Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They finished 2 points apart in the standings. I get that North Bay is missing their starting goalie, but it's not uncommon for a backup to shine in the playoffs when pushed into action. We saw it with LaLonde in Saginaw this year.

It's not remotely close to being the same thing as an 8 sweeping a 1 in the first round. It had never been done before in the history of the league.
I get what you’re saying but the 8 seed was way better than your average 8 seed. There wasn’t a huge skill gap between them. Windsor and Kitchener both loaded up last year. Windsor more and they were obviously the favourite but I didn’t think it would be a short series by any means.

Windsor very clearly had poor goaltending last year and parsons on Kitchener played phenomenal I believe

Either way both things don’t happen very often- a reverse sweep and a 1 seed getting swept in the first round.

This team may be cooked. That first goal is so important tonight.
100% they have to come out firing in the opening 10 mins the same way north bay does for a home game.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Curious about how you Gens fans feel?
honestly, not great. everyone I talk to in our group chat is treating tonight like the last game of the season.

I would say majority feel the season is lost. Whoever does the pre game pep talk in that locker should say something to the effect of "Everyone has given up on you. Have you given up on yourselves? The only people in the world right now who believe in you guys is the 20 of you suiting up tonight. Let's go prove them all wrong"

That the best AL Pacino coaching speech I got lol

Reactions: frontsfan67

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Curious about how you Gens fans feel?
Honestly not too bad. Didn’t really have the Gens pegged for a conference finals visit, let alone a gm 7. Lack of depth is certainly showing its face now that injuries are piling up. Been impressed with Delisle the last few games. Definitely a guy who could’ve benefited from more playing time in rds 1 and 2. The finals would be an awesome feat, but would probably be quick work for London.

Going up 3-0 and losing will suck for the guys on the team. Good fuel for a team that’s returning most of its roster next year.

Reactions: LDN and squireprods

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I get what you’re saying but the 8 seed was way better than your average 8 seed. There wasn’t a huge skill gap between them. Windsor and Kitchener both loaded up last year. Windsor more and they were obviously the favourite but I didn’t think it would be a short series by any means.

Windsor very clearly had poor goaltending last year and parsons on Kitchener played phenomenal I believe

Either way both things don’t happen very often- a reverse sweep and a 1 seed getting swept in the first round.

100% they have to come out firing in the opening 10 mins the same way north bay does for a home game.
Kitchener was still a .500 team post deadline they were not very good. You say both situations don't happen very often, again, one situation, the Kitchener upset has only happened once.. last season, that right there makes it a far greater accomplishment, now on top of that , how many times has an 8 seed beat a 1? And how many times has a 2 beat a 1? Icing on the cake.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kitchener was still a .500 team post deadline they were not very good. You say both situations don't happen very often, again, one situation, the Kitchener upset has only happened once.. last season, that right there makes it a far greater accomplishment, now on top of that , how many times has an 8 seed beat a 1? And how many times has a 2 beat a 1? Icing on the cake.
Pete’s last year weren’t living up to the hype either but won it all last year.

Bottom line it’s junior hockey. There’s always surprises.

Congrats to the gens for beating the battalion

Reactions: Leviathan899

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Anyone here have an idea when tickets will go on sale for games 3 and 4?

Since the fronts probably won’t be making any finals appearances soon I figure I might as well make the trip up to Oshawa to experience the atmosphere of an ohl final, finally lol

Reactions: Whatanathol

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Anyone here have an idea when tickets will go on sale for games 3 and 4?

Since the fronts probably won’t be making any finals appearances soon I figure I might as well make the trip up to Oshawa to experience the atmosphere of an ohl final, finally lol
tomorrow morning at 10am

Screenshot_20240506_233708_Photos.jpg

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Honestly not too bad. Didn’t really have the Gens pegged for a conference finals visit, let alone a gm 7. Lack of depth is certainly showing its face now that injuries are piling up. Been impressed with Delisle the last few games. Definitely a guy who could’ve benefited from more playing time in rds 1 and 2. The finals would be an awesome feat, but would probably be quick work for London.

Going up 3-0 and losing will suck for the guys on the team. Good fuel for a team that’s returning most of its roster next year.
I think if oshawa plays with the same urgency they had tonight and Oster is Oster, we have a good shot at beating London.

i think if oshawa plays with the same urgency they had tonight and Oster is Oster, we have a good shot at beating London. Great team over there and they’ll be hungry to avenge last years loss to Ptbo, but I think either way it’ll be a close series. The amount of adversity oshawa has faced this year has been unbelievable, to get to this point is a huge accomplishment imo.

Reactions: Whatanathol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad