OT: NHL15 and/or General Video Gaming Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Whatever you'd like to call those games where you're setting up your army across a set landscape.

It really shouldn't be so different from the other FF games, but those type of games are just too slow for me. Even the regular FF games, being turn-based, you wait for your bar to fill, then you attack. A little slow, but doable.

In Tactics, you wait for your turn, move your piece, wait for all 7 other pieces on the board to move, your turn again, move your piece, wait for all 7 to move again...

I can only get through one battle before I'm sick of it.

yeah that is turn based strategy games

rts is starcraft, warcraft, company of heroes, etc.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I used to play the hell out of Empire Earth. That was an awesome RTS. Has there been a similar game made in more recent years? Company of Heroes was fun but I like the large scale stuff.

I also booted up TF2 for the first time in nearly a year last night. I always forget how fun it is. Then I loaded Team Fortress Classic just for the sake of nostalgia and was sad to see there are only a handful of actively used servers left.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Whatever you'd like to call those games where you're setting up your army across a set landscape.

It really shouldn't be so different from the other FF games, but those type of games are just too slow for me. Even the regular FF games, being turn-based, you wait for your bar to fill, then you attack. A little slow, but doable.

In Tactics, you wait for your turn, move your piece, wait for all 7 other pieces on the board to move, your turn again, move your piece, wait for all 7 to move again...

I can only get through one battle before I'm sick of it.

In fft its your 4/5 members under your control versus 4/5 enemies so kinda i go you go, etc. only problem with it imo is its expensive for an app and theres an ending (weird for a free roaming rpg right?) give it try man its very fun if your out of things to do with no internet.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In fft its your 4/5 members under your control versus 4/5 enemies so kinda i go you go, etc. only problem with it imo is its expensive for an app and theres an ending (weird for a free roaming rpg right?) give it try man its very fun if your out of things to do with no internet.

Like I said, not my type of game.

I'm more into games like Dungeon Quest. The closest thing I could find to a Diablo-clone, and it's completely free.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Like I said, not my type of game.

I'm more into games like Dungeon Quest. The closest thing I could find to a Diablo-clone, and it's completely free.

actaully never played diablo but was thinking about getting one. was thinking about getting the one on xbox but not sure i should since played any of the previuos games.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I've played a good amount of MMO's and its at the top 3 for me.

I really need to finish Shin Megami Tensei IV

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Was playing undying other day, i have no idea how build him. Item wise pr lvl wise, but still reking kids with the sand king so its aight.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Online team play for NHL15 is out now. It's fun but a lot of people are so ****ing bad.

I see why they didn't release it at launch. With 12 person collision physics it's just a gong show of collisions and interference penalties. At least in my experience thus far.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
When are they going to fix drafting is all i really want to know.
So many five year olds on garrys mod wouldnt recommend it unless your playing with friends.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
When are they going to fix drafting is all i really want to know.
So many five year olds on garrys mod wouldnt recommend it unless your playing with friends.

I believe that is in the most recent patch as well.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Nhl2014 you could do the 2013 draft thats why i asked and is fantasy draft for any mode available?

My power is out so i cant check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad