OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Camille the Eel

I'm very happy for Nasreddine more than Deboer. He deserves a head coaching job somewhere and I hope he gets it.

As for the Rangers series, with their clear advantage in goal, and then what we saw today as to their advantage on special teams, they have to be favored in that series.

It's weird how there was only one power play all night in this Dallas game 7. Yet they called the Rangers game close with several really tricky tack penalties. What is it about the Rangers play that leads them to draw so many penalties? Because this wasn't the only game where that's happened, it's been consistent all year and consistent from season to season, no matter who the opponent is and no matter which crew is calling the game. If that continues in the playoffs you are giving them such an advantage.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lots of doom on the Canes, too early. They had the puck the entire game. They will have to tweak the special teams. But they are in this series. They also have a ton of fight this season which previous canes teams did not have. They can come back from early deficits during games now.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I’m not too worried about the Canes. They need to get a save or two, stay out of the box, and be adequate on the PK and they’ll be fine. Panthers should make easy work of the Bruins. Worst case scenario is Shesterkin going into God mode and Swayman somehow stealing the series vs Panthers. I can’t see the rags beating any of the Stars, Avs, or Oilers if that happens. From my lips (or fingers) to God’s ears.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I’m not too worried about the Canes. They need to get a save or two, stay out of the box, and be adequate on the PK and they’ll be fine. Panthers should make easy work of the Bruins. Worst case scenario is Shesterkin going into God mode and Swayman somehow stealing the series vs Panthers. I can’t see the rags beating any of the Stars, Avs, or Oilers if that happens. From my lips (or fingers) to God’s ears.
If the Canes win game 2 than that could be a nice momentum swing going back home for game 3 but I just don't have the best feeling about the Canes winning this one.

When it comes to Florida I think they can for sure beat the Rangers. Same with Colorado out west. Boston might give the Panthers some tight games but I see Florida winning that series in 5 or 6 games.

The Rags did win their first 5 straight games but im not sure why the Panthers and Avs aren't getting enough buzz after their impressive 1st rounds after playing much better teams than Washington.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i hate the rags but if the canes lose there’s a slightly better chance rod the bod is available so this is potentially lose-lose/win-win?

i’d love to see florida push the rags around too

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I'm very happy for Nasreddine more than Deboer. He deserves a head coaching job somewhere and I hope he gets it.

As for the Rangers series, with their clear advantage in goal, and then what we saw today as to their advantage on special teams, they have to be favored in that series.

It's weird how there was only one power play all night in this Dallas game 7. Yet they called the Rangers game close with several really tricky tack penalties. What is it about the Rangers play that leads them to draw so many penalties? Because this wasn't the only game where that's happened, it's been consistent all year and consistent from season to season, no matter who the opponent is and no matter which crew is calling the game. If that continues in the playoffs you are giving them such an advantage.
It's called the New York advantage .... just like the refs knew they had to stop Carolinas 6 on 4 at the end of the game. The Refs all know what has to be done!

i hate the rags but if the canes lose there’s a slightly better chance rod the bod is available so this is potentially lose-lose/win-win?

I don't think Rod Brind'Amore gets fired minor lose.

It's called the New York advantage .... just like the refs knew they had to stop Carolinas 6 on 4 at the end of the game. The Refs all know what has to be done!

I don't think Rod Brind'Amore gets fired minor lose.
*win

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I think quite a few of the West teams can beat them.

Unless someone like Vancouver makes a Cinderella run. I'm pretty sure the Rangers would put a halt to that if such an occurrence even happened in the first place.

I think they'd beat either of tonight's teams, but I think Dallas could beat them just the same. Dallas has a lot of old legs that can give out by that point in the playoffs. Vegas is already beat up and the first round isn't even over for them.
I think the Avs can beat the Rags depending on what game they come out playing. I also thought that of the Canes but they came out playing tentative. and not with their usual PK.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If the Canes get punked by the Rangers again why would we even want Rod tbh? They only beat us and the Isles in the playoffs the last few years.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
The shot counter in this game must be sleeping as Pasta had 2 shots on his first shift and the Bruins were just credited for their first shot before the break

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad