Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Lots of superstars in the trade but doesn't make a whole lot of sense because goaltending will be one of the Gens strengths next year. Yes DiPietro is better than Keyser, but he will be one of the only goalies in the OHL better than him next year. Gens don't need a starting goalie

Your right Generals don't need a starting goalie, but sorry bit confused in a post goalies on the market you mentioned Rainmaker (sp) he is a starting goalie. There was a 2 goalies that were mentioned 1 from Barrie & 1 from Erie, don't know there situation but that might be something to look into the price maybe cheap?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Upon further investigation David Ovsjannikov is an OA that issue could be solved by dropping one of our OA's but the other issue with him is that he is a European player and I don't think you can trade. Now Joseph Murdaca could make sense he is a 98 with experience that may come cheap

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Upon further investigation David Ovsjannikov is an OA that issue could be solved by dropping one of our OA's but the other issue with him is that he is a European player and I don't think you can trade. Now Joseph Murdaca could make sense he is a 98 with experience that may come cheap

He is not a Euro, but a North American player believe he is from Ohio.You thought because of his last name he was a Euro born play.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Your right Generals don't need a starting goalie, but sorry bit confused in a post goalies on the market you mentioned Rainmaker (sp) he is a starting goalie. There was a 2 goalies that were mentioned 1 from Barrie & 1 from Erie, don't know there situation but that might be something to look into the price maybe cheap?

Yeah I just mentioned Raaymakers in the goalie post because I knew he would be the first person that people brought up as being available. I completely forgot about Murdaca, I thought Erie traded him. Ovsjannikov and Murdaca both seem like good options. But yeah if you get Ovsjannikov then you drop Di Carlo so Murdaca would be better because you wouldn't need to do that

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well I googled him on hockey database and it said born in the Czech republic.

Elite prospects.com says he has played in the US since 2011,when he was 13,he is American citizen,was never drafted in the Euro draft but was drafted in the OHl draft.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Elite prospects.com says he has played in the US since 2011,when he was 13,he is American citizen,was never drafted in the Euro draft but was drafted in the OHl draft.

Yeah played for Oakland Jr Grizzlies and got drafted out of there so doesn't count as a Euro (same as Nizhnikov and Lazarev in Barrie)

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
If Roger is finding the trade market for a back up goalie to be too much. I wonder if he looks at a free agent from one of the other leagues. Not sure how that all works, but I remember the Gennies going that route many years ago with Loic Lacasse

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If Roger is finding the trade market for a back up goalie to be too much. I wonder if he looks at a free agent from one of the other leagues. Not sure how that all works, but I remember the Gennies going that route many years ago with Loic Lacasse

Yeah Kitchener did that with their goalie this year too

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
any news if Keyser is back for the weekend? Need him to be successful moving forward. They really either need to give Torchia the back up spot or acquire someone to be back up as Gauthier will not be back as an OA next year. I would rather have a younger goalie put in his time as backup with the team or acquire an OA like Nichols a couple years ago who backed up brodeur.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
any news if Keyser is back for the weekend? Need him to be successful moving forward. They really either need to give Torchia the back up spot or acquire someone to be back up as Gauthier will not be back as an OA next year. I would rather have a younger goalie put in his time as backup with the team or acquire an OA like Nichols a couple years ago who backed up brodeur.

I don't think Torchia is ready for the OHL. Gauthier was considerably better than him in training camp. Nice to see Torchia off to a good start in the OJHL, but I'd for sure be looking outside of the organization for backup goalie help

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
With 62 games left in the season I'm not going to panic over the goalie situation just yet. Torchia is definitely having an up and down season in the OJHL but again it's only October.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere

Roger Hunt did say he would be ready for the busy weekend ahead but who knows as there could be a setback on the recovery time, I guess we will find out Friday.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ideally Keyser goes Fri vs HAM and Sat in OS. Then backup Sunday vs SBY. But who knows if Keyser is able to go back-to-back. Gauthier in Owen Sound sounds like it would not end well

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Ideally Keyser goes Fri vs HAM and Sat in OS. Then backup Sunday vs SBY. But who knows if Keyser is able to go back-to-back. Gauthier in Owen Sound sounds like it would not end well

Any games Gauthier is in net will not end well, as I don't have any faith in him for a vet goalie. I hear Raaymakers is close to being traded, don't know how it work out in Oshawa if ever acquired, we would have the best 1-2 punch but who would be #1 as #2 would be disappointed, maybe its a good thing both pushing each other for the #1 spot. but realistically can't see this trade happening with Oshawa SSM would want too much in return.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Any games Gauthier is in net will not end well, as I don't have any faith in him for a vet goalie. I hear Raaymakers is close to being traded, don't know how it work out in Oshawa if ever acquired, we would have the best 1-2 punch but who would be #1 as #2 would be disappointed, maybe its a good thing both pushing each other for the #1 spot. but realistically can't see this trade happening with Oshawa SSM would want too much in return.

Can't see any way Raaymakers to Oshawa makes any sense. He was named the backup in SSM and demanded a trade right away. But now he'll be willing to be the backup to Keyser a month later? I can't see it

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
As I see it there are 4 goalies to be had 1/ Joseph Raaymakers 2/ David Ovsjannikov 3/ Joseph Murdaca 4/ Mario Culina
2 of for are OA's the one that I would be eyeing is Joesph Muraca may come cheaply and who knows ther might be a package trade lets say Ivan Lodnia or Taylor Raddysh. and then again nothing may happen.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
As I see it there are 4 goalies to be had 1/ Joseph Raaymakers 2/ David Ovsjannikov 3/ Joseph Murdaca 4/ Mario Culina
2 of for are OA's the one that I would be eyeing is Joesph Muraca may come cheaply and who knows ther might be a package trade lets say Ivan Lodnia or Taylor Raddysh. and then again nothing may happen.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. PBO/MISS (once they get Tippett/McLeod back)/BAR are all forced to go all-in this year. Let them punch themselves out and mortgage their futures and the Gens can come back next year with an even better team and run away with the East for fun

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. PBO/MISS (once they get Tippett/McLeod back)/BAR are all forced to go all-in this year. Let them punch themselves out and mortgage their futures and the Gens can come back next year with an even better team and run away with the East for fun

I just throw the Raddysh & Lodnia there I don't want to give to much of future for them but we do need a backup, hope sooner than later.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I just throw the Raddysh & Lodnia there I don't want to give to much of future for them but we do need a backup, hope sooner than later.

Agreed. You could get Culina or Ovvsjanikov for free though and Hunt hasn't done that yet so I guess he isn't as concerned about it as we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad