OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

so did the Flyer pull the goalie because they want to screw the Pens? They were already eliminated after Detroit got that point.

I think Caps lose to Rangers in 4. Was hoping we'd somehow get a Rags vs Isles first round matchup instead.
Philly pulled the goalie while Detroit was still
trailing in their game. (They tied it with 3 seconds left).

If Philly had just played it straight to get to overtime or a shootout Detroit might still have been alive. Philly needed a regulation win so they pulled the goalie early and when the Caps promptly scored, Detroit got screwed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ya I watched the Wings regulation end then flipped to Philly and then they pulled the goalie so it was at least 90-120 seconds in between. Maybe the wifi stinks at the Philly arena lol
They were hyping up the goalie pull all game long. Brian Boucher on the Flyers crew said maybe around 6 minutes left Torts will think about pulling the goalie because they needed a regulation win.

I saw Detroit tied it, they showed the clip of it right on the broadcast of this game. Then I'm thinking ''Never mind, they're not gonna pull him now''. Then out of nowhere, he comes out and I'm pretty sure they got the empty net goal almost immediately after he came out.

It was almost like this year's Devils where it didn't take long for the other team to hit the empty net.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
OH boy, it's gonna be a cake walk for the Rags. They will be nice and rested for Carolina.
Carolina may be rested too. I think they can take the Islanders.

The Islanders aren't very good either

But they're no Washington Washups either.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The puck was in the empty net literally right after I realized the net was empty.

It was like the amount of time between Tommy in Goodfellas finding out he was getting whacked and when they pulled the trigger.

Not even enough time to finish saying oh no.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Philly pulled the goalie while Detroit was still
trailing in their game. (They tied it with 3 seconds left).

If Philly had just played it straight to get to overtime or a shootout Detroit might still have been alive. Philly needed a regulation win so they pulled the goalie early and when the Caps promptly scored, Detroit got screwed.
Torts didn’t know it, but Detroit had already sent their game to OT by the time the Flyers had pulled the goalie. So they were out already. Which makes it 10000x funnier.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Carolina may be rested too. I think they can take the Islanders.

The Islanders aren't very good either

But they're no Washington Washups either.

Yeah I'm not quite sure why some "experts" are painting the Isles as dangerous. They are not a good team by any stretch.

There only hope is goaltending runs very hot

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That flyers capitals game was terrible to watch btw

Just f***ing ping pong up the ice by two teams afraid to provide any offense
That's basically a 2023-2024 Capitals game. Devoid of skill, slow, nothing going on.

They're legit the most boring team in the league this year, though the Travis Green Devils sure gave them a run at the end of the season.

They're even more boring than the Seattle Kraken, which is probably because the Kraken are actually not slow.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah I'm not quite sure why some "experts" are painting the Isles as dangerous. They are not a good team by any stretch.

The fact that teams 7-11 in the East were Islanders, Capitals, Red Wings, Flyers this year and all of them finished ahead of us, gives me pretty reasonable confidence that we can come back and be good next year. There's a really good chance several of those teams are gonna be worse next year than they were this year. And we have a really good shot at getting more than 81 points next year.

I left out the Penguins on purpose, because I think in a perfect season where we're only going by strength of roster, at least the rosters we started the year with, the Islanders and Capitals are out, the Devils and Pens are in this year.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
So fitting that the a boring ass slow old team with a -37 goal differential clinches the playoffs on an empty net gwg because the opposing coach pulled the goalie unnecessarily.

If the devils weren’t such sad sacks of shit against them they would have been eliminated a couple of games ago already.

All that being said…it would be so very hockey for that team now to somehow find a way to dispatch the president trophy winning team in the first round of the playoffs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's no way you can convince me the Islanders, Capitals, Red Wings and Flyers are all better than the Devils, other than ''PlAyOfFs BrO'' or ''FiNiShT hIgHeR iN StAnDiNgS''.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

The Islanders are not a good team but they have elite goaltending and their shooting percentage has been so atrocious that they’re due for some regression.

I think they might PDO their way to a series win despite being completely outclassed by Carolina on paper.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

1713320017208.jpeg

• Love

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Panthers clinch the Atlantic. Battle of Florida and Bruins v Leafs set.
Would have thought Tampa would have had a shot vs Boston but the match up against Florida is prob worst case for them.

Boston and Toronto will be good for the lolz

Reactions: glenwo2

Camille the Eel

Torts didn’t know it, but Detroit had already sent their game to OT by the time the Flyers had pulled the goalie. So they were out already. Which makes it 10000x funnier.
Funny - could there have been some kind of broadcast delay involved in the timing?

Because I was watching both games on ESPN+ on line, and I could swear that Philly gave up the empty netter well before Detroit tied their game. Torts pulled his goalie early - like when there was 4 or 5 minutes left and got promptly scored on.

That game was running a few minutes behind the one in Montreal, however, because of the delay in the first period while Philly had an apparent goal reviewed (not called on the ice and then not awarded on review).

I really require some clarification on the relative timing. In my recollection, Philly already trailed when Detroit tied it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad