OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Westworld was great. So much going on though. Can’t wait for season 2.
Very very slowwwwwwwwww for the first few episodes, though. And it did suffer from the old, faithful sci-fi trope of being run by the most brilliant visionaries on the upper levels...and underneath their master plan ruined by employing Pejorative Slurs who wouldn't be fit to man deep fryers at McDonald's in the basement.

This is what happens when you go non-union.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
2017 is on it's way out, good memories left behind.
Best movie I watched this year...Baby Driver. Thor was OK too though.
Worst...Justice League. Man DC just keeps f***ing up.
Best thing that happened...winning the division inline, or getting off the sauce for 5 months.
Worst...Chris Cornell, or back on the sauce.
As much as Netflix has to offer, I can't bring myself to watch a new movie or anything. Too cynical to think I'd enjoy it. Mindhunter is pretty good though. Confusing cause one of the character's is a namesake so I jolt up everytime they say it. God damn it. My parents couldn't just call me Steve or something.
Really optimistic for the Canucks future for the first time in a long time, actually.

But I will be back. Winter has that effect on me. Going back to school next year, getting a career. Going to be a company man. Heh, like that would ever happen. And so I begin. And my grammar is as bad as it's ever been. Great. haha. Good 2018 to you all.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
2017 was a pretty bad year for me, lost a lot of friends, got my heart broken pretty bad but most importantly lost my grandma who i was super close to.

optimistic about the new year though, i can easily say 2017 was the worst year of my life and things are only looking up. got accepted into the program i've been wanting to get into since graduating high school, although i lost a lot of people this year, 2017 helped open my eyes on a lot of situations and will definitely use my shortcomings as a learning expierence. i've been an arrogant asshole for most of my life so i can't really blame some of my friends for turning on me, i know that "new year new me" bullshit is spewed a lot but i'm really going to try and comit myself to that. Here's to a beginning and a new year, can't wait to see what 2018 has to offer!

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I have a strange amount of optimism for '18 which wasn't there for '17. Maybe it's just a massive nostalgia kick with it being 20 years since 1998, the greatest year of my childhood in terms of TV and videogames

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
2017... my freinds deemed this the #yearofjoe because they are great friends trying to help after a rough 2016. Made a lot of changes in my life, new career, had an entry level job where I met a great lady, had to leave that company for her. So now I am at a new company and said girl just left me a week ago. Despite that it was overall a good year with great friends reminding me I have great support around me.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
The best way to cap off 2017 is to get stranded in Calgary. f*** this ditch pig of a city and their shitty Siberian weather and everything that pertains to it.

Also f*** WestJet.

Reactions: The Stig

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Last year I was playing f***ing monopoly with the boys when the clock struck midnight.

Gotta step up my game this year.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Got stuck in Calgary because of “weather”.

Actual reason? WestJet didn’t contract enough de-icers to de-ice the planes so they had to cancel them.

WestJet’s hub is in Calgary.

This weather is not that out of the norm for December in Calgary.

They said weather so that if I can’t fly out they don’t have to compensate me for a hotel.

AirCanada may be literal Satan but at least their planes leave.

When am I getting home? Well according to my friend’s at WestJet “maybe sometime Tuesday morning.”

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Got stuck in Calgary because of “weather”.

Actual reason? WestJet didn’t contract enough de-icers to de-ice the planes so they had to cancel them.

WestJet’s hub is in Calgary.

This weather is not that out of the norm for December in Calgary.

They said weather so that if I can’t fly out they don’t have to compensate me for a hotel.

AirCanada may be literal Satan but at least their planes leave.

When am I getting home? Well according to my friend’s at WestJet “maybe sometime Tuesday morning.”
Maybe you can de-ice the plane with the hot air shooting out of your ears

depositphotos_53886085-stock-photo-angry-young-woman-blowing-steam.jpg

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Maybe you can de-ice the plane with the hot air shooting out of your ears

depositphotos_53886085-stock-photo-angry-young-woman-blowing-steam.jpg

I legitimately said to the service agent the 3rd time I had to go through security and check in again, “I do not give any f***s about your incompetence to hire the appropriate equipment. For all I care you can get 70 guys with ice scrapers working on it, this is f***ing Ridiculous.”

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I legitimately said to the service agent the 3rd time I had to go through security and check in again, “I do not give any ****s about your incompetence to hire the appropriate equipment. For all I care you can get 70 guys with ice scrapers working on it, this is ****ing Ridiculous.”
That sucks. Here's a puppy

hh9tqty2ikgz.gif

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The best way to cap off 2017 is to get stranded in Calgary. **** this ditch pig of a city and their ****ty Siberian weather and everything that pertains to it.

Also **** WestJet.

Go to Chinook Mall, I hear that's the place to be :sarcasm:

I hear ya, I haven't been to Calgary since 2014 and I don't miss it at all.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
yeah some chick was trying to get me to go twelve but tickets were sold online and wasn't trying to spend 50 at the door so i'm going to lamplighter now
We were also going to lamplighter or the pint tonight but now theyre going to taphouse so I bailed. Surrey girls just wanna stick to Surrey apparently.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
We were also going to lamplighter or the pint tonight but now theyre going to taphouse so I bailed. Surrey girls just wanna stick to Surrey apparently.
honestly i don't think i've been to lamp before, is it any good?

is it similar to port side?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
honestly i don't think i've been to lamp before, is it any good?

is it similar to port side?
Portside is a club/pub kinda feel

Lamplighter is just a pub. It's a cool scene, varying age groups, bit pricey to get in but it's never overcrowded. If you're going out to just chill at a table and have drinks I like lamplighter. if you're going out to get lit and dance then portside makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad