OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
So much whining about this LTIR thing. The rules are the same for everyone. If this was a simple act of fraud that every team could get away with, then you'd see every team doing it.

If there was some unfair advantage for a team or set of teams, it would also be logical to think that the GM's and players would be itching to fix it. But they aren't.

It's pretty evident that whatever loopholes fans speculate may be getting taken advantage of, the cons do not outweigh the pros in the eyes of the people directly involved with playing on and running the teams. That's really all you need to know about the situation. The complaints just come across as whiny bellyaching from butthurt fans.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
yeah but he played 17 minutes last night - he was obviously good enough to go last week or the week before or who knows? that’s the shenanigans part, because if they went by his actual timeline they wouldn’t have been able to add someone like hertl at the deadline.

no ones saying he wasn’t injured. but it just happens to be convenient that he’s all of the sudden good enough to log the second most forward minutes in the first game back being “eased in”, but missed just enough time to let them add another $8m player at the deadline and fit it under the cap.

and i agree it doesn’t make sense for the playoffs - but if he wasn’t good enough for game 82 they he should be allowed to explode the cap hit of their round 1 playoff matchup. it also sucks for dallas who won the west but gets the play a roster that’s way better than the one that finished 8th

It’s only shenanigans if you make up a conspiracy to be angry about.

Stone lacerated his spleen on Feb 20

Stone started practicing with a non-contact jersey on April 12.
Vegas had 3 more regular season games by then: 14, 16, 18.

Stone was cleared for full participation in practices on April 20.

Stone averaged 19:24 ATOI a game this year, 17:09 is easing him back.

Players push themselves to make it back by the start of the playoffs, understandably because those games are way more meaningful. It doesn’t mean they’re healthy before that.

The only things I care about are:
1) the players’ health
2) having the best line-ups as possible in the playoffs

I’m not interested at all in
1) accusing players of malingering or
2) trying to force them to return earlier for a meaningless regular season game or suspending them for a playoff round if they don’t play that game.

I’m ok with the LTIR rules if the teams are, it’s their league.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t really care about the LTIR stuff. I like to look at the positive things in life.

Like maybe Vegas will beat Dallas and they will fire DeBoer and we can bring him back.
I was thinking about the possibility of Dallas firing DeBoer if they go out in round one.

They're such an OLD team that I'm surprised so many people are high on them as cup contenders.

I keep pointing this out. Pavelski and Suter both just about 40. Jamie Benn is gonna be 35 this summer. Tanev is coming up on 35. Dadonov is already 35. Duchene is 33. Seguin is 32. I always forget Craig Smith is there. He's 35. Outside of him I don't think any of those guys are what you'd consider just role players at this point.

Robertson and Johnston are both young and pretty big contributors. Heiskanen and Hintz are still young enough. Stankoven looks good since entering the league.

Oettinger is young but has been a net negative contributor since ''The series'' back in 2022, which really overrated the f*** out of him. He may find himself on the bench for 31 or 32 year old Wedgewood if things keep going bad.

This is a very old team, with a lot of important players who are well into their 30s, some closer to 40 than anything.

Reactions: Guttersniped

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Vegas is the heel that will do anything to win, and sports is better when you have a good villain. And at the end of the day, it's entertainment.

Of course if the Devils were playing them I'd hope for nothing but ruin for them.:laugh:

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don’t really care about the LTIR stuff. I like to look at the positive things in life.

Like maybe Vegas will beat Dallas and they will fire DeBoer and we can bring him back.
Well it has been almost as long since Pete coached here as it was for Lindy with Buffalo…

Reactions: Mgd31

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Capitals had a lead in this series, so I guess if they get swept they could celebrate that.

Reactions: mdj12784

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f*** this. Heading over to Florida/Tampa.
I won't even watch the other series.

The Capitals are a drag. Just a bullshit suck team, and a boring one at that.

I was surprised to see them leading the game 1-0 at one point. I wondered if they'd have a lead all series and they'd need to score first in the game to do that.

Caps are ASS

A historically bad playoff team
I told you that last month. Actually, I've said it all year. They are a joke.

Maybe they had an uptick in play in March. Just randomness.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s only shenanigans if you make up a conspiracy to be angry about.

Stone lacerated his spleen on Feb 20

Stone started practicing with a non-contact jersey on April 12.
Vegas had 3 more regular season games by then: 14, 16, 18.

Stone was cleared for full participation in practices on April 20.

Stone averaged 19:24 ATOI a game this year, 17:09 is easing him back.

Players push themselves to make it back by the start of the playoffs, understandably because those games are way more meaningful. It doesn’t mean they’re healthy before that.

The only things I care about are:
1) the players’ health
2) having the best line-ups as possible in the playoffs

I’m not interested at all in
1) accusing players of malingering or
2) trying to force them to return earlier for a meaningless regular season game or suspending them for a playoff round if they don’t play that game.

I’m ok with the LTIR rules if the teams are, it’s their league.
I’d have to use a peremptory challenge to have you excused from the jury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad