

It was the first of the obvious cash grabs in my opinion, as a completely unnecessary movie. The only thing that "saved" it was the admittedly amazing Vader scene at the end. Otherwise it was just a complete ugh from me.

It was a Star Wars version of Seven Samurai, not an original breath to it

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
the people on bumble are too serious, clingy and desperate for my liking.

vancouver is just abysmal for this kind of shit and i've gotten more (and better) matches in the 3 or so collective weeks i've spent in philly, portland, dc and seattle than i have in van.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
So have we all had our fill on Marvel Comic Super Hero movies or should they just keep that train a rolling? One after the other, one after the other, same plot template different super hero.

I can’t stand them, they are for the millenials. I’m in that Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri movie category now. Getting old I gather

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
So have we all had our fill on Marvel Comic Super Hero movies or should they just keep that train a rolling? One after the other, one after the other, same plot template different super hero.

I can’t stand them, they are for the millenials. I’m in that Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri movie category now. Getting old I gather

I’m the target market for these movies 31 tons of nostalgia baked in. But yes I’m getting burnt out.

Some are better than others. The guardians movies and black panther stand out to me over the rest (for different reasons). Deadpool which isn’t really comparable also stands out.

After infinity war part 2 they definitely need to change up the formula (though they won’t because hey all make a billion dollars).

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
ChefBoiRD: Is that you Sekeres?

If it was so easy with a standardized plot template why has DC bombed? Why have other connected universes (monster universe) fallen flat on their face? For me it will be hard to get superhero fatigue if they keep making their films in different styles (Winter Solider, GOTG, Black Panther, Spider-Man...etc) because that's what makes them unique in a shared universe

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
the people on bumble are too serious, clingy and desperate for my liking.

vancouver is just abysmal for this kind of **** and i've gotten more (and better) matches in the 3 or so collective weeks i've spent in philly, portland, dc and seattle than i have in van.
Girls on bumble are better looking on average but higher standards, but I dont know about desparate or clingy comparatively.

Any time you’re in a new place you get a huge upsurge in matches as opposed to where you live.

Anyways both apps are lame and not particularly good for meeting interesting people, if that’s not what you’re looking for it might suffice

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Speaking of Solo, its opening weekend wasn't that great. $83M domestic gross and $65M international on a movie with a $250-300M budget. Deadpool 2 made $125M domestic and $176M international last weekend with a $110M budget.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Speaking of Solo, its opening weekend wasn't that great. $83M domestic gross and $65M international on a movie with a $250-300M budget. Deadpool 2 made $125M domestic and $176M international last weekend with a $110M budget.
Deadpool 2 was also R rated (as was the original) - making those numbers even more impressive compared to Solo.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Maybe Disney will learn they have to put actual effort into these movies.

The thing with movie like Solo is casuals don’t come out in force and hardcores already have Hans back story ans adventures in their head so they will be disappointed.

It’s why rogue one worked it told the story of people no one knew or had pre conceived ideas about.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

It's weekend run isn't over as this is a US holiday if I am not mistaken. They were counting to make about the same but over the 3 days, so it has one more day to get 50 mil which still seems hard...

All information is from Charting with Dan!

Edit... oops I was talking about Deadpool

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
snapchat has a very specific purpose. that im thankful for.

otherwise it's a bunch of 20 year olds putting bong hits on their story to show off how cool they are.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
snapchat has a very specific purpose. that im thankful for.

otherwise it's a bunch of 20 year olds putting bong hits on their story to show off how cool they are.
Wait I thought that was really the only purpose?

You talking dickpics?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
00z0z_90W6NdOcDj4_600x450.jpg

Anyone have one of these jerseys that they'd wanna sell? Medium only. Can't find one.

I think they look neat.

Or one of the 40th anniversary jerseys.

Don't want anything with obscure players who were never relevant. And no fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad