Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well we have a new player that as Generalsupdates stated his name is Adam Kadlec 1999 birth year he will be wearing #10

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I'll just do the whole weekend so I don't forget

3-1 OSH
GWG- Stillman

5-3 OS (this could really change depending on who's in net)
GWG- Hancock

4-2 OSH
GWG- Noel

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Gens havent officially announced him yet so I doubt he's playing tonight if you want to change your GWG pick you can

But they issued on the roster #10 but that doesn't mean he is playing, which I don't thing he is playing either as he is more than likely flying out east.
just put him down as a joke for the GWG.

I'll go GWG: Stillman

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The crowded group of D-men got a little smaller. Rupoli has been returned to the Mississauga Chargers of the OJHL.

Houndawg71

Oct 2, 2012
Sault Ste. Marie
Can't see any way Raaymakers to Oshawa makes any sense. He was named the backup in SSM and demanded a trade right away. But now he'll be willing to be the backup to Keyser a month later? I can't see it
Ray will only go to a team as a starter....He is excellent starting goalie but got outplayed over the last half of the season by prob one of the top three in the league .........Rookie last year Matt Villalta who again is stellar...Joe did not report because he new the HOunds would not keep two starting goaltenders.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Ray will only go to a team as a starter....He is excellent starting goalie but got outplayed over the last half of the season by prob one of the top three in the league .........Rookie last year Matt Villalta who again is stellar...Joe did not report because he new the HOunds would not keep two starting goaltenders.

With a career save % of .892, I wouldn't go as far as to say "excellent starting goalie". Also why SSM hasn't been able to work out a trade for him. No team has been willing to pay what SSM thinks he's worth

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
But they issued on the roster #10 but that doesn't mean he is playing, which I don't thing he is playing either as he is more than likely flying out east.
just put him down as a joke for the GWG.

I'll go GWG: Stillman

Kadlec is in fact playing tonight. Team still hasn't even announced the signing though lol. Kohn moved to the wing

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This team keeps borderline dominating for 40 minutes but losing because of the other 20 and that happened again tonight. Looked great in the 2nd/3rd. Didn't skate in the 1st and it cost them the game. I did like how after the timeout and Nemisz speech they really got going. I thought Commisso/Henderson/Brassard really upped their game in the shifts after that and got super physical and really upped their intensity. Nice to see that even without a head coach on the bench the players still respond that way. Will be interesting to see who's in net tomorrow night @ a tough Owen Sound team

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
This team keeps borderline dominating for 40 minutes but losing because of the other 20 and that happened again tonight. Looked great in the 2nd/3rd. Didn't skate in the 1st and it cost them the game. I did like how after the timeout and Nemisz speech they really got going. I thought Commisso/Henderson/Brassard really upped their game in the shifts after that and got super physical and really upped their intensity. Nice to see that even without a head coach on the bench the players still respond that way. Will be interesting to see who's in net tomorrow night @ a tough Owen Sound team
And I think not having a head coach will be the downfall of the Generals not that Nemisz won't make a good coach he is just not ready, and from what I hear Bob Jones is not returning, I think the Gen's need a coach like Smith.my opinion on to Owen Sound

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I agree I think they need a head coach like DJ Smith but the problem with that is there is only one of them. The coaches we have are learning on the job. Our best players are the 16-17 year olds. You won’t get anything for the older players we have. The OA’s aren’t difference makers.

Hunt has two paths to choose. Play it out this year and gain more experience for the young guys with a playoff round and draft well again, sell off any older players to acquire some picks but they won’t be high. The petes are the team to beat in the east but they are in a one and done run this year as their team is heavy 19-20 year olds.

Or make a move with Windsor like I’ve mentioned before acquiring depeitro plus a villardi plus when returned from injury. The team would be competing the next two years for titles but it would cost the cupboard of picks and a player or two.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The petes are the team to beat in the east but they are in a one and done run this year as their team is heavy 19-20 year olds.

not sure about that statement...Petes have 3 97's and of course so do Oshawa...Petes have 6 19yr olds(timms out currently so only 5 in lineup) oshawa has 5..Petes have 6 00's (4 playing d currently ) Oshawa has 5 00's as per last game...so not true regarding heavy 19 20yr olds a 1 player difference compared to oshawa at present. Oshawa has 2 01's in lineup one f one d Petes have 1 at f with a d filling in.....very similar rosters i'd say moving forward maybe oshawa deeper up front with young guys and petes more depth backend including jones in net should be good for a few more years of competition!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I agree I think they need a head coach like DJ Smith but the problem with that is there is only one of them. The coaches we have are learning on the job. Our best players are the 16-17 year olds. You won’t get anything for the older players we have. The OA’s aren’t difference makers.

Hunt has two paths to choose. Play it out this year and gain more experience for the young guys with a playoff round and draft well again, sell off any older players to acquire some picks but they won’t be high. The petes are the team to beat in the east but they are in a one and done run this year as their team is heavy 19-20 year olds.

Or make a move with Windsor like I’ve mentioned before acquiring depeitro plus a villardi plus when returned from injury. The team would be competing the next two years for titles but it would cost the cupboard of picks and a player or two.

I can come very close to guaranteeing you that won't happen. I'd bet that the Gens keep the majority of this team the way it is and make a run (probably 2 rounds long) in the playoffs and then come back next year when Peterborough/Barrie/Mississauga are in a rebuild, and take the East by storm with all returning guys and a team even better than they will be this year. Next years lineup is already looking like:

F Lines:
Krastenbergs or Henderson (OA)-Studnicka-Commisso (OA)
Antropov-McShane-Noel
Wong-MacLean-Resnick
1st round pick-Kadlec-Import pick
Unknown: Farinacci, DeBoer

D Pairings:
Brewer-Stillman or Brassard(OA)
Ennis-Gross
Blacker-Rupoli
Others: Stoia

Goalies:
Keyser
Torchia

The fact that they already have a full roster next year (and a draft pick cupboard full of picks already) means that they don't need to trade anyone from this current team (like they did with Cirelli/Vande Sompel). Get the playoff experience of going as far as you can and look to add anyone at the deadline that will be back next year. Don't know if either are even possible to get via trade, but I'd be looking into how much Vilardi or Levin cost at the deadline if those 2 teams have fallen back in the standings

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
not sure about that statement...Petes have 3 97's and of course so do Oshawa...Petes have 6 19yr olds(timms out currently so only 5 in lineup) oshawa has 5..Petes have 6 00's (4 playing d currently ) Oshawa has 5 00's as per last game...so not true regarding heavy 19 20yr olds a 1 player difference compared to oshawa at present. Oshawa has 2 01's in lineup one f one d Petes have 1 at f with a d filling in.....very similar rosters i'd say moving forward maybe oshawa deeper up front with young guys and petes more depth backend including jones in net should be good for a few more years of competition!

You're getting caught on the number of guys moving on vs WHO is moving on. Gens lose Di Carlo/Huether/Kohn and then have a bunch of options on who they want to keep with their OA's next year. No offence to those guys (they're all good OHL players) but none of them are stars. Petes will lose Wells/Ang/Korostelev/Black/DeNoble/Paquette. That's basically all of their best players gone next year. This is the Petes last year of their window without a doubt. They won't be terrible next year, but they won't have the team to make a run at winning it all like they will this year (plus you'll see the Petes make trades for rentals at the deadline to go even more all-in this year)

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Just to be clear, at the end of this season, as it stands right now, the Gens will lose 7 players:

They will lose DiCarlo, Huether and Kohn;

They will also lose 4 of the following 7 players: Gauthier, Stillman, Allen, Brassard, Commisso, Henderson or Krastenbergs.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just to be clear, at the end of this season, as it stands right now, the Gens will lose 7 players:

They will also lose 4 of the following 7 players: Gauthier, Stillman, Allen, Brassard, Commisso, Henderson or Krastenbergs.

Yeah. Gauthier/Allen are gone with little effect on the team. Commisso will be back. Krastenbergs likely gone because you can add a good Euro (especially with the Gens connections). Henderson probably back. One of Brassard/Stillman back (I'd rather Brassard, Stillman hasn't looked good at all so far this season. Looks a step slower than last year)

The lineup I posted above is with the 7 guys gone and still a full roster returning (and the Gens have their 1st, 2 2nds and a 3rd, plus 1st round Euro if they let Krasty go)

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
So with the Gens losing at least 7 players that means only 17 will be back. Just to be clear.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

yup theyre not as good as shape as people think i dont think personally but we'll see they tend to work things out for the best

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So with the Gens losing at least 7 players that means only 17 will be back. Just to be clear.

Correct. But have Stoia signed who's not with the team so he could come in. And could see DeBoer come to the Gens for a year. Also Torchia is already signed and will be the back-up next year. So it's already very close to a full roster even before the draft/import draft

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
yup the east needs a competitive generals team to make it an interesting conference looks like the days of old with petes and gennies both being competitive again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad