OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Portside is a club/pub kinda feel

Lamplighter is just a pub. It's a cool scene, varying age groups, bit pricey to get in but it's never overcrowded. If you're going out to just chill at a table and have drinks I like lamplighter. if you're going out to get lit and dance then portside makes more sense.
f*** that's a L then wanted to go to a hybrid club/pub kinda thing. hope the atmosphere is better for new years at least.

friend bought me a ticket so just said might as wel as most of my other people are out of town

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We were also going to lamplighter or the pint tonight but now theyre going to taphouse so I bailed. Surrey girls just wanna stick to Surrey apparently.

I get it because it's a travel to head to downtown and party and stuff.
But Surrey girls like the usual Taphouse/Earls/Joeys/Edith Arthur/South Surrey Public Houses.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As for him, doing a house party at my uncles place.
Last year I was in downtown which wasn't so bad, hugged/kissed numerous girls though lol

Reactions: Peen

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Happy new years from Kyoto!!!

Went to a local bar, pretty sure it was a gay bar, filled with foreigners. Loads of fun, chatted up some locals too. Hope you guys new year is as good as mine. Cheers guys.

Reactions: racerjoe

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
New Years is just another overpriced, overrated night where everything is overcrowded. I will spend the rest of my night watching a Breaking Bad marathon on AMC.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Reactions: dim jim

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Happy new years from Kyoto!!!

Went to a local bar, pretty sure it was a gay bar, filled with foreigners. Loads of fun, chatted up some locals too. Hope you guys new year is as good as mine. Cheers guys.

Happy New Years to you as well.

Kyoto is a favourite of mine. Hope you have fun WTG, and others here, wherever you may be.

Reactions: WTG

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
a of s is right new years is pretty over hyped, i ended up bailing on lamplighter saw a girl i used to f*** with in the past she gave me a ride downtown and ended up going to aura with her, she paid for my entry (50 bucks) and it was f***ing trash, she paid for my liqs my ticket and had a hotel right down the street, got inside the club at 11 left just after 12, chilled at her hotel for a bit and just dipped it was a decent night but it's so over hyped.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I wonder what you did there :thumbu:
haha, honestly i know a lot of my friends base a nights success on whether they got lucky or not, but honestly getting lucky when going clubbing downtown is just incredibly hard to materialize at my age and my current status. i live with mt parents all the way in pitt meadows so i'm not going to take a girl all the way there and hotel rooms are expensive in downtown vancouver so even when the opportunity presents itself it's not usually worth it, so my mindset is having a good ass time at the club over anything else. and in terms of that today sucked pretty hard, aura played f***ing awful music, i'm so glad i didn't have to pay for cover otherwise i would have been f***ing cheesed.

but yeah 2018 started of pretty well in that department if that's what you're asking haha.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hang over free since 96
First time puker.

Went to this friend of mines house later on just after new years and then her friend fed me rum.

I will stick to beer from now on.

Reactions: dim jim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad