Free agent invites are:
D Nicolas Maria (Marlies 18u)
D Brayden Velliaris (Miss Sens 18u)
F Evan Lachimea (Thunder Bay 18u)
F Kyle Smith (Durham Roadrunners- GMHL)
F Matt Mirda (Kitchener 18u)
F Mason Eurig (Elmira- GOJHL)
F Gleb Akimov (Toronto Titans 18u)
G Braeden Dirks (Durham Roadrunners- GMHL)

Reactions: the dog

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Screenshot_20220829-163544_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Thoughts from game 1 of training camp:

-This team is going to be young but so damn fun to watch.

-Ben Danford is an unbelievable skater. Loves jumping up in the play too. He is badly needed to this D-core, who struggled to help generate offence and transition last year

-Beckett Sennecke had a nasty goal where he beat the D 1-on-1 on through his legs then chipped it bar down

-Alex Hubblethwaite was the best non-Gen I thought. He was flying the whole game. Went bar out off the rush then scored post and in off the rush. He's an 05 from Mississauga but played in Phoenix last year. Asked around about him and multiple people thought he really got hurt by the pandemic year (the '05 group was in minor midget that year when the season got cancelled) and that could be why he fell to round 12. Interested to see him throughout the rest of the camp

-Leaver stops 12/12 including 3/3 against Brett Harrison breakaways. He'll be a top 5 (maybe top 3) goalie in the OHL this season, even on what will be one of the youngest teams in the league

-Ryan O'Dell looked much improved from last year. Huge kid but his skating looks better. Might need to wait until it's against other OHL teams to really get a read against OHL level skaters, but he was noticeable

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The OAs and the rookies looked really good in the Red vs White game. By far the best line was Sennecke-Gagnier-Butler. Sennecke/Gagnier each had hattricks and Butler had 2G. See if any depth signings come later today or tomorrow. Could see Hubblethwaite, Lee or Ziliotto getting signed to add to F depth this year and/or Sabourin as the 3rd goalie

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Boy did the White team ever dominate the Red team, especially the line of Butler, Sennecke & Gagnier. I also liked what I saw of Hubblewaite & Danford.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The OAs and the rookies looked really good in the Red vs White game. By far the best line was Sennecke-Gagnier-Butler. Sennecke/Gagnier each had hattricks and Butler had 2G. See if any depth signings come later today or tomorrow. Could see Hubblethwaite, Lee or Ziliotto getting signed to add to F depth this year and/or Sabourin as the 3rd goalie

ziliotto and lee where put up for trades today

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Any word on Dawson McKinney's whereabouts?
Shocked he didnt at least get a chance at camp but I figured he was the odd man out. Just curious if anyone knows if he's playing Uni or for another team, etc?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Any word on Dawson McKinney's whereabouts?
Shocked he didnt at least get a chance at camp but I figured he was the odd man out. Just curious if anyone knows if he's playing Uni or for another team, etc?
Was waived and no OHL team claimed him. So out of the OHL. Could sign Jr A or could go to school

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Looks like 4th rounder Ethan Toms is being signed. That would mean they’ve signed their top 6 picks from the most recent draft, all in the top 5 rounds

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
How many 2006 birthdays can they dress? For some reason I thought 4 was the max.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
How many 2006 birthdays can they dress? For some reason I thought 4 was the max.
Yeah it's 4. Your top 2 picks (Danford and Sennecke) and then 2 others. Assume the 2 others will be Graham and one of Rodriguez/Bedkowski. Then Toms and the other of Bedkowski/Rodriguez will play in Jr A

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Difficult to keep 3 06 dmen on team. I am sure Bedkovski and Rodriguez will be sent to Jr. A.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Difficult to keep 3 06 dmen on team. I am sure Bedkovski and Rodriguez will be sent to Jr. A.
They won’t have 3. Danford and one of Bedkowski or Rodriguez will be the only 2

Sennecke and Graham will be the other 06s and are both forwards

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I am saying that Bedkovski and Rodriques are not ready to play OHL.
Other than the very top end guys like Dickinson/Danford/Virgilio, no 2006 born D is ready to play in the OHL. But that’s how they get better

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Starting lineup for game 1 of the pre-season in Barrie

F Lines:
Rolofs-Harrison-Graham
Sennecke-Gagnier-Butler
Ertel-Way-Torrance
Whitton-Gruber-Buckley

D Pairing
Moore-Bedkows
Danford-Stewa
Parfenyuk-Marrelli

Leaver

Scratches: Ritchie (upper body), Smith, O'Dell, Rodriguez, Toms

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens going with the youngest lineup they’ve had in probably a decade today. Ritchie, Harrison, Gagnier, Parfenyuk, Moore and Leaver all getting the day off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad