OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
That’s a real bad call. Not only does the cross check send the defender into the goalie in the blue, but it gives Bennett the space to shoot the puck. That is classic interference.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
I'm amazed the crowd isn't more incensed.
They aren't drunk enough yet.

jnLI7uO.png

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Is it in the rule book that you can’t push an opposing player into the goalie? It sounds like it should be but is it?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That Bennett goal is going to up a can of worms, you just admitted that you can push guys into goalies if the refs are blind and score. Chances are Swayman isn't making that save regardless but Coyle is gonna sweep the puck out of the crease at the WORST.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Is it in the rule book that you can’t push an opposing player into the goalie? It sounds like it should be but is it?
It is:

IMG_2022.png

I think this was a it of stubborness in the official because not only is it an offensive player making contact with a player into the goalie, but it was push off by to allow him to play the puck. It would have been an interference penalty, but I don’t think they wanted to admit that missed call. Bennett basically commits offensive pass interference on the play.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It is:

View attachment 869479

I think this was a it of stubborness in the official because not only is it an offensive player making contact with a player into the goalie, but it was push off by to allow him to play the puck. It would have been an interference penalty, but I don’t think they wanted to admit that missed call. Bennett basically commits offensive pass interference on the play.
Ok that makes sense but is that under “goalie interference” or just regular interference? I think the issue is that the former is reviewable but not the latter.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
That Bennett goal is going to up a can of worms, you just admitted that you can push guys into goalies if the refs are blind and score. Chances are Swayman isn't making that save regardless but Coyle is gonna sweep the puck out of the crease at the WORST.
This is exactly it. Coyle would've held Bennett's ground and he doesn't even get the shot off.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

This is the league getting ready to pull a bait and switch on the Panthers when all of the stuff they are getting away with against the Bs and more is called against the when they play the rags.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Swayman's never going to be able to get over to cover that side of the net anyway. It's not interference on Bennett - that level of contact is always legal when the puck's around a guy. I think if Swayman were already on that side of the net and something like that happened, it's called off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad