Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
As of this writing, there are currently only 165 tickets left to purchase for Friday nights game.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If the Genees advance to Roberston Cup, does London or Sag reserve seats / section for gen fans?

ty

:)
good question. Always wanted to go to the Budweiser Gardens.

I wonder if Oshawa even does a booster bus? I've been a STH for 8 years but honestly never looked into it.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Runner26

May 10, 2015
good question. Always wanted to go to the Budweiser Gardens.

I wonder if Oshawa even does a booster bus? I've been a STH for 8 years but honestly never looked into it.
Karon Shepardson organized the Gens Booster Club Buses for decades but with ill health she was forced to stop 8years ago maybe and no one has picked it up in her absence

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Connor Punnett will not dress tonight
Buckley also out with undisclosed injury.

Pylipuk and Rodriguez fill in the gaps.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Connor Punnett will not dress tonight
Buckley also out with undisclosed injury.

Pylipuk and Rodriguez fill in the gaps.
Buckley skated to the bench late after a check favouring his right shoulder. I’m no Dr but I’d guess shoulder separation or collarbone from his body language.

Sandman26

Apr 1, 2024
I will say as a fan, it's amazing to see the referees not calling so much against Oshawa. I will agree that I have not seen such one sided officiating in favour of the Generals... I think ever.
However, I do think that NB has been much less disciplined than Oshawa. And Friday's game, the fact the referees put the whistles away and avoided calling by the book penalties (puck over glass, holding a player against the boards for 15+ seconds even when the puck is no where near the obstruction, holding a player's leg for 10+ seconds, and much much more) has became embarrassing. The Generals looked scared to play the puck at sometimes because they know that some NB players are coming for them. If the Generals take a big lead in Game 6 or 7, I fear that unnecessary injuries are going to happen.
We have seen that NB players are willing to take runs and the referees and league do not seem to care.
Clearly, player safety is no longer a concern in this league and that can be witnessed in many different situations. Does anyone remember a certain Barrie player faking an injury, laying on the ice after being 'hit in the head.' He returns mere minutes later and is told to hide in the tunnel. What happened to the dark room for head hits?

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
I will say as a fan, it's amazing to see the referees not calling so much against Oshawa. I will agree that I have not seen such one sided officiating in favour of the Generals... I think ever.
However, I do think that NB has been much less disciplined than Oshawa. And Friday's game, the fact the referees put the whistles away and avoided calling by the book penalties (puck over glass, holding a player against the boards for 15+ seconds even when the puck is no where near the obstruction, holding a player's leg for 10+ seconds, and much much more) has became embarrassing. The Generals looked scared to play the puck at sometimes because they know that some NB players are coming for them. If the Generals take a big lead in Game 6 or 7, I fear that unnecessary injuries are going to happen.
We have seen that NB players are willing to take runs and the referees and league do not seem to care.
Clearly, player safety is no longer a concern in this league and that can be witnessed in many different situations. Does anyone remember a certain Barrie player faking an injury, laying on the ice after being 'hit in the head.' He returns mere minutes later and is told to hide in the tunnel. What happened to the dark room for head hits?
You’ve perfectly described the hit on Rolofs last night in OT. Down the tunnel and all only to play his normal shift on PP2.
Also, Punnett’s injury was self inflicted trying to destroy Vilmanis with an unnecessary hit at that point in the game.

Reactions: dirty12

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If the Genees advance to Roberston Cup, does London or Sag reserve seats / section for gen fans?

ty

:)
London I’m pretty sure has like 9000 season ticket holders. 0 chance you’ll get any more than a few for the finals. Maybe a few seats but not enough for a bus if that’s what you’re implying.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Romani is out for NB

Buckley is back.

Punnett game time decision, will take warm-ups. Rodriguez will also warm up incase Punnet can't go.

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Must win for Oshawa. But never easy in north bay

If things don’t go their way early, I think it becomes a must inflict as much pain as possible game for both London and Oshawa. This is where home-ice on short rest can be a real advantage by giving the little used spare parts TOI to hack & slash.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If things don’t go their way early, I think it becomes a must inflict as much pain as possible game for both London and Oshawa. This is where home-ice on short rest can be a real advantage by giving the little used spare parts TOI to hack & slash.
Absolutely. When Oshawa was up 3-0 I was thinking holy crap these guys may blow London or Saginaw out because of how much time they had- now I’m not so sure of that.

Actually in fact if they lose today I don’t think they have a chance in hell of winning game 7 with all the momentum there would be. Plus Romani could be back then which is the best player between both of the teams imo.

Oshawa has to finish the job today. Punnett probably back and Buckley who is a good top6 guy on most teams being back along with Romani out- you won’t get another chance like this.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Absolutely. When Oshawa was up 3-0 I was thinking holy crap these guys may blow London or Saginaw out because of how much time they had- now I’m not so sure of that.

Actually in fact if they lose today I don’t think they have a chance in hell of winning game 7 with all the momentum there would be. Plus Romani could be back then which is the best player between both of the teams imo.

Oshawa has to finish the job today. Punnett probably back and Buckley who is a good top6 guy on most teams being back along with Romani out- you won’t get another chance like this.

I expect Romani to play tomorrow. His ankle is probably less of a focal point for the gens in a critical game 7.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Hard to forget game 4 of this series. Only 69 seconds away from elimination and a sweep, Paul Christopulous scores an incredible goal from an incredible angle. It’s like the hockey gods wanted to give this dependable OA something to remember from his junior hockey days. I know I’ll certainly remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad