Oshawa Generals 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Let’s connect this time next year.
It'd have to be quite the jump in points. Richie is on pace for 70 points and has a super complete 200 foot game and many are saying he isn't producing enough. So Villeneuve would have to jump from 20 points to 70-80 points in one season. Certainly not impossible, but would be a huge jump

Reactions: yessir29292

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
-Lots of credit to Cam Butler for setting the tone early today. Big fight win just over a minute into the game then has 3G, 1A, 7 shots after that. He's been a big part of the Gens success in the 2nd half as I also contribute a lot of Roobroeck's growth to him. Since the Gens put them on the same line Roobroeck has been way more physical and playing a lot more of a 200 foot game, like Butler does. Roobrooeck also extended his point streak to 6 games today and has 5G, 5A for 10 points in those 6 games while being a +8 with 16 shots and is 77/139 (55.4%) on draws

-Oster was really good in the 1st and 2nd today (aside from the one Robinson dump in). Stats took a hit with Sudbury scoring powerplay goals with the goalie out late but he definitely won the goalie head to head today. Now 5-2-1 with a 1.87 GAA and a .942 save % since the trade to the Gens

-Big game for the Gens 4th line with Graham getting his 1st career goal and Ty Petrou getting a big goal right after Sudbury cut the lead to 3-2

-Sudbury got the advantage of the whistle (actually the non-whistle) the majority of the game with several late hits/slashes on the goalie that all went uncalled but the Gens did a good job keeping their cool until late when they finally got sucked in a bit and SBY made them pay, although it was too little, too late.

-Watching a team like Sudbury who is unquestionably more talented than the Gens current roster really makes you appreciate Laxdal. On the Graham goal, Mania was screaming at the rookie Bishop for the turnover then again on the bench yelling at the D-coach and pointing a Bishop. McCallum trying to go 1-on-3 several times on the PP despite being the least talented guy on the ice at the time. That type of stuff you rarely see from the Gens under Laxdal and it's not a coincidence they traded their top F, top D and starting G and are somehow 10-4-1 in their last 15 games

-Leaver stops 41/44 to beat the Petes for the 2nd time since joining Guelph today! Some things never change

Last edited:

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
-Lots of credit to Cam Butler for setting the tone early today. Big fight win just over a minute into the game then has 3G, 1A, 7 shots after that. He's been a big part of the Gens success in the 2nd half as I also contribute a lot of Roobroeck's growth to him. Since the Gens put them on the same line Roobroeck has been way more physical and playing a lot more of a 200 foot game, like Butler does. Roobrooeck also extended his point streak to 6 games today and has 5G, 5A for 10 points in those 6 games while being a +8 with 16 shots and is 77/139 (55.4%) on draws

-Oster was really good in the 1st and 2nd today (aside from the one Robinson dump in). Stats took a hit with Sudbury scoring powerplay goals with the goalie out late but he definitely won the goalie head to head today. Now 5-2-1 with a 1.87 GAA and a .942 save % since the trade to the Gens

-Big game for the Gens 4th line with Graham getting his 1st career goal and Ty Petrou getting a big goal right after Sudbury cut the lead to 3-2

-Sudbury got the advantage of the whistle (actually the non-whistle) the majority of the game with several late hits/slashes on the goalie that all went uncalled but the Gens did a good job keeping their cool until late when they finally got sucked in a bit and SBY made them pay, although it was too little, too late.

-Watching a team like Sudbury who is unquestionably more talented than the Gens current roster really makes you appreciate Laxdal. On the Graham goal, Mania was screaming at the rookie Bishop for the turnover then again on the bench yelling at the D-coach and pointing a Bishop. McCallum trying to go 1-on-3 several times on the PP despite being the least talented guy on the ice at the time. That type of stuff you rarely see from the Gens under Laxdal and it's not a coincidence they traded their top F, top D and starting G and are somehow 10-4-1 in their last 15 games

-Leaver stops 41/44 to beat the Petes for the 2nd time since joining Guelph today! Some things never change

Sudbury played 3 games in less than 48 hours on the road and lost players along the way. You call out Mania like you know him personally and make him look bad. I’ve read stupid tweets too calling out Musty making terrible turnovers as if he was a terrible hockey player. You should focus on your team because they’re not out of the woods yet…

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sudbury played 3 games in less than 48 hours on the road and lost players along the way. You call out Mania like you know him personally and make him look bad. I’ve read stupid tweets too calling out Musty making terrible turnovers as if he was a terrible hockey player. You should focus on your team because they’re not out of the woods yet…
This is one of the more bizarre posts I've ever seen on here, which is really saying something.

No, you’re just making things up lol. I didn’t “call out Mania like I know him personally”. I posted on an OHL based discussion forum what I literally watched happen with my eyes. And if Musty does a bad turnover and I say Musty just had a bad turnover, that isn't the same thing as saying "Musty is a terrible hockey player" lol, again you're just getting triggered and making things up that weren't said. You should stop doing that.

You should focus on your team because they’re not out of the woods yet…
Do you think I play on the team...? Lol

If you get triggered over someone saying something they watched happened, maybe this discussion forum isn’t the place for you

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
This is one of the more bizarre posts I've ever seen on here, which is really saying something.

No, you’re just making things up lol. I didn’t “call out Mania like I know him personally”. I posted on an OHL based discussion forum what I literally watched happen with my eyes. And if Musty does a bad turnover and I say Musty just had a bad turnover, that isn't the same thing as saying "Musty is a terrible hockey player" lol, again you're just getting triggered and making things up that weren't said. You should stop doing that.

Do you think I play on the team...? Lol

If you get triggered over someone saying something they watched happened, maybe this discussion forum isn’t the place for you
Brutal

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I know you just won’t understand. Have a nice day
You for some reason convinced yourself I called Mania a bad human and Musty horrible at hockey lol. Neither of those happened. Stop trying to find ways to get mad online for things that never actually happened. Go Gens

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
So you can only call players out for terrible turnovers if they’re a terrible player…?

Reactions: Roadhog

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So you can only call players out for terrible turnovers if they’re a terrible player…?
And if you watch a player do something, then say “I saw this player do this” it means you’re saying he’s a horrible person inside and out. Glad I know that now!

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Update after shutting out the Otters and putting 8 up on the Wolves

Reminder there are still 19 games left!

Chipmunk (12 Wins) =8

ON THE VERGE OF ELIMINATION!
HUSH10 (10 Wins) =8
Naz (10 Wins) =8
Whatanathol (9 Wins) =8
Ohloutsider (9 Wins) =8

ELIMINATED!
Yessir29292 (8 Wins) =8
GeneralsUpdates (8 Wins) =8
SarniaUpdates (7 Wins) = 8
TommyV27 (7 Wins) =8

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
It'd have to be quite the jump in points. Richie is on pace for 70 points and has a super complete 200 foot game and many are saying he isn't producing enough. So Villeneuve would have to jump from 20 points to 70-80 points in one season. Certainly not impossible, but would be a huge jump
Ritchie is an 05 and Villie an 06. You might be right but NHL scouts look at more things than points. I’m hoping Villie will get more opportunity next season as a 17year old.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ritchie is an 05 and Villie an 06. You might be right but NHL scouts look at more things than points. I’m hoping Villie will get more opportunity next season as a 17year old.
Exactly.. This is Ritchie’s draft year and people are saying a point per game isn’t enough even tho he plays a great 200 foot game. Next year (Villeneuve’s draft year) he’d have to go from 15-20 points to 70-75. That’d be massive jump

Reactions: yessir29292

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Should be out serving first of 2 game suspension for his 4th fight
It doesn't currently show on the media notes.

Either it hasn't been updated or they ruled it as Collins goated him into the fight (don't think thats the case as it seemed pretty mutual on for both parties)

It also doesnt show Collins suspended 1 game for removing the helmet.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Exactly.. This is Ritchie’s draft year and people are saying a point per game isn’t enough even tho he plays a great 200 foot game. Next year (Villeneuve’s draft year) he’d have to go from 15-20 points to 70-75. That’d be massive jump
Yes it would. I hope he can get there, I watched some of games in his draft year and he was dominant….here’s hoping. Best of luck tonight. Ham.4-Gens. 3 Panwar

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
It doesn't currently show on the media notes.

Either it hasn't been updated or they ruled it as Collins goated him into the fight (don't think thats the case as it seemed pretty mutual on for both parties)

It also doesnt show Collins suspended 1 game for removing the helmet.
Do they post the automatic suspensions for fighting on "Media Notes"? I don't believe they do.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes it would. I hope he can get there, I watched some of games in his draft year and he was dominant….here’s hoping. Best of luck tonight. Ham.4-Gens. 3 Panwar
He’s one of the guys I don’t have much of a feel for being from Ottawa which I never saw in minor midget and then Sudbury who I rarely see play unless it’s against the Gens

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad