OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
That reminds me... I was just thinking a couple of days ago about that Van mowing people down in Toronto and how in recent years that has started becoming a more common way of executing a terrorist attack.

Maybe this is too simple of a band-aid solution but what if all rental vehicles, which they almost always seem to be, were regulated to have air-bags., After the first victim was struck couldn't an air-bag be deployed automatically cutting power to the engine... at least saving a second, third, fourth... victim? Would the impact of a body be enough to trigger an air-bag? Could the sensitivity be adjusted?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
This seems a bit...weird...but the American embassy website just announced a security alert for Americans living in Canada.

Security Alert - U. S. Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada (May 11, 2018) | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Canada

Probably an american was attacked on Canadian Soil. Probably not actually a big deal, but just a warning while they investigate. Could be wrong.

That reminds me... I was just thinking a couple of days ago about that Van mowing people down in Toronto and how in recent years that has started becoming a more common way of executing a terrorist attack.

Maybe this is too simple of a band-aid solution but what if all rental vehicles, which they almost always seem to be, were regulated to have air-bags., After the first victim was struck couldn't an air-bag be deployed automatically cutting power to the engine... at least saving a second, third, fourth... victim? Would the impact of a body be enough to trigger an air-bag? Could the sensitivity be adjusted?

/It is all done be sensors, so it is just having them be sensitive enough to go off when it hits a person, but not too sensitive to go off from wind.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
OTD in 1998, the Seinfeld finale aired...

...and during the PST airing, Old Blue Eyes was rushed to hospital and died

Frank Sinatra died during the West Coast airing of the finale. His daughter Nancy said she had planned to visit him prior to his death but got caught up watching Seinfeld reruns prior to the finale—"I got so involved watching the damn show that I never got over to my dad's."
The U.S. West Coast airing of the finale of Seinfeld coincided with the death of Frank Sinatra. Sinatra's ambulance was able to make it to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in 10 minutes in very light traffic, due to many in Los Angeles being indoors to watch the show

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I guess so. Baseball seems like the only major sport that actually catches some of these guys juicing. And they catch major stars, not chumps playing fo the league minimum

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It still baffles me that people brows HF on their mobile regularly. Whenever I've tried it drives me crazy.

Like, do you not have a computer or just using your phone is easier?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It still baffles me that people brows HF on their mobile regularly. Whenever I've tried it drives me crazy.

hmmm....must be just you then as I do it all the time and I don't get that reaction.
(when you're already operating several cards short of a full deck - you're immune).

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

I pretty much post when I'm on the skytrain or waiting in line somewhere or whatever so most of my posts are mobile. I don't find it difficult at all. You are using the mobile theme right. Occasionally I do get the desktop version of the site on my phone and that is of course unusable.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Not so much just reading it, but trying to type anything more than a sentence or two is a huge pain on my phone I find.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

I am with you for the most part, I way prefer to use a computer. I do use both, but it is more just where am I when I have time I need to kill.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
I post mostly from the toilet. When I get in long drawn out debates with Dim Jim my legs start to go numb and when I try to get up I fall to my knees and have to sit there for a few until the blood rushes back to my lower extremities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad