OT Non-Ski Resort Thread - Part I - New Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I just received a very important package in the mail.

e36ojGi.jpg

member 290103

Getting all the Hip CDs I own into the Rev mobile now.

If you've got an hour or so,

That's great, great video to post. Well done. A lot of the younger people that don't know the Hip have only the recent televised Kingston concert as a live reference.

End of an era, if they were to ever make a Canadian version of Dazed and Confused, circa 1995, the entire soundtrack could be the Hip.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Apparently all it takes to get onto a movie set without anyone asking a single question is to wear a hi-vis vest. Walked right onto...and through...the set of Dwayne Johnsons movie Skyscraper and no one said a thing.

Reactions: PM

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Any kind of Canucks gear/hats etc is so gross to look at and tacky. My god. I'd buy Boston shit before some of the stuff they have of the Canucks. The wordmark makes me want to puke.

Reactions: sunnyvale420

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Cause our logo is ****.

Stick-in-rink forever GOAT

The orca logo looks terrible on almost any hat. I've found one good one in the 15 years or so we've had it and the logo was completely black which made it look way less busy. It's even hard to find a stick in the rink hat that looks good because they are usually those stupid flat rim hats that look good on maybe 1 out of 100 people. The 90's logo doesn't look good on hats either but I have seen a couple Flying V hats that looked decent. Hockey hats in general are just terrible, baseball hats are where they are at.

Thinking of getting a nice blue Dodgers one as I've fully jumped on the Kershaw bandwagon this fall and it has a very nice and clean logo. I'm also a big fan of the colour blue as long as it's not too bright.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The orca logo looks terrible on almost any hat. I've found one good one in the 15 years or so we've had it and the logo was completely black which made it look way less busy. It's even hard to find a stick in the rink hat that looks good because they are usually those stupid flat rim hats that look good on maybe 1 out of 100 people. The 90's logo doesn't look good on hats either but I have seen a couple Flying V hats that looked decent. Hockey hats in general are just terrible, baseball hats are where they are at.

Thinking of getting a nice blue Dodgers one as I've fully jumped on the Kershaw bandwagon this fall and it has a very nice and clean logo. I'm also a big fan of the colour blue as long as it's not too bright.
Yeah, I have two Canucks hats I think look fine. A Millionaires hat and a mostly black/dark grey one

VdQEXJS.png

(lighting in this picture is weird, the front is dark grey)

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Been a rough couple weeks, been trying to process the loss of my grandma but I know even typing this will irk me. She went to Kenya in August to visit my aunt, and complained of a chest ache so they took her in and conducted a few tests (ECG etc) yet they weren't able to find anything, finally they did a blood test and saw that she had multiple clogged arteries the doctor in Kenya said it accumulated over the past 5 years and they have been clogged for multiple years. She tested her heart so many times in Vancouver and the doctors always told her she was okay, and 100% healthy so that's pretty hard. She was flown to South Africa to conduct an open heart surgery, I was up alll night waiting for the results and the doctors told mt dad that the surgery went extremely well and she was slated to wake up in the next 24/48 hours. 48 hours later my uncle messages our group chat saying she was critical... Caught me completely off guard, they tried everything to save her but her BP kept dropping so they rightfully decided to pull the plug. Been tough I was so close to her, and was the first loss to someone close to me. 5 days later my best friends grandma passed away too. 1 week later my other best friends aunt who was 37 passed away on her 6 year old sons birthday...

Times have been tough.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Been a rough couple weeks, been trying to process the loss of my grandma but I know even typing this will irk me. She went to Kenya in August to visit my aunt, and complained of a chest ache so they took her in and conducted a few tests (ECG etc) yet they weren't able to find anything, finally they did a blood test and saw that she had multiple clogged arteries the doctor in Kenya said it accumulated over the past 5 years and they have been clogged for multiple years. She tested her heart so many times in Vancouver and the doctors always told her she was okay, and 100% healthy so that's pretty hard. She was flown to South Africa to conduct an open heart surgery, I was up alll night waiting for the results and the doctors told mt dad that the surgery went extremely well and she was slated to wake up in the next 24/48 hours. 48 hours later my uncle messages our group chat saying she was critical... Caught me completely off guard, they tried everything to save her but her BP kept dropping so they rightfully decided to pull the plug. Been tough I was so close to her, and was the first loss to someone close to me. 5 days later my best friends grandma passed away too. 1 week later my other best friends aunt who was 37 passed away on her 6 year old sons birthday...

Times have been tough.
That's rough, I'm sorry to hear that. Cherish those around you, life is far too short and misfortune can hit anyone abruptly.

Reactions: dim jim

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Yeah I really don't buy any hockey related hats...most don't look that good, but some are really nice but I'm not wearing a Leafs/Habs/Bruins hat or random teams like Carolina, Minny etc.

Baseball hats are definitely where it is at.

I have at least one hat for every team I support though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad