Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
How long will it take for Roger Hunt to call up Nathan Torchia as a backup to Keyser, 9 goals in 2 game is not a good stat for Logan Gauthier as he won't be around for his OA (lets hope not) next season.

There's no chance he's back. You don't use an OA on a backup goalie. And Torchia won't be called up. If Gauthier isn't getting it done then they'll trade for a back-up, that wouldn't be expensive

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
What's wrong with Torchia, other than he is on the small side. I think he is being groomed in the OJHL to be on the team as a backup next year.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What's wrong with Torchia, other than he is on the small side. I think he is being groomed in the OJHL to be on the team as a backup next year.

Agree with that assessment 100%. Gens are ready to win this year and Torchia will be the backup next year. No need to bring Torchia up now and have him struggle and not get full time minutes. Go get a real backup. You could get one for free on the waiver wire

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Agree with that assessment 100%. Gens are ready to win this year and Torchia will be the backup next year. No need to bring Torchia up now and have him struggle and not get full time minutes. Go get a real backup. You could get one for free on the waiver wire

Your right in saying pick a back up for free that is on waivers, because I would not want to give up anything for a goalie that may only play minimal games for the next couple of years.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Your right in saying pick a back up for free that is on waivers, because I would not want to give up anything for a goalie that may only play minimal games for the next couple of years.

Just do what they did when they got Justin Nichols. Pay very little for a goalie who is an above average backup

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
well Sean Allen suspended 10 games as of the incident in the Sept 28th game against the Pete's will be eligible to return Oct 27th

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
well Sean Allen suspended 10 games as of the incident in the Sept 28th game against the Pete's will be eligible to return Oct 27th

Wonder if Sean Allen gets moved this year. Gens will be losing Huether/Kohn/Di Carlo due to age. Then they can only keep 3 of Commisso/Henderson/Krastenbergs/Allen/Stillman/Brassard

One or both of Stillman/Brassard will probably sign with their NHL team.

So no brainer OA's are Commisso and Henderson. I love Krastenbergs but you could go pay for a big Euro to come and not use an OA spot on him so Krasty might be out. Then you take back one of Stillman/Brasssard if they don't sign. So do you move Allen this year because you won't need him next year and the Gens already have enough D this year?

That lineup next year would still be super stacked even before the 2018 OHL draft where the Gens have 2 2nds and a 3rd

2018-19 F Lines:
Henderson(OA)-Studnicka-Commisso(OA)
1st Round Euro Pick-McShane-Noel
Antropov-MacLean-Wong
Resnick-Sparkes-Hewitson

D Pairings:
Brewer-Stillman or Brassard(OA)
Ennis-Gross
Blacker-Rupoli

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Wonder if Sean Allen gets moved this year. Gens will be losing Huether/Kohn/Di Carlo due to age. Then they can only keep 3 of Commisso/Henderson/Krastenbergs/Allen/Stillman/Brassard

One or both of Stillman/Brassard will probably sign with their NHL team.

So no brainer OA's are Commisso and Henderson. I love Krastenbergs but you could go pay for a big Euro to come and not use an OA spot on him so Krasty might be out. Then you take back one of Stillman/Brasssard if they don't sign. So do you move Allen this year because you won't need him next year and the Gens already have enough D this year?

That lineup next year would still be super stacked even before the 2018 OHL draft where the Gens have 2 2nds and a 3rd

2018-19 F Lines:
Henderson(OA)-Studnicka-Commisso(OA)
1st Round Euro Pick-McShane-Noel
Antropov-MacLean-Wong
Resnick-Sparkes-Hewitson

D Pairings:
Brewer-Stillman or Brassard(OA)
Ennis-Gross
Blacker-Rupoli

There's news coming soon on Sullivan Sparkes can't indulge.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
There's news coming soon on Sullivan Sparkes can't indulge.

Nothing coming out on Sullivan Sparkes would be exactly breaking news. He's not in the teams top 12. Cole Resnick beat him out of his spot

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Generalsupdates... I think the Gens overpaid for Nichols ( a 3rd and a 5th!) considering the length of time they had him for and as I recall, he did not play up to how he did before coming to oshawa.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Generalsupdates... I think the Gens overpaid for Nichols ( a 3rd and a 5th!) considering the length of time they had him for and as I recall, he did not play up to how he did before coming to oshawa.

Was just using that type of move as an example. But in the 2018 draft the picks the Gens have are:
2018: OSH 1st, KGN 2nd, MISS 2nd, LDN 3rd, ERIE 4th, OSH 6th, KIT 6th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 9th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

As I posted above, the Gens lineup is already pretty full next year, where are you going to fit in the 1st, 2 2nds and 3rd? You could use those picks as trade chips since you already will have a full roster next year and won't need the players that'll come from all those picks

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
This is not Breaking news according to Generalsupdate but he was a General and here is the news that couldn't say until it came official:

#RosterUpdate: Sullivan Sparkes has been released from the Gens and will pursue opportunities in the QMJHL

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
5-4 NIA. Gens win if Keyser’s playing but he’s not and I’ve seen nothing from Gauthier that suggests I should have confidence in him.

GWG: Thomas

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is not Breaking news according to Generalsupdate but he was a General and here is the news that couldn't say until it came official:

#RosterUpdate: Sullivan Sparkes has been released from the Gens and will pursue opportunities in the QMJHL

Sparkes signed with Charlottetown

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
5-4 NIA. Gens win if Keyser’s playing but he’s not and I’ve seen nothing from Gauthier that suggests I should have confidence in him.

GWG: Thomas

At least I got 5-4 and NIA right... Man does Gauthier stink. He can't go between the pipes for the Gens again. He looks so lost out there. Time for something new, make a change Roger.

The PK is also just 16/27 although 6 of those 11 goals were in the last 2 games and 4 or 5 should've been stopped by Gauthier

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
If keyser is out at all for any period of time a move will have to be made. Gauthier isn’t cutting it. To me the Gens have lost three points so far. Outplayed and out shot Guelph and really should have had a home win last night. Big picture Gauthier is 19 so no way he comes back next year. They either look for a solid back up to keyser now or go all in for next two years and go after depietro from Windsor. I’m more confident in waiting for keyser at this point but Gauthier’s save percentage isn’t great and the confidence of the team is shaky with him in net. Hope keyser injury is very minor.

But here’s a little fan Gm hockey deal from our section last night for you to chew on. Not saying it would happen or should happen but a deal like this puts Oshawa there for two years.

Oshawa sends brewer, antropov, 3 seconds, 3 or 4 thirds and maybe Keyser to Windsor in January for Depeitro, villardi maybe another d man as well.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
But here’s a little fan Gm hockey deal from our section last night for you to chew on. Not saying it would happen or should happen but a deal like this puts Oshawa there for two years.

Oshawa sends brewer, antropov, 3 seconds, 3 or 4 thirds and maybe Keyser to Windsor in January for Depeitro, villardi maybe another d man as well.

This trade will absolutely not happen make no sense nor do I want it to happen, Keyser will be ready for next weeks action, as per Roger Hunts comment about the situation, we just need a more suitable back up, why keep Gauthier as he is an OA next season that will get no playing time behind Keyser and there is no trading value.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If keyser is out at all for any period of time a move will have to be made. Gauthier isn’t cutting it. To me the Gens have lost three points so far. Outplayed and out shot Guelph and really should have had a home win last night. Big picture Gauthier is 19 so no way he comes back next year. They either look for a solid back up to keyser now or go all in for next two years and go after depietro from Windsor. I’m more confident in waiting for keyser at this point but Gauthier’s save percentage isn’t great and the confidence of the team is shaky with him in net. Hope keyser injury is very minor.

Lots of superstars in the trade but doesn't make a whole lot of sense because goaltending will be one of the Gens strengths next year. Yes DiPietro is better than Keyser, but he will be one of the only goalies in the OHL better than him next year. Gens don't need a starting goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad