OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That’s how he has the longest drought. He’s played only 4 playoff games since 2012.
How is that a goal drought? You can’t score in games you aren’t playing in lol. That’s just a playoff game drought.

Also Jeff Skinner has never played a single playoff game in like 15 years.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
How is that a goal drought? You can’t score in games you aren’t playing in lol. That’s just a playoff game drought.

Also Jeff Skinner has never played a single playoff game in like 15 years.

I didn't bother to fact check, it's just what the people said in intermission. I'm guessing as long as you played in the playoffs once, that record keeps ticking? Skinner has never been in the playoffs

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I didn't bother to fact check, it's just what the people said in intermission. I'm guessing as long as you played in the playoffs once, that record keeps ticking? Skinner has never been in the playoffs
It’s probably longest timeframe between goals in playoffs. If they framed it as a “drought” it doesn’t make sense, that’s a term almost unanimously used to refer to when a player has gone many games played without scoring. That would be like saying Dougie’s first goal next season is going to end a 9 month drought ignoring that he didn’t actually play games in that time frame.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm very curious what the Canes O Zone time was in tonight's game. Every time I turned it on they had the Isles pinned for like 5 minutes.

Reactions: Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Check out the Canes broadcast on those final two goals. Place erupted and it interfered with the commentators mics

Love Palms but he was pretty whiny this game

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night on ECHL Thompson.

That might turn the tides here. That was a potentially deflating softy.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_5653.jpeg

Camille the Eel

I didn't watch but I saw Isles blew a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes left? HOW?
They were dominated so badly in this game for all 60 minutes, they should never have been ahead. You can’t describe how badly they were being shelled but they blocked like 40 shots, Varlamov stood on his head, and they continued lucky.

With 3 minutes left and Carolina’s goalie pulled, the luck ran out and, having bent for 57 minutes, they finally broke. 2 goals in 9 seconds. Then a final coup de grace, probably an empty netter but by then I turned it off.

The score should have been 10 - 3 by then, with the quality of the chances Carolina had all game long.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Sorokin will go in for game 3?

The goal that made it 3-2 was not a great one and the game winner was basically a wraparound.

I’d bet they’re gonna be back to Sorokin.

And Ullmark with a couple of low key not good ones. If Swayman shuts it down next game Montgomery can’t keep playing this game of goalie carousel.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

The goal that made it 3-2 was not a great one and the game winner was basically a wraparound.

And Ullmark with a couple of low key not good ones. If Swayman shuts it down next game Montgomery can’t keep playing this game of goalie carousel.
They may just because they wore Varlamov out and need to change something. But Varlamov stood on his head in this game, and they were lucky, otherwise they would have been behind 10 - 3.

They never seriously tried to do anything except go into a shell and defend from the opening puck drop.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
NBA had the better night tonight for entertaining games but holy shit what was that circus of a game in Carolina LMAO. I think the Stars will be fine long term in their series, LAK is most likely getting swept, people overreacted to the Leafs game 1 loss.

I was with my Isles buddies watching the game tonight and that's the first thing I said. That Jarvis goal had a lot of odor on it. Jarvis has been great but you need that save at 3-1, all the Canes needed one was one to break the dam. That was the most insane ass kicking I've seen in a playoff game territorial wise. I don't think Sorokin does anything that Varly can't but you need something momentum wise to shift the series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad