OT: NHL15 and/or General Video Gaming Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I'll am planning on picking up NHL 15 for the PS4 around black Friday if I can get it for $35 or less. I liked the gameplay in the demo. $35 for OTP and Online VS seems fair to me...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Has anyone played any of the Civilization games?

Been looking into Beyond Earth.

Haven't checked out Beyond Earth myself yet, but if it's anything like Civ 5 it should be a good one. If you like turn based strategy games, or if you like games that allow a high level of micromanagement, I'd check it out.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Haven't checked out Beyond Earth myself yet, but if it's anything like Civ 5 it should be a good one. If you like turn based strategy games, or if you like games that allow a high level of micromanagement, I'd check it out.

That's what I've been hearing.
I've been trying to look at some gameplay when it's being played on Twitch. Looks pretty good to me. I'll probably hold off though until it goes on sale on Steam or if G2A has it super cheap.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah that's exactly where I am with it. My gaming rig needs to be upgraded here soon anyway so holding off until the Summer Sale isn't among my worst ideas.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Just in case you guys haven't heard of the website, I'd highly recommend checking out g2a.com

They normally have some deals going on and sometimes they are just stupid good.

Right now they have one of those going on, where you could have pre-ordered Witcher 3 for only $25 (Although it sold out within a few minutes) and Evil Within is only $32 right now on that website and Shadow of Mordor is sitting at $25.28

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Is there a way in NHL14 to create players, put them on teams and then have them show up in the Draft when you play GM mode?

Every time I've tried they aren't there come draft day and I was wanting to add in some of the major US players (Eichel, etc) for realism.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is there a way in NHL14 to create players, put them on teams and then have them show up in the Draft when you play GM mode?

Every time I've tried they aren't there come draft day and I was wanting to add in some of the major US players (Eichel, etc) for realism.

Are you beginning your be a GM mode with your custom rosters?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I spent twenty bucks yesterday on a new gameboy thingy deal for my game cube and have been playing Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising almost non stop. I'll get to Metroid: Zero Mission again eventually, but omg, this is the best turn based strategy game ever. Of all time.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I may end up buying the Civilization V Complete Edition on G2A instead, it's going for like $20

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
They have always seemed like they would be fun from what I have seen. I've just never actually bought any of them.

I'm extremely tempted to purchase it though.

About to head to GameStop actually and pick up Fantasy Life and Tales of Xillia 2 (On sale right now)

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
turn based strategy games where you control a civilization as it grows from stone age to modern era and ghandi nukes you and it is all of a sudden 4 am and you have to go to work soon

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
BTW, me and a bunch of my friends are playing this new game called RoboCraft. Check it out. Seriously, it's amazing.

Basically, it's a full-on LEGO game that's still in alpha. You build a war robot from scratch, completely designed the way you want, with a bunch of different options, a robot with wheels, a hovercraft, a crawler, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, as well as many different types of unlockable weapons and armor. Then they throw you in a world with 19 other players, 10 per team, for "capture the base" style gameplay.

It's so fun. Everyone's ships look completely different, and the gameplay can become pretty strategic when you start getting higher up in level. Totally addictive, basically a LEGO robot fighting game. Plus it's still in alpha, so the learning curve isn't steep since most people are new.

bluedevil58*

First season as the Canes GM:

- Traded Skinner to Montreal for a first round pick and a d prospect.

- traded Can Ward to Dallas for a rookie goalie, a 2nd round pick, and Nich.

i ended up finishing 4th in the east and lost in the 2nd round. Proceed to draft players 6 ft 2 and above.

My rebuild was totally successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad